Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

What's the most Pop 1/0 on one Submission you ever made?

Mine is (3) Pop 1 coins with none higher on one submissionimage
Bill

09/07/2006

Comments

• Options
    BladeBlade Posts: 1,744
    Sounds pretty good, but I only give credit if they are pre 1970.
    Tom

NOTE: No trees were killed in the sending of this message. However, a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

Type collector since 1981
    Current focus 1855 date type set
  • Options
    RussRuss Posts: 48,515 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Sounds pretty good, but I only give credit if they are pre 1970. >>

His were 1902.

I made a pop 1/0 1869 Two Cent Piece, but only because the graders were passing around a doob at the time.

Russ, NCNE
  • Options
    FatManFatMan Posts: 8,977

<< <i>I made a pop 1/0 on one submission, but only because the graders were passing around a doob at the time. Russ, NCNE >>

So does that mean if I send a doob with my submissions I will have a better shot at a pop 1/0? Thanks for the tip.
  • Options
    RussRuss Posts: 48,515 ✭✭✭

<< <i>So does that mean if I send a doob with my submissions I will have a better shot at a pop 1/0? >>

Yeah, but it only works on round three. You have to go thru a DNC and a bodybag first.

Russ, NCNE
  • Options
    FatManFatMan Posts: 8,977

<< <i>Yeah, but it only works on round three. You have to go thru a DNC and a bodybag first. Russ, NCNE >>

I believe I have a few that fit the bill. Third try with doob enclosed will be the charm.image <B>
    </B>
  • Options
    Lincoln 1931-D XF45 pop1, none graded lower. image
  • Options
    I have made 0 on 0 submissions thats 0/0 Im doing great!
  • Options
    michaelmichael Posts: 9,524 ✭✭
    three on on submission

one was pre civil war the other two where pre 1936 all silver coins all business strike

then on another submission three again

one was pre 1902 the other pre 1914 the third pre 1886 two silver one copper nickel coin two where proofs one was business strike

• Options
    michaelmichael Posts: 9,524 ✭✭
    the first one was pcgs the second one was ngc

and 6 months prior to that was the first coin i ever sent into a grading service one coin and it got pop one and none higher and that was the first walker pcgs ever graded in cameo proof and i paid for it with the free coupon in back of the pcgs grading guide

and the coin was only at pcgs one day and was graded as such and was returned within the week to me those where the good old days a few years back

michael
  • Options
    onlyroosiesonlyroosies Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭✭
    I made 3 pop 1/0 silver Roosies with a 5 coin submission once. 2 MS68FB and 1 MS68. The very next
    submission I made 2 MS68FB pop 1/0 Roosies, Again from a 5 coin submission.
  • Options
    what's a pop?
    anita...ana #r-217183...coin collecting noob
  • Options
    Russ is right mine were all 1902. Sounds like some of you other guys had some great submissions too.
    Bill

09/07/2006
  • Options
    roadrunnerroadrunner Posts: 28,303 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've one particular UNC seated liberty coin for 18 years and it has been a pop 1 on 3 different occasions. Once in 1986, then in 1988, then in 1997. It was either crossed or upgraded on these submissions as market grading changed. It has been the highest graded by a wide margin since it was 1st submitted.

roadrunner
    Barbarous Relic No More, LSCC -GoldSeek--shadow stats--SafeHaven--321gold
  • Options
    itsnotjustmeitsnotjustme Posts: 8,777 ✭✭✭
    I matched that on 2004 Kennedy Halves. Got 3--I guess the D mint mark was pop 2/0, but I made both of them.

Of course that was a short lived position!
    Give Blood (Red Bags) & Platelets (Yellow Bags)!
  • Options
    GandyjaiGandyjai Posts: 1,380 ✭✭
    Only one......but I did it twice in one year!image

Gandyjaiimage

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file