Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

Continued delays in logging invoices?

Wondering if this is still widespread? 50 common card vintage (60's) sent priority mail arrived 3/12 still not coming in as logged in, but post office is acknowledging receipt. Are they really taking all grading days from the logged in day or are invoices generally popping up as complete before their guaranteed deadline?
"...life is but a dream."

Used to working on HOF SS Baseballs--Now just '67 Sox Stickers and anything Boston related.

Comments

• Options
    BkritzBkritz Posts: 1,093 ✭✭
    I have an invoice that arrived at psa via certified mail on the 4th of March that has not been logged in yet! Also, an invoice from the 18th. ARRRRRRGGHHH! I hope they get caught up soon.
  • Options
    I have one that arrived on MArch 4th myself not yet logged in. When I spoke to customer service about it they said that when it does get logged in it wil be as of March 4th, I'll wait and see , if that's the case then I do not really care. If that dosen't happen and it gets the date of when it gets logged.....well then I will deal with it then.
    If it's worth doing..It's worth overdoing!!
  • Options
    StumpStump Posts: 927
    Arrived Feb 28th logged in March 13th

They are three weeks behind now I talked with customer service yesterday

Dave
    Visit my site @ www.djjscards.com
  • Options
    I have one logged in on 2/28 with no grades yet. I also have another one rec'd on March 3 and was logged in on 3/22 and not the original date rec'd of 3/3. I sent an email to see why and they claimed that I didn't put anything on the box about the special when I know I did (listed it below the address). But he did state that I should check back in about 2 weeks.

Jeff
    Always looking for high-grade Terry Bradshaw and Steelers cards.
  • Options
    FBFB Posts: 1,684 ✭✭
    Arrived March 1st

Logged in March 16th

Not expecting grades quickly - I've got some weird stuff in there - a 72 Topps cloth sticker (hopefully, its the 2nd one ever graded) and some Purto Rican League cards including a Frank Robinson.

Frank Bakka
    Sets - 1970, 1971 and 1972
    Always looking for 1972 O-PEE-CHEE Baseball in PSA 9 or 10!

lynnfrank@earthlink.net
    outerbankyank on eBay!
  • Options
    CreeperKatCreeperKat Posts: 393 ✭✭
    I have two outstanding:

1st - dropped off at PSA on 2/7
    logged 2/16

2nd - mailed; arrived at PSA on 3/1
    logged 3/16

I'm not expecting a quick turnaround since most of the cards will be 1st graded modern commons. Looks like Frank and I are in a race since they were logged on the same day.
    Looking for Los Angeles/California/Anaheim Angels in PSA 8 or better
  • Options
    yawie99yawie99 Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭
    My Jan-Feb $5 special arrived on the 4th and was just logged in Tuesday (the 23th).
    imageimageimageimageimageimage
  • Options
    I must of got way lucky. I shipped them 3/22, they arrived 3/24, they were logged 3/24.. Seems very odd the way it sounds.

Chad
    LOOKING FOR DORSETT PSA 9's and PSA 10's
  • Options
    I dropped cards off in Chicago this past weekend and they were logged in yesterday and today.
    Looking for well centered 1958 topps baseball psa 8 and up. Also dying for a 70 Aaron All Star in PSA 9.
  • Options
    I got in on the last set registy special on the last day. Received at PSA on 3/1. I did not have set registry special on the box and had to call three times before they were logged in 3/17. I never knew that type of service was needed on the outside of the package. Silly me. Still waiting for grades and probably will be for a while.image

Looking for 81-84 Topps Stickers in PSA 9 or better, 81 Topps Scratch offs, 83 Topps Fold outs in PSA 8 or better, 83 Fleer Stamps and 81/86 Fleer Star Stickers in PSA 9 or better.
    >

• Options
    I sent in a 5-day/$10 special on 3/8. It got logged later that week and returned early the week after.

I sent in 10 tickets the same day (3/8).
    Tracking said it arrived at the same time as the 5-day submission (3/9 - I live in San Diego so they get there the next day).

They just got posted today (3/27).... now I'm wondering when the 30 days starts... no worries though. I'm just glad they got posted finally. Can't wait to see the grades!
  • Options
    ejguruejguru Posts: 617 ✭✭✭
    Invoice that USPS says arrived on 3/12, was logged in on 3/30. Any recent invoices miss their deadline? I am defintely unhappy that I spent the extra money to send it priority, only to see not honor the date of arrival.image

Used to working on HOF SS Baseballs--Now just '67 Sox Stickers and anything Boston related.
  • Options
    I have the same situation. This is unselling because I want to know that my cards have been received, and are in PSA's posession, as opposed to the back of a mail truck somewhere.
    johng
  • Options
    Johng, If you call customer service and give them the registered mail # they will let you know that they have it.
    If it's worth doing..It's worth overdoing!!
  • Options
    schr1stschr1st Posts: 1,677 ✭✭
    I'm sorry, but even with the increased volume PSA, this whole "taking weeks to log in orders" issue is a load of horse-droppings. If you can't log in cards within 48 hours of receiving the package, you don't have the proper staffing levels needed for your business, simple as that. Let's lay it on the line folks, there is no good reason for this to occur other than to "ice" the turnaround time guarantees. I know you can't get free gradings on the specials, but it allows PSA to report that "98% of all submissions were graded within standard." Sure they are, but when the cards have been at your facility for 7 weeks rather than 4, and the clock doesn't start until week 4, it's not like it's a major accomplishment!

For 2 years, I worked in an operations department for a financial company. Our job was to ensure that 401K contributions were processed so that the employers could fund the contributions. Granted there are a lot of federal regulations when it comes to 401K contributions, but my company's main selling point was that they would process all "standard" rosters (401K records) within 1 business day (less than 24 hours) of receipt (IE: you email your file to us at 9 AM on Monday, your roster would be done and you would have a confirmation on Tuesday by 9 AM. If your file is received at 9:00 PM Monday, you had your confirmation by 5:00 PM Tuesday). The key word to their sales pitch was "standard", since there were about 100 things that could be wrong for a roster to not be considered "standard". We would constantly be reporting 98-100% next day processing, yet rosters could take weeks to be uploaded due to these "standards". You want to know what happened? Our customers complained that we weren't meeting our obligations. Enough customers pulled their accounts, and my former employer went out of business a couple of years ago. Moral of the story: "If you aren't meeting your customers expectations, you won't be in business for long, even if you are reporting 100% efficiency."
    Who is Rober Maris?
  • Options
    Schr1st: Very well said. I will add however, that my invoice is not past due. As long as they either A) Meet their guarantee with the date my packaged arrived or B) provide free gradings provided if they don't meet that deadline REGARDLESS of the day they logged them into the system, they will get my continued support. So far I don't know if anyone hasn't made their invoice guarantee or been awarded complimentary grades, so it's too soon for me to be anything but concerned.

• Options
    I sent a submission in on March 12 and the check cleared my bank on March 24. Funny how they can open the package, cash the check and not be able to log it in. I suspect that they are going to delay the log date to buy time on grading. Sucks.

However, I do want to commend PSA on their timeliness for getting out my membership renewal notices. image
    Always looking for PSA 9 or 10 Pete Maravich cards!

#1 Pete Maravich Master Set AGAIN!

The Ultimate Pete Maravich Card Collection
  • Options
    The specials that they have and other grading fees that "guarantee" a turnaround time, usually get fulfilled.

I thought I read somewhere that the 30-day submissions and similar ones are only "guidelines" and are not guaranteed.

Either way, I usually haven't had a problem with turnaround times. I do agree that it's unsettling to not see your submission show up (which is why I prefer sending my submissions insured and with delivery or signature confirmation.)

I agree that the date they post as being 'received' - especially when it's 2 weeks later - isn't the best practice to use.
  • Options
    50 cards saturday 3/27 sent from NYC, logged tues. 3/30. no complaints here.
  • Options
    Sent in about 29 cards on the $10.00 special on Saturday.

Just got an email from PSA stating that they were received and in process.

They must have caught up.

1st Finest Set - 1981 Baseball Fleer Basic - Retired
    1st Finest Set - 1981 Baseball Fleer Master - Retired
    1st Finest Set - 1955 Baseball Golden Stamps - Cleveland Indians - Retired
    1st Finest Set - Mel Harder Baseball Master - Active
    Mel Harder Showcase Set - Active
    #15 on Current Set Registry - 1972 Topps Baseball - Retired
    #23 on All Time Set Registry - 1972 Topps Baseball - Retired
  • Options
    To all the people who are not satisfied with the logging time... are yall putting the service level on the outside of the box where it can be easily noticed?

Justin
    Currently collecting the Nolan Ryan Basic and Topps Player sets.

NAXCOM
  • Options
    Justin: Yes. Sent registered and insured, so that's how I know they arrived there on 3/12.

• Options
    gaspipe26gaspipe26 Posts: 1,614 ✭✭✭
    3/4 logged in 3/30
  • Options
    I sent in two submissions under the 30 day set special last month. The first one(priority shipped) on 2/24 it was received by PSA on 3/16-grades posted and shipped on 3/24: nice results # 553343 zip: 01844.
    The second submission was shipped on 2/28 posted on 3/16 -thats as far as it goes! I am curios because todays is April 1st-Which date will they use? because when I confirmed received date w/ post office date, it was received on 3/2.???
    Drock
  • Options
    packCollectorpackCollector Posts: 2,786 ✭✭✭
    drock , no one knows , I would recommend waiting until the 35 business days is missed based on receipt before even worrying about it. there are still lots of invoices open that were logged in february and then there a lot of invoices logged in mid march and later that are going out with 1 week turnaround. I don't think anyone will ever understand the order in which they grade. i emailed Joe and he said things can get stuck in the "specs" department if it is an obscure issue. That is part of it but something else goes into the equation as even orders without oddball issues seem to get hung up.

In your case, even if you use march 2nd receipt day, they areonly on day 21 today.
  • Options
    man, how do you get a Feb. set registry special recieved after mine and graded before? I guess I don't understand why they don't grade in order.

BTW packcollector, the 35 days has come and gone and no grades posted yet. image

Also, if anyone is interested, the submission # is 4142625 zip is 49017
  • Options
    dbj , the 35 days would be today. If you do not have anything as of 5 pm west coast time , i would email joe and ask what the delay is . considering this would be the 1st I have heard of missing a turnaround time, he should be willing to work with you even though the turnaround time is not "guaranteed". this is also the 1st I have seen going the full 35 days
  • Options
    well dbj , good and bad news. good news , your grades are up , bad news , no chance to try to get some vouchers after waiting this longimage
  • Options
    ya pack.........just in the nick of time image Oh well, everything but the Webber cards are going to Ebay now. I wonder why the 1997 Fleer Ultra Webber didn't meet the minimum size requirements??
  • Options
    I just sent in a batch of 400 cards via Fed EX on Weds 3-31 and received the logging email on
    Thursday 4-01 so I would say that their service has improved.

The submissions were for a mix of modern bulk, vintage commons, and economy.

All were sent in one large box that was clearly marked with the submission types on the exterior.
    Buyer and Seller of PSA graded Baseball Cards from 1900-1980.

Check out my ebay auctions listed under seller ID: jeej