Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Whatever happened to Zerbe & Benchmark Ventures switcheroo?

A while back there was an incident between Zerbe and BMV.

Anyone know the outcome?

How about the Copper Coins dealer and the misattributed pattern.

Inquiruing minds want to know!
Collector of early copper, pre 1900 currency, PCGS MS64+ Saints.

Comments

• Options
    Coinvet, I have known Zerbe all his life. He is out of town on business. Pm me and I will tell you the whole story. Zerbe will not let me post the story publicly, because he had been warned by Anaconda, Laura and many others that the guilty sleezballs, even though they are in the wrong, will ironically, SUE in a heartbeat.

Anther incident at last years ANA caused him just as much anguish, because he now knows that both incidents are connected by way of a long friendship. This friendship has come to light very vividly lately, in news articles.

The coin company in question and a friend in a key position in a grading company have caused Zerbe to go from spending a million dollars a year to almost zero per year.

Hows that for promoting the hobby ? Turning a person who spent hours almost every day, building mostly finest known sets in the PCGS Registry to not caring beans about the registry and actually selling off the sets !!!

I am not kidding about a milion per year. Now when upgrades for his Peace dollars, Morgan Proofs, Shield Nickel Proofs or any of his Gold sets are offered, he always declines, which makes him a bit unhappy, because the enthusiasum is not there anymore.

I could not believe it when he told me he sold his favorite set, which was the #1 Proof Barber Half set. That was in the making for almost ten years and he had a set grade of 68.19.

The good thing is we are actively spending most of our time buying and developing real estate again, in Massachusetts and New Hampshire.

Maybe someday, when the phony hype and unethical dealers are made to account for their actions, Zerbe will spend time again putting together some great sets of coins.

One last thing. Being in the right, but then threatened with a lawsuit, by the wrongdoer,
    is a defense used by the lowest of the low. It is a Benchmark of cowardice.

Mike
  • Options
    ClankeyeClankeye Posts: 3,928
    I miss Zerbe participating on this forum very, very much.

He is a class act. One of numismatics best and brightest.

Clankeye
    Brevity is the soul of wit. --William Shakespeare
  • Options
    relayerrelayer Posts: 10,570
    Sorry to hear Paul got burned so bad that it took away his joy of collecting.

But on a happier note, if he pulls his sets from the Registry, then I move up one spot. image

Edited to conform to the English language
    My posts viewed image times
    since 8/1/6
  • Options
    jbstevenjbsteven Posts: 6,178

<< <i>It is a Benchmark of cowardice >>

Point taken.
  • Options
    dorkkarldorkkarl Posts: 12,692 ✭✭✭
    far as i'm concerned , benchmark ventures is lower than the oozing, sluggish slime that collects at the bottom of a pig sty. i detest every member of that "company", & consider them the vilest, most corrupt gang of sleaze-sucking, vomiting spitwads ever to call themselves dealers.

"coin-dealers" my !@#, they are pollution in this hobby. "trench-coat" ventures is more like it.

i see they recently got on the front page of c-w. funny how turds sometimes float to the top of the cesspool, isn't it?

K S
  • Options
    RussRuss Posts: 48,515 ✭✭✭
    Can you guys please be more specific in your opinions? I'm having a hard time getting a handle on how you really feel.

Russ, NCNE
  • Options
    jbstevenjbsteven Posts: 6,178

good one Russ
  • Options
    marcmoishmarcmoish Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭✭✭
    sorry to TTT this thread but was looking over a recent Coin World ad and just had to puketh over as mostly all coins are NGC plastic with pcgs prices. In my area of expertise I was looking into the 18-d and 19-D Merc's in 65FB - needless to say after a quick look at previous threads - (short term emory loss image) I have all my answers. let this thread die. Thanks Zerbe image

Marc

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file