Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Lucille and the 36s Buffie...

LucyBopLucyBop Posts: 14,004 ✭✭✭
I really haven't bought any Indian Head Nickels since I was very young.... This one, got my attention for the luster that it has...

So I got it on the cheap...... Not sure how it will grade, but its pretty in my hand..

imageBe Bop A Lula!!
"Senorita HepKitty"
"I want a real cool Kitty from Hepcat City, to stay in step with me" - Bill Carter

Comments

• Options
    JrGMan2004JrGMan2004 Posts: 7,557
    Hey Lucy, can we go for a ride in the Monte Carlo down to your Coin shop? image
    -George
    42/92
  • Options
    GaCoinGuyGaCoinGuy Posts: 2,755 ✭✭✭✭
    I like it! Something about that rough surface in the fields makes the Buff a beautiful coin, IMHO.
    imageimage

• Options
    mgoodm3mgoodm3 Posts: 17,497 ✭✭✭
    You're branching out on us. Used to be just Frankies, then Mercurys, Now Walkers and Buffalos. Nice buffalo.
    coinimaging.com/my photography articles Check out the new macro lens testing section
  • Options
    Nice looking nic. The horn is great.
    Pecunia in arbotis non crescit.
  • Options
    LucyBopLucyBop Posts: 14,004 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Hey Lucy, can we go for a ride in the Monte Carlo down to your Coin shop? >>

Hop in Baby!

imageBe Bop A Lula!!
    "Senorita HepKitty"
    "I want a real cool Kitty from Hepcat City, to stay in step with me" - Bill Carter
  • Options
    jomjom Posts: 3,425 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The coin is probably a GEM. It's got about the same luster as one I just bought and yours has a better obverse strike. Mine is graded 64, old old old PCGS holder. Yours might even 66 depending on how good the luster is. The strike won't keep it from 66.

jom
  • Options
    MacCoinMacCoin Posts: 2,545 ✭✭

I hate it when you see my post before I can edit the spelling.

Always looking for nice type coins

my local dealer
  • Options
    caitlincaitlin Posts: 858 ✭✭✭
    Nice looking Buff and don't listen to Jom, obverse ms 65, reverse ms64.image
    A collector of high grade TONED BUFFALO NICKELS ,working on a PCGS REGISTRY SET.
  • Options
    HootHoot Posts: 867
    Nice nick Lucy! Seems like you captured some great lustre with your photo. The strike on the obverse is of an MS66 buff, but the couple of apparent hits and the die state will take it to a 65. The reverse is on the weak side for the issue and I'd say about a 64. PCGS will likely give it a 65 grade. Just MHO.

Hoot
    From this hour I ordain myself loos'd of limits and imaginary lines. - Whitman
  • Options
  • Options
    jomjom Posts: 3,425 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Nice looking Buff and don't listen to Jom, obverse ms 65, reverse ms64. >>

Bah! The reverse is a 65. image

jom
  • Options
    GeminiGemini Posts: 3,085
    Would make nice hubcaps for your VW...image
    A thing of beauty is a joy for ever

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file