Home U.S. Coin Forum

Too good to be true?

1895 Morgan proof in PR63 with a $5k opening bid. This coin looks familiar. Anyone recorgnize this from another Ebay auction recently?

I guess a link would help

this might help

Comments

• RussRuss Posts: 48,514 ✭✭✭
    Gee, I don't know. Sells a few cheap, non coin items than suddenly has this one. I sent an eMail asking for better images. Let's see what happens.

Russ, NCNE
  • coinlieutenantcoinlieutenant Posts: 9,308 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Would be worth flying to OK to see it in person/doing the deal in person.
  • jbstevenjbsteven Posts: 6,178
    i thought I saw a pr63 on Ebay recently that looked like this one.
  • topstuftopstuf Posts: 14,803 ✭✭✭✭✭
    HEY! At least it doesn't say "Reserve not yet met"

I think I'll wire the 40k and then bid so he can ship immediately with any overage.

After all, it's from ....GRANDPA.....and I am sure he would not want to sully gramps.
  • relayerrelayer Posts: 10,570

I wonder if gramps slabbed it himself or bought it that wayimage
    My posts viewed image times
    since 8/1/6
  • topstuftopstuf Posts: 14,803 ✭✭✭✭✭
    David Hall's his GRANDPA?

shoot.
  • melikecoinsmelikecoins Posts: 1,154 ✭✭
    He talks the talk pretty good for being unware, except for what granpa said to him.

Glen
    I don't buy slabs I make them
  • BillJonesBillJones Posts: 33,873 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why isn't he showing the reverse? I can understand the low opening bid to get the ball rolling, and if the deal is legit, chances are the coin will sell at the right level.

Still, why to photos of the same side? Could there be something going on here?
    Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?
  • Conder101Conder101 Posts: 10,536
    I think he has an ink cartridge I can use. image
    JoeCool
  • AethelredAethelred Posts: 9,288 ✭✭✭
    If you have money you don't want and really aren't looking to get anything in return for, I'd say bidding on the auction would solve your problem.
    If you are in the Western North Carolina area, please consider visiting our coin shop:

WNC Coins, LLC
    1987-C Hendersonville Road
    Asheville, NC 28803

wnccoins.com

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file