Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

2002 PR70DCAM Lincoln Pop 7 $430??

I'm not an expert in this series, but isn't a Pop 7 PR70DCAM go for alot more than $430? One closed on Ebay Today. Or am I incorrect?
PCGS sets under The Thomas Collections. Modern Commemoratives @ NGC under "One Coin at a Time". USMC Active 1966 thru 1970" The real War.

Comments

• Options
    FatManFatMan Posts: 8,977
    PCGS has released the dam on PR70's. Heck, I got one from my last submission. Expect the prices to collapse and move closer to what the NGC 70's are bringing.
  • Options
    SteveSteve Posts: 3,313 ✭✭✭
    JMHO, but I would suggest that anyone who wants to make money on PCGS MS70RD/PR70DCAM modern cents, nickels, dimes, quarters, halves and dollars AND currently has them, sell them real quick.

Me, I have my one and only PCGS 1992 PR70DCAM Lincoln cent that I got on EBAY three years ago for $86. I bought it so I would have a so called "perfect" coin in my collection. I've seen the price soar and I expect to see the price drop. I will continue to hold this coin in my collection. Steveimage
  • Options
    RussRuss Posts: 48,515 ✭✭✭
    That price sounds about right for a late date 70DCAM Lincoln at that pop. Now, if it were a Kennedy, it would realize substantially more. For some reason the minor coins haven't been bringing the uber stupid money.

Russ, NCNE
  • Options
    merz2merz2 Posts: 2,474
    The pops on PR70 DCAM's are rising as more are submitted.The prices realized will continue to come down.If you are looking to make money,now is the time to sell IMHO
    Don
    Registry 1909-1958 Proof Lincolns
  • Options
    cladkingcladking Posts: 28,453 ✭✭✭✭✭
    There must be twenty collectors who say sell for everyone who says buy. More importantly perhaps is that
    there are many thousands of collectors who say "sell MS-69's" for each MS-69 in existence. There is no such
    thing as a regular issue MS-70 graded by a reputable grading service yet.

If you collect what you enjoy you'll have as much fun as anyone in the hobby and you'll probably do better than
    most from a financial perspective.
    Tempus fugit.
  • Options
    SteveSteve Posts: 3,313 ✭✭✭

<< <i> If you collect what you enjoy you'll have as much fun as anyone in the hobby and you'll probably do better than
    most from a financial perspective. >>

Sam,
    I couldn't have said it better.
    Steveimage
  • Options
    LAWMANLAWMAN Posts: 1,278
    NGC cranks out a whole lot of 70's. They flood Coin Vault with them. I hope PCGS doesn't loosen it up THAT much.

Also, if they really are loosening it up, some folks who paid dearly for theirs are going to lose $$$$

I have a collection of NGC MS 70 Commems that I have bought on E-Bay -- none for more than $150!
    DSW

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file