Home U.S. Coin Forum

Question about paypal

This $1,000 limit or whatever per month. If I'm not mistaken it goes into effect in May, is there going to be a guage or something that tells you when you've gone over it?

Comments

• LucyBopLucyBop Posts: 14,001 ✭✭✭
    yes sir, when logged onto paypal and you goto withdraw money, there will be a indicator telling what you can withdraw and it will update with each withdraw you make...
    imageBe Bop A Lula!!
    "Senorita HepKitty"
    "I want a real cool Kitty from Hepcat City, to stay in step with me" - Bill Carter
  • They will send an e-mail if you go over and you will have to get a bigger account. I already did since I bring in over $1,000 a month.

Cameron Kiefer
  • rottnrogrottnrog Posts: 683 ✭✭✭

<< <i>They will send an e-mail if you go over and you will have to get a bigger account. I already did since I bring in over $1,000 a month.

Camneron Kiefer >>

Sure Camneron image Rub it in!!!!!

• I have a Premier account, if I were to go over the $1,000 what would I have to do?
  • I mean what is the next step? Some taxable big business account?
  • So, what happens when you sell one item for $2,000 ??? They won't let you get your money? Or are you then forced to upgrade your account to the ones that allow PayPal to get a percentage of ALL your transactions?

Schmucks.image
    You're now official, Bubba 4/24/04
  • BAJJERFANBAJJERFAN Posts: 31,065 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The $1000 limit per month applies to personal accounts only. If a single transaction is larger than that yer screwed and you will need to use a check or money order OR upgrade and get screwed EVERYTIME.
    theknowitalltroll;
  • Explain what you mean by get screwed everytime.
    I know they take fees out, that's kind of expected as they are a service.
    Do they skyrocket if you make $1,000 a month or something?

• << <i>The $1000 limit per month applies to personal accounts only. If a single transaction is larger than that yer screwed and you will need to use a check or money order OR upgrade and get screwed EVERYTIME. >>

I thought so. Bummer.
    You're now official, Bubba 4/24/04
  • RussRuss Posts: 48,514 ✭✭✭

<< <i>This $1,000 limit or whatever per month. If I'm not mistaken it goes into effect in May >>

The $1000 receiving limit for personal accounts went in to effect February 12th.

<< <i>I have a Premier account, if I were to go over the $1,000 what would I have to do? >>

Nothing.

Russ, NCNE
  • The fee is about 2.2% I think. Honestly, on items over $1000, unless you are in dire need of getting your money *right now*, it's probably best to ask for payment by money order, since PayPal will take $22+ from that transaction.

And yes, if you get a single payment larger than $1000, you are out of luck and have to upgrade. I figured it up one time and PayPal has taken $1500 in fees from me over the life of my account. Kinda sucks when you think about it =(
    I heard they were making a French version of Medal of Honor. I wonder how many hotkeys it'll have for "surrender."
  • BAJJERFANBAJJERFAN Posts: 31,065 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The get screwed EVERYTIME means that YOU WILL PAY a fee on ALL money accepted into your account regardless of where it comes from; existing balance, echeck or credit cards tho I understand that echecks incur a flatrate fee of $5. Not sure what would happen with an echeck payment for $4.
    theknowitalltroll;
  • The fees are 30 cents plus 2.9% for each transaction.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file