Home U.S. Coin Forum

Did they roll 2 cent coins?

mdwoodsmdwoods Posts: 5,544 ✭✭✭
Has anyone ever seen an original roll of 2 Centers?
National Register Of Big Trees

We'll use our hands and hearts and if we must we'll use our heads.

Comments

• BillJonesBillJones Posts: 33,874 ✭✭✭✭✭
    No I've never seen a an original Mint State roll of Two Cent pieces, but back in the 1960s a few dealers advertised Two Cent pieces by the roll of 50 for sale. I dare say that the coins in the rolls were not of the best quality. These coins do exist in quantity in low grade, which shows that they did get a lot of use.
    Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?
  • Never heard of an original roll of 2 cent coins, but we sold this "short roll" of 2 cent coins on eBay: Roll of Two Cent Coins

I would assume that the coins were shipped in bags, but I am not sure. Would love to know though..... image
    www.jaderarecoin.com - Updated 6/8/06. Many new coins added!

Our eBay auctions - TRUE auctions: start at $0.01, no reserve, 30 day unconditional return privilege & free shipping!
  • NoGvmntNoGvmnt Posts: 1,126
    Weren't they shipped in Kegs back then?

Jim

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file