Home U.S. Coin Forum

NGC JUST SLABBED ITS 10 MILLIONTH-- WHAT % WERE FROM COIN VAULT?

10 MILLION across the street have been slabbed. Coin Vault is their biggest single customer, submitted zillions.

What % of NGC's 10 million coins have been sent in by Coin Vault? (Not a trick question).
DSW

Comments

• DCAMFranklinDCAMFranklin Posts: 2,862 ✭✭
    Surely you're not implying another TPG didn't try to get that volumnous business.

• << <i>Coin Vault is their biggest single customer, submitted zillions. >>

Then how come they only have graded 10 million? Who cares how much they submit? I don't. A coin is a coin and if the graders graded it, then it should count. Same with PCGS.

Cameron Kiefer

• JohnZJohnZ Posts: 1,732
    I'm going to guess 20%, which I know is very low, but it reflects the fact that I'm utterly incredulous that the Coin Vault sells anything at all to anybody.

We ARE watching you.

• dbldie55dbldie55 Posts: 7,727 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would guess between 5-10% which is probably high. You think the Coin Vault has submitted 2 million coins? Wow, that is a lot of coin sales. They have only been using NGC for a few years haven't they?

Every business would love a customer like that.
    Collector and Researcher of Liberty Head Nickels. ANA LM-6053
    Well, I've heard Robert Chambers himself brag about the millions of coins they send into get graded.

Maybe he's just using it as a figure of speech.

We ARE watching you.

• MadMonkMadMonk Posts: 3,743

<< <i>10 MILLION across the street have been slabbed. ... >>

Well whoopdy freakin doo!image
    Today's mighty oak is just yesterday's nut that held its ground.
  • Too many! image This is a con game. NGC bribes ANA and PNG with big bucks, and then turns around and joins in with ripoff con artists like the Coin Vault to say that they are the "official" grading service of the ANA. I'd say 10%.

Let me say that is why I think NGC stinks. They STOLE PCGS's original idea to certify coins back in 1986 and COPIED IT VERBATIM. Then, they have the nerve to pull this stunt with the Coin Vault. image
    Author of MrKelso's official cheat thread words of wisdom on 5/30/04. image
    imageimage
    Check out a Vanguard Roth IRA.
  • MadMonkMadMonk Posts: 3,743
    Excellent point dollardude.image
    Today's mighty oak is just yesterday's nut that held its ground.
    Now now, boys. It's called Capitalism, and you know it's a good thing.

We ARE watching you.

• RegistryCoinRegistryCoin Posts: 5,117 ✭✭✭✭
    ...not to mention the reslabs from their coin conservation co.
  • TonekillerTonekiller Posts: 1,308 ✭✭
    Hmmmm, and who did the death coins after 9/11......or the gold nuggets......or the......

• << <i>They STOLE PCGS's original idea to certify coins back in 1986 and COPIED IT VERBATIM. Then, they have the nerve to pull this stunt with the Coin Vault. >>

Buy Conder101's book before you make statements like that. PCGS wasn't the brainchild of this.

Cameron Kiefer
  • RussRuss Posts: 48,514 ✭✭✭

<< <i>This is a con game. NGC bribes ANA and PNG with big bucks, and then turns around and joins in with ripoff con artists like the Coin Vault to say that they are the "official" grading service of the ANA. I'd say 10%.

Let me say that is why I think NGC stinks. They STOLE PCGS's original idea to certify coins back in 1986 and COPIED IT VERBATIM. Then, they have the nerve to pull this stunt with the Coin Vault. >>

That post is tongue-in-cheek, right? It has to be since it's so patently ridiculous - not to mention inaccurate.

PCGS offered their "bribe" to both the ANA and the PNG just like NGC. PCGS lost. NGC didn't steal any idea that PCGS hadn't already gotten from, GUESS WHO? ACG.

Oh, and you can bet your ass that PCGS would love to have the coin vault contract. It wouldn't surprise me a bit to learn that they also bid on it - and also lost.

I like my coins in PCGS slabs, but let's get real here. NGC is a great company that has been able to make some winning and successful moves because PCGS got complacent.

Russ, NCNE

• << <i>Let me say that is why I think NGC stinks. They STOLE PCGS's original idea to certify coins back in 1986 and COPIED IT VERBATIM. Then, they have the nerve to pull this stunt with the Coin Vault. >>

Alan Hager invented and patented coin slabbing. For years, PCGS paid royalties to Hager. NGC stole nothing.
  • NoGvmntNoGvmnt Posts: 1,126
    What Russ and Cameron said.

Jim
  • IrishMikeIrishMike Posts: 7,737 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Too many! image This is a con game. NGC bribes ANA and PNG with big bucks, and then turns around and joins in with ripoff con artists like the Coin Vault to say that they are the "official" grading service of the ANA. I'd say 10%.

Let me say that is why I think NGC stinks. They STOLE PCGS's original idea to certify coins back in 1986 and COPIED IT VERBATIM. Then, they have the nerve to pull this stunt with the Coin Vault. image >>

One word comes to mind after reading the above.......CLUELESS
  • FrattLawFrattLaw Posts: 3,290 ✭✭
    And I guess PCGS doesn't have any institutional contracts?

Hmmmmm......I can name at least one that isn't even on the radar screen.

Michael
  • MICHAELDIXONMICHAELDIXON Posts: 6,482 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oops! Here comes another lawsuit from a TPG company!
    Thanksgiving National Battlefield Coin Show is November 29-30, 2024 at the Eisenhower Allstar Sportsplex, Gettysburg, PA. Tables are available. WWW.AmericasCoinShows.com

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file