Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

It's official. I've joined the darkside.

My interests include everything from ancient to modern but I saw the debate on the lightside forum and I knew I had to make a decision. Besides, the guy who PM'd me and said "if you will not be turned you will be destryoyed", was very convincing. So, I have officially come off the fence and will consider myself a darksider. So, do we get to beat people up or anything like that?

Comments

• Options
    AethelredAethelred Posts: 9,288 ✭✭✭
    We sometimes get into our Longboats and sail to the Lightside where we burn a few threads, rape an SBA Dollar or two and steal what gold we can find. Just good clean fun!image
    If you are in the Western North Carolina area, please consider visiting our coin shop:

WNC Coins, LLC
    1987-C Hendersonville Road
    Asheville, NC 28803

wnccoins.com
  • Options
    speak for youself Michael, the SBA's are all yours!! image

Welcome Donovan!!
    Terry

eBay Store

DPOTD Jan 2005, Meet the Darksiders
  • Options
    DonovanDonovan Posts: 386

<< <i>We sometimes get into our Longboats and sail to the Lightside where we burn a few threads, rape an SBA Dollar or two and steal what gold we can find. Just good clean fun!image >>

I'm ok with everything but the SBA deal. My interests NEVER included that. At least you could have said the Dolly Madison Commem.
  • Options
    I have been drinking tonight!image
    If you are in the Western North Carolina area, please consider visiting our coin shop:

WNC Coins, LLC
    Asheville, NC 28803

wnccoins.com
  • Options
    DonovanDonovan Posts: 386

<< <i>I have been drinking tonight!image >>

I knew something must be wrong. Even the bride of Frankenstein is better looking than SBA.

Edit to add: At least you didn't go completly bonkers and say the Eunice Shriver commem. image
  • Options
    So, just where is SBA on the Budweiser scale?? image
    Terry

eBay Store

DPOTD Jan 2005, Meet the Darksiders
  • Options

<< <i>

Edit to add: At least you didn't go completly bonkers and say the Eunice Shriver commem. image >>

You couldn't drink that thing pretty!!!!image

WNC Coins, LLC
    Asheville, NC 28803

wnccoins.com
  • Options
    shirohniichanshirohniichan Posts: 4,992 ✭✭✭

<< <i>So, just where is SBA on the Budweiser scale?? image >>

That's about a 2-caser.
    Obscurum per obscurius
  • Options
    ColinCMRColinCMR Posts: 1,482 ✭✭✭
    Welcome!
  • Options
    JohnZJohnZ Posts: 1,732
    So, do we get to beat people up or anything like that?

Yes, but in a very subtle way. It's sort of like telling people with Downs Syndrome that they're retarded.

We ARE watching you.

• Options
    1jester1jester Posts: 8,638 ✭✭✭
    Welcome, Trooper! It'll be fun raping and pillaging....image

imageimageimage

PS: And if you ever have any second thoughts as to your allegiance, you can comfort yourself in the knowledge that the whole Liteside is merely a scant portion of the greater Darkside universe....image
    .....GOD

"Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you." -Luke 11:9

"Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God is one LORD: And thou shalt love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might." -Deut. 6:4-5

"For the LORD is our judge, the LORD is our lawgiver, the LORD is our king; He will save us." -Isaiah 33:22
  • Options
    theboz11theboz11 Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭
    Welcome to the darkside, be aware you will now be ridiculed and spat upon by lightsiders. Put on your thick skin and have fun.image
  • Options
    sumnomsumnom Posts: 5,963 ✭✭✭
    Welcome to where people actually talk about coins.
  • Options
    trozautrozau Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭
    A warm welcome from a fellow darksider!

trozau (troy ounce gold)
  • Options
    Heck, I didn't even know there WAS a lightside!

Welcome from a new apprentice of Darkside wizardry.

KEEWEE
    Coins? Did someone say "Coins?"
    myurl

• Options
    1jester1jester Posts: 8,638 ✭✭✭
    Keewee, that's the spirit!!!

imageimageimage
    .....GOD

"Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you." -Luke 11:9

"Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God is one LORD: And thou shalt love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might." -Deut. 6:4-5

"For the LORD is our judge, the LORD is our lawgiver, the LORD is our king; He will save us." -Isaiah 33:22
  • Options
    laurentyvanlaurentyvan Posts: 4,243 ✭✭✭
    Donavan, Keewee just fired a mild broadside in the direction of the Lightside-our attacks are indeed subtle. image

You'll enjoy it here-the rancor of the Lightside is where many forum members began... do you have a couple of countries that are your favorites?
    One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics
    is that you end up being governed by inferiors. – Plato
  • Options
    WhiteTornadoWhiteTornado Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭
    Welcome to the Darkside, where it's actually considered "okay" to collect circulated coins. image
  • Options

<< <i>Donavan, Keewee just fired a mild broadside in the direction of the Lightside-our attacks are indeed subtle. image

You'll enjoy it here-the rancor of the Lightside is where many forum members began... do you have a couple of countries that are your favorites? >>

English hammered and Imperial Roman. I'm mostly interested in research though and buy very few coins. I'm thinking about starting a research project, for my own amusement, on medieval english mints. I believe there are about 100.
  • Options
    I usually dont get too much into the mints aspect of medieval coins, but i was pretty intrigued recently when I discovered that I had an Edward I penny from the Bury St. Edmonds mint--- I don't see that one come up too often.
  • Options
    hookedoncoinshookedoncoins Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭
    Another soul has been endarkenedimageimageimage. Welcome to the darkside, Donovan. image
  • Options
    NJMark1NJMark1 Posts: 479
    Welcome to the DarkSide! Damn one more guy to share all the GOODSTUFF with. We gotta stop this exodise from the Light!

Mark
  • Options

<< <i>So, do we get to beat people up or anything like that?

Yes, but in a very subtle way. It's sort of like telling people with Downs Syndrome that they're retarded. >>

imageimage
  • Options

<< <i>A warm welcome from a fellow darksider!

image >>

I hate that guy.
  • Options

<< <i>My interests include everything from ancient to modern but I saw the debate on the lightside forum and I knew I had to make a decision. Besides, the guy who PM'd me and said "if you will not be turned you will be destryoyed", was very convincing. So, I have officially come off the fence and will consider myself a darksider. So, do we get to beat people up or anything like that? >>

Oh no, more competition image
    4 765 of 50 971 (9.35%) complete image

First DAMMIT BOY! 25/9/05 (Finally!)

" XpipedreamR is cool because you can get a bottle of 500 for like a dollar. " - Aspirin

• Options
    cladkingcladking Posts: 28,353 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey I'll take the SBA's if no one else wants them, but I'm gonna save all my pillaging for them.

Welcome to the darkside.

Askari mia it's getting busy over here!
    Tempus fugit.
  • Options
    JoeCool
  • Options

<< <i>My interests include everything from ancient to modern but I saw the debate on the lightside forum and I knew I had to make a decision. Besides, the guy who PM'd me and said "if you will not be turned you will be destryoyed", was very convincing. So, I have officially come off the fence and will consider myself a darksider. So, do we get to beat people up or anything like that? >>

Welcome to the darkside! May the force be with you! image
  • Options
    Cool, welcome to the darkside!
    So many coins, so little money!
    Ebay name: bhil3
  • Options
    coinnerdcoinnerd Posts: 491 ✭✭✭
    I'd like to add my welcome to the dark.
  • Options
    We all end up on the Darkside eventually.
    Wanted: High grade Irish (Republic of Ireland, not Northern Ireland or British) coins, slabbed and unslabbed. Also looking for Proof and Uncirculated Sets
    PM with info.

Auction Sniper For all your sniping needs. Tell them I sent you and I'll get three free snipes!

e-bay ID= 29john29