Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Amazingly toned Bust half with pictures inside

13»

Comments

• Options
    It is funny how, on average, it seems the forum's collected opinion on toning has changed in 2 years. We seem less accepting of wild toned coin now. image
  • Options
    mozinmozin Posts: 8,755 ✭✭✭

<< <i>...bob campbell is a toning expert - on MORGAN DOLLARS (& for that matter modern commems). but i do not consider him THE expert on toning of material like what's presented in this thread.
    K S >>

Thanks for saying what I was hesitant to say. I am not one to step on toes, unless challenged. I did enjoy the ANA class on toning some years ago.
    I collect Capped Bust series by variety in PCGS AU/MS grades.
  • Options
    gorgeous coin. Definitely original, but it will take many tries to get it holdered.
  • Options
    dizzyfoxxdizzyfoxx Posts: 9,823 ✭✭✭
    Just doing some archive searching... Any word on this beauty being holdered?image
    image...There's always time for coin collecting. image
  • Options
    stmanstman Posts: 11,352 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I feel even stronger today, than I did years ago that the toning on this thing is bunk. And yes, I've seen it in person a few years ago as well.
    Of course this is only my worthless opinion.
    Please... Save The Stories, Just Answer My Questions, And Tell Me How Much!!!!!
  • Options
    LanLordLanLord Posts: 11,684 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I feel even stronger today, than I did years ago that the toning on this thing is bunk. And yes, I've seen it in person a few years ago as well. Of course this is only my worthless opinion. >>

Yeah...that's one horrible opinion image
  • Options
    roadrunnerroadrunner Posts: 28,303 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I made similar colors on my window shelf with a dipped seated quarter wrapped in yellow tissue paper. It sat for a couple of years and got yellows, magenta, and purples, It was bagged in a heart beat. Yet one could say it was all air transfer toning and the patterns were right. But it did look too good to be true.

roadrunner
    Barbarous Relic No More, LSCC -GoldSeek--shadow stats--SafeHaven--321gold

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file