Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

A or B? #1, Take 2 (A reimaged)

And why?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------A--------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------B--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Former owner, Cambridge Gate collection.

Comments

• Options
    I still prefer A. B just looks too shiny to me.
    currently owned by 5 Labradors

Blaze - Yellow male b 3/17/93
    Onyx - Black male b 3/7/99
    Duchess - Yellow female mix b 3/12/02 rescued 9/18/02
    Rifle - Yellow male mix b 12/1/02 rescued 8/8/03
    Diamond - Black female b 5/3/05 adopted 8/3/05

First Cam-slam - 9/21/04

My eBay
  • Options
    I still like the wire rim on A. image Tone looks better now.
    Terry

eBay Store

DPOTD Jan 2005, Meet the Darksiders
  • Options
    PBRatPBRat Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭
    Changed my vote to A. The image of A in the previous poll looked like there was a pretty good hit in front of the ear. Looks like it is gone now, and A's strike looks much better.

Just goes to show how different images of the same coin can look.
  • Options
    Gotta admit - much better pic. Still going with my same choice - same reasons.
    knowledge ........ share it
  • Options
    ColinCMRColinCMR Posts: 1,482 ✭✭✭
    They are both really nice, I have more of a thing for toned coins though, so my vote is A.
  • Options
    1jester1jester Posts: 8,638 ✭✭✭
    The new picture really brings out the beauty of A, so I reiterate my vote for A.

imageimageimage
    .....GOD

"Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you." -Luke 11:9

"Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God is one LORD: And thou shalt love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might." -Deut. 6:4-5

"For the LORD is our judge, the LORD is our lawgiver, the LORD is our king; He will save us." -Isaiah 33:22
  • Options
    SYRACUSIANSYRACUSIAN Posts: 6,448 ✭✭✭✭
    Too close to call now. If the fields are hairline free, I'll go with A too. Nice toning.
    Dimitri

myEbay

DPOTD 3
  • Options
    A
    Bill

09/07/2006
  • Options
    wybritwybrit Posts: 6,953 ✭✭✭
    Thanks folks. It's amazing what difference lighting makes. I blasted the coin with light the second time. I also did it to "B," with similar results in bringing out the relief of the portrait, but it makes the white coin look toned. I need to make a decision on which to keep soon!!
    Former owner, Cambridge Gate collection.
  • Options
    B because the toning really stands out.
  • Options
    Here's your coin B with a color adjustment....I tinkered to try getting it to same background color as A.
    Pictures do deceive.

Anyway, I like A better. B has a divot to the right of his nose near his smile crease, and his moustache seems more weakly struck. But then again, it could all just be different lighting etc. For apples to apples comparison, each coin should be shot with exact same lighting and exposure settings.
    Coin B:

Coin A:
    "A happy person is not a person in a certain set of circumstances, but rather a person with a certain set of attitudes"--Hugh Downs