Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

EAC Convention in San Diego

Anybody know anything about the early American Coppers convention in San Diego. Coin World says it's 16-18 April.
I'm not an EAC guy but thought I might go to the show...anybody who has been before...what's the bourse like ???

Comments

• Options

<< <i>what's the bourse like ??? >>

Tables with dealers behind them and cases full of copper coinsimage (sorry I can't be of more help)

Cameron Kiefer
  • Options
    Well I guess I teed up the ball for that oneimage
  • Options
    LakesammmanLakesammman Posts: 17,331 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll PM Moose - see if he can respond. If your into early copper, it's a can't miss event. But beware - they speak a foreign tongue!image
    "My friends who see my collection sometimes ask what something costs. I tell them and they are in awe at my stupidity." (Baccaruda, 12/03).I find it hard to believe that he (Trump) rushed to some hotel to meet girls of loose morals, although ours are undoubtedly the best in the world. (Putin 1/17) Gone but not forgotten. IGWT, Speedy, Bear, BigE, HokieFore, John Burns, Russ, TahoeDale, Dahlonega, Astrorat, Stewart Blay, Oldhoopster, Broadstruck, Ricko.
  • Options
    I'm not into early copper...but we are so starved for a coin show in San Diego...wondering if the bourse is anything more than just early copper.
  • Options
    au58au58 Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭
    If it bears any resemblance to past EAC conventions, most of the diehards will be there.
    More early coppers than you ever knew existed. Plus a few CWTs. VERY, VERY little else.
    The sound levels will be much lower than any other show you've been to. Quieter than many libraries.
    There will be small groups of 2-4 guys, some of whom are very weird looking, meeting in various corners of the lobby and elsewhere talking about things so esoteric you might not even know they're talking about coins.
    All in all, a great time with lots to learn and many who like to teach.
  • Options
    Don't know about the rest of you but, this sounds damn exciting to me!!!image
    Constellatio Collector sevenoften@hotmail.com
    ---------------------------------
    "No Good Deed Goes Unpunished!"
    "If it don't make $"
    "It don't make cents""
  • Options
    BigMooseBigMoose Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭
    The EAC Convention this year is Friday, April 16 to Sunday, April 18 at the San Diego Mission Valley Marriot. You will see more nice early copper at an EAC Convention than anywhere else in the world. I am also surprised at the variety of other material at these conventions, thing like Conder Tokens, Civil War Tokens, even Indian Cents, Mint State and Proof type, Medals, So-called Dollars etc. Its worth a trip to the Show just to see the exhibits, one of which will be a provenance exhibit of all the collectible varieties of 1794 large Cents, each with the oldest or most interesting provenance. There will be many incredibly high grade coins in this exhibit. Plus, the Educational program goes from 10AM to 3PM Friday and Saturday. I've been to every one of these EAC Conventions since my first in 1993 and I consider them to be one of my favorite shows of the year, along with F.U.N. and the Summer ANA Shows. It is often the only chance I get to meet up with dear friends who also enjoy putting away some early copper.
    Also, the Wes Rasmussen Collection of early and middle date Large Cents, scheduled to be sold by Heritage at FUN 2005, will be there in its entirety and raw for anyone to preview before the coins get slabbed.
    You are also likely to meet up with a few strange, quirky, and entertaining characters. And if you are not careful, you may end up learning a lot about early copper, especially what to look for and what to avoid! What I have been able to learn at EAC Conventions has saved me countless times from making bad buys. TomT.
    TomT-1794

Check out some of my 1794 Large Cents on www.coingallery.org
  • Options
    Thanks for the info..I just may do a walk thru on Saturday

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file