Home U.S. Coin Forum

Trade and Grade in Las Vegas

Trade and Grade was originally started by NGC in Las Vegas in response to the PCGS Invitational in Newport Beach.The PCGS Invitational died as being unpopular.
Trade and Grade in Las Vegas is proving more popular for PCGS.It is also very popular and sucessful for NGC.
This coming week PCGS has their Trade and Grade on Monday and Tuesday and then NGC has their Trade and Grade on Wednesday and Thursday.

What are your views and experiences ?

Stewart Blay

Comments

• RussRuss Posts: 48,514 ✭✭✭
    Does NGC allow us regular lowlifes in theirs, or is it only the upper crust elite?

Russ, NCNE
  • coinguy1coinguy1 Posts: 13,484 ✭✭✭
    Stewart, I believe the NGC show is Thursday and Friday, not Wednesday and Thursday. If I'm wrong, I'll be a "day late", though hopefully not "a dollar short". image

Russ, currently the public is not allowed to attend the NGC shows. However, they are having one in May which, to my understanding, will be expanded to allow more dealers to attend and the public, as well.
  • wondercoinwondercoin Posts: 16,864 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have attended the majority of all PCGS Invitationals since the inception of their program. I have met some fine dealers and collectors in the process. When all of the PCGS Invitationals were in S. CA, I attended nearly all of them. I simply can not attend all of the Las Vegas events due to my schedule and time constraints. But, I do think both PCGS and NGC are heading in the right direction opening up the events to everyone and, I suspect, should also result in record submissions at these events for both companies.

Wondercoin
    Please visit my website at www.wondercoins.com and my ebay auctions under my user name www.wondercoin.com.
  • krankykranky Posts: 8,709 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Does NGC allow us regular lowlifes in theirs, or is it only the upper crust elite?

Russ, NCNE >>

If you have a big pile of coins you want to have graded on a walkthrough basis, let them know and I bet you can wangle an invite.

New collectors, please educate yourself before spending money on coins; there are people who believe that using numismatic knowledge to rip the naïve is what this hobby is all about.

• RussRuss Posts: 48,514 ✭✭✭
    Nah, Kranky, all the people who brought real coins would just make fun of mine.

Russ, NCNE
  • Do the services give out sample slabs at their shows?

Cameron Kiefer
  • StuartStuart Posts: 9,761 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Nah, Kranky, all the people who brought real coins would just make fun of mine. >>

Russ: I'd like to meet you in Las Vegas and I wouldn't make fun of your AH Kennedy's image

Stuart

Collect 18th & 19th Century US Type Coins, Silver Dollars, $20 Gold Double Eagles and World Crowns & Talers with High Eye Appeal

"Luck is what happens when Preparation meets Opportunity"
  • Sorry Cameron...NGC hasn't handed out any sample slabs...I don't know about PCGS though...
  • coinguy1coinguy1 Posts: 13,484 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Russ: I'd like to meet you in Las Vegas and I wouldn't make fun of your AH Kennedy's >>

Russ, please note - Stuart, being the gentleman that he is, did NOT say he wouldn't make fun of YOU.image
  • STEWARTBLAYNUMISSTEWARTBLAYNUMIS Posts: 2,697 ✭✭✭✭

And you call me an instigator Mr.Feldoni

Stewart
  • StuartStuart Posts: 9,761 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Russ, please note - Stuart, being the gentleman that he is, did NOT say he wouldn't make fun of YOU. >>

Mark: I would only do that if he's got accented hair - like his Kennedy's image

Stuart

Collect 18th & 19th Century US Type Coins, Silver Dollars, $20 Gold Double Eagles and World Crowns & Talers with High Eye Appeal

"Luck is what happens when Preparation meets Opportunity"
  • PlacidPlacid Posts: 11,299 ✭✭✭
    What do they trade?

• << <i>What do they trade? >>

Your hard earn money for their maxxed out plastic.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file