Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

Two years today

...that I've been hanging out here at CU. Can't say much for the other forums but this one has helped my sanity and I have gained some good friends. Thanks for being here!! image

Comments

• Options
    oldshepoldshep Posts: 3,240
    I haven't been here that long Scott but you are one of the reasons I hang around here - I had never even heard of Goetz before and now I am a fan. Thanks
    Shep
  • Options
    SYRACUSIANSYRACUSIAN Posts: 6,448 ✭✭✭✭
    Has helped your sanity? Can't even begin to imagine how you were before ! image
    Dimitri

myEbay

DPOTD 3
  • Options
    It's been a bad day.

Now we all have to envy the top stuff you collect imageimage
    4 765 of 50 971 (9.35%) complete image

First DAMMIT BOY! 25/9/05 (Finally!)

" XpipedreamR is cool because you can get a bottle of 500 for like a dollar. " - Aspirin

• Options
    1jester1jester Posts: 8,638 ✭✭✭
    Glad to have you around, you oldtimer you! Keep up the good work, especially in the unpleasant but necessary area of troll-hunting!

imageimageimage
    .....GOD

"Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you." -Luke 11:9

"Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God is one LORD: And thou shalt love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might." -Deut. 6:4-5

"For the LORD is our judge, the LORD is our lawgiver, the LORD is our king; He will save us." -Isaiah 33:22
  • Options
    laurentyvanlaurentyvan Posts: 4,243 ✭✭✭
    Forums like this are a marvel of the electronic age. I'm sometimes at a loss for a comparable analogy from history-have there ever been communities of disembodied personalities like this before?

Certainly there have been famous correspondences recorded throughout history, but generally between only a few individuals. A close group of people with a common bond from all over the world sharing their interest at any time, day or night is almost without an analog from the past. It's the sharing that is indeed healthy for the intellect, the soul, and ultimately for the body.

Scott, I know where you're coming from and we anticipate great things from you, Goetz-wise: a marvelous accomplishment which we can
    observe in the making.image

One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics
    is that you end up being governed by inferiors. – Plato
  • Options
    You know it's all your fault don't you? All these darn Goetz PAtterns I keep buyingimage

Bill

09/07/2006
  • Options
    What Oldshep said!

By the way, that box you recently received, images please.

Dan
    The glass is half full!
  • Options
    FairlanemanFairlaneman Posts: 10,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The metamorphase (SP?) has been amazing. I remember when you first hit the light side and now you do not touch the stuff.

BTW....only 2 years ? It seems much longer.

Ken
  • Options
  • Options
    By the way cacheman, why do you title your Goetz page "The Artwork of Karl Goetz" as opposed to
    The Medallic Art of Karl Goetz?
  • Options
    Some are not medals. There are also pattern coins and plaques too. I would say art work is more appropriate IMHOimage
    Bill

09/07/2006
  • Options
    ClankeyeClankeye Posts: 3,928
    Congratulations, Cacheman.

The pic of your awesome Gothic was one of the first things that pulled me over here. That and a picture of a Philippines Peso that Shiro posted on the liteside.

Your photography is suberb, and your participation is appreciated.

Clankeye
    Brevity is the soul of wit. --William Shakespeare
  • Options
    cachemancacheman Posts: 3,113 ✭✭✭
    Cosmic is right...Goetz did medalettes, medals, medallions, plaquettes, plaques, patterns, etc., and prior to this he was designing cane handles, cigarette case, ashtrays, bowls, decorative plates, toilet articles, jewlry, and other art nouveau designed items. He was quite an accomplished 3-D sculptor too. My collection will someday hopefully include some of these other pieces he created, and hence, the current name.
  • Options

<< <i>Cosmic is right...Goetz did medalettes, medals, medallions, plaquettes, plaques, patterns, etc., and prior to this he was designing cane handles, cigarette case, ashtrays, bowls, decorative plates, toilet articles, jewlry, and other art nouveau designed items. He was quite an accomplished 3-D sculptor too. My collection will someday hopefully include some of these other pieces he created, and hence, the current name. >>

A Goetz ashtray would be cool imageimage
    4 765 of 50 971 (9.35%) complete image

First DAMMIT BOY! 25/9/05 (Finally!)

" XpipedreamR is cool because you can get a bottle of 500 for like a dollar. " - Aspirin