Lloyd where were you?

???
Corrupting youth since 2004

Comments

• Options
    LloydLloyd Posts: 887
    what what what?
  • Options
    You where gone from the forums for awhile. Resting from the madness?
    Corrupting youth since 2004
  • Options
    coinkatcoinkat Posts: 22,795 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lloyd;

Have we seen one too many reruns of McHale's Navy?image

Captain Binghamton (Joe Flynn) was well known for the What, what , What...McHale?!?

Have you attended any coin faires lately? I keep my eyes open for quality British and it is getting harder to buy

Experience the World through Numismatics...it's more than you can imagine.

• Options
    Hey I posted a thread about a unique coin I bought only two days ago.... you lot were probably in bed when it got rushed from the front page... image

Can't have Mr Roberts showing stuff like that on THIS forum

L image
  • Options
    SYRACUSIANSYRACUSIAN Posts: 6,448 ✭✭✭✭
    Dimitri

myEbay

DPOTD 3
  • Options
    SEE!!!

Told you I was here bragging hard, trying for pecker of the milennium award!!!

Thank you Dimitri
  • Options

<< <i>Lloyd;

Have you attended any coin faires lately? I keep my eyes open for quality British and it is getting harder to buy >>

It's getting VERY difficult to buy. I looked through Spink's site the other day: 1926 ME Penny in GVF £750 !! I think everyone's trying the rabbit-in-the-headlamp trick. I was so hypnotized I almost bought it.

TIP: collect British Farthings in High Grade ..... Get a Type Set to start - From Elizabeth back. The older one's in as high a grade as you can afford.

Free Advice again ... wuss gonon?

L

ps: bet no one listens image
  • Options
    wybritwybrit Posts: 6,953 ✭✭✭
    I'm listening!

(Picked this one up this week)
    Former owner, Cambridge Gate collection.
  • Options
    Tom
    Now that's a good example of thoughtful collecting - we have an 1860 bronze coin in BU full lustre and I bet it cost next to nothing because ............

why students ...?

because it's a 'common' date.

Another question, how many do you see like that these days?

L
  • Options
    coinkatcoinkat Posts: 22,795 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi Lloyd:

I wasn't asking for advise (free or otherwise), I just thought it would be fun to talk coins. From where I sit, it seems quality British material is still doing quite well. I picked up a fairly clean 1731 1/2 crown... (later graded EF 45 by ANACS) the George II young portraits are not easy to find in a quality circulated grade. My recent purchase of a 1739 Crown was graded AU58. I rarely see these coins in this state of preservation.

A decent EF example of a young portrait George II Crown can be bought for slightly less than a common date U.S. Bust dollar in EF, even though I believe they are much tougher to find.

I do think that better date farthings in the highest possible grade will do well too.

Experience the World through Numismatics...it's more than you can imagine.

• Options
    wow...!

1739 crown in AU58 is going some these days. Good coin.

L