Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Finished with Ebay and PayPal

OT: I was taken a month and a half back by an ebay powerseller...for quite a bit...I guess it was a lesson learned....I payed him the money and also returned the coin set...now I am out the money and the set, as he told Paypal he never received it...but someone at his mailbox received it...he told them that I did not put the coins back in the box, which was a lie...it has become to dishonest for me to partake in such practices of dishonesty...I wish there was a government agency to patrol and keep it honest but as it stands it is Fraud run wild......I just want you people to be aware as many of you already are...it is truley sad to what this world has become.

Comments

• Options
    K6AZK6AZ Posts: 9,295
    I've bought and sold hundreds of coins on eBay, and I have never got the shaft as a buyer. But you have to carefully look at seller's feedback. Who is this seller? If he is a total scam, as you say by claiming he didn't get the coins back, you should let us know who he is.
  • Options
    Pay him a visit, if he lives near me, maybe I can help! I get mad and even!image
    You can fool man but you can't fool God! He knows why you do what you do!
  • Options
    BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,319 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree with Eric....who is the person?
    If they do something like that, they don't deserve NOT to be outed.

And, I agree on checking feedback as well.....also, the few times I have had to send things back, I like to put a signature request on it or insurance above $50. I also like to track it.

I'm sad for your double loss though

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

• Options

You could have weighed an empty box and compared it to the postage paid. The coins would weight an additional 1.5 ozs.
    My posts viewed image times
    since 8/1/6
  • Options
    Yeah, that guy has been on my do-not-buy-list for some time.

Talk about a scorching negative! image
  • Options
    Give me the address, I may be going to Vegas next month! Anyone interested in some fun, gambling etc....?
    You can fool man but you can't fool God! He knows why you do what you do!
  • Options
    dlimb2,
    Sorry this happened to you. Sooner or later it will come back around to this person,... things like this always do.
    Thanks though, for the heads up. I guess power sellers aren't beyond power screwing. Something for us all to keep in mind.
    The Rede we live by: If it harms none, do what you will.
  • Options
    Sometimes I think powersellers feel they are immune and untouchable because e-bay likes that they put money in their pockets.
  • Options
    BAJJERFANBAJJERFAN Posts: 31,011 ✭✭✭✭✭
    So if I sent him an email and sed he was a fly on a pile of $hit what would eBay do if he reported me?
    theknowitalltroll;
  • Options
    Sorry about your experience.

It is possible someone nicked the coins from the box enroute to the seller. I recall reading someplace how it happens quite a bit, especially if all the box seams aren't all taped. The seller could be telling the truth.

Always good to send packages so a signature by the recipient is required & with insurance. That way you have proof he received the box at least with no visible damage.

His signature, combined with your postage receipt indicative of a full weight box, ought to be good proof to paypal that you returned the goods, no? And if the box were empty, then you could've begun an insurance claim with the shipper on behalf of the seller for his missing coins.

"A happy person is not a person in a certain set of circumstances, but rather a person with a certain set of attitudes"--Hugh Downs
  • Options
    Hmmmm...another one from Florida having problems image
    There may be some good dealers in Florida, but there seems to also be a larger than average bunch of scum dealers too. image

I saw that person's name on another thread recently, and decided not to even look at their stuff....too questionable.

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

• Options
    I have a sign green recept that someone picked it up...No it did not get damaged in the mail...this coin had been graded at one time and someone damaged it big time getting it out...this was the first and only time I have been ripped off from someone like this...I left him a feedback that goes like this....God will be the final judge of your fraudulant ways....and that he was of the devil.
  • Options
    I guess slqmaven does vaguely sound like satan.
  • Options
    I saw that feedback and laughed, but, if you wanted to get more vengeance on him with feedback you should have listed a little more of what happened rather than call him the devil (of course, you could have asked if he was Alan Hager in disguise image ).

Whenever I see feedback saying someone sucks, is the devil, is evil, etc, I don't put as much faith into it. But, if I see feedback saying that item was a fraud, no refund when promised, etc, then I put a lot of faith into it.

• Options
    Its to late now for me, but I am thinking about his continued future as a powerseller. He knows there will be one judgement one day that he will have to explain and it will not be to me or you. He knows what he has done and if ebay and paypal continue to allow these people to Fraud the public then they will not be around to long...I know there are many honest sellers out there but it is kind that will destroy what could have been a great time had by all. I just refuse to continue and now will move on to other auctions like teletrade and such...I am going to let it go now...for I have to many other problems to let this bother me...I appreciate all your sentiments...Just be careful when dealing with ebay and paypal.
  • Options
    Dave99BDave99B Posts: 8,389 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What a mess. Sounds like he indeed "took you". I'll avoid that clown in the future.

But comparing him to the Devil may be a bit if an over-reaction. I’ll reserve that for Osama bin Laden.

Dave
    Always looking for original, better date VF20-VF35 Barber quarters and halves, and a quality beer.
  • Options
    There are many devils in this world...they all started out somewhere...Yes he is very much a DEVIL to take peoples money or steal their coins...that is a person who would do just about anything even killing if he new he could get something out of it.
  • Options
    itsnotjustmeitsnotjustme Posts: 8,777 ✭✭✭
    What about e-bay's protection to you as a buyer? Does this help?
    Give Blood (Red Bags) & Platelets (Yellow Bags)!
  • Options
    Hey, I'm a devil! Just not one who rips people off on eBay.
  • Options
    relayerrelayer Posts: 10,570

Perhaps it was the DEVIL who stole your coins and bearing false witness may keep your from becoming eternal once you die?

The stakes are high on eBay

My posts viewed image times
    since 8/1/6
  • Options
    I hope you do not mine me saving you the decion of outing or not. I felt he should be outed. Joe
  • Options
    itsnotjustme, there is no protection for you out there...When I sent them back I insured the package for the $278.20, that even cost me an additonal $12.00 and some change...I would not even have a case at the post office...No, this is why I refuse to continue using ebay and paypal that buyer protection is a joke, as it has just proven.
  • Options
    joeyuk, you can out him to anyone...you know what I speak of as the truth...there is the auction to prove it...I told you all about it so as you would not be treated as I have.
  • Options
    I remember you discussing it when it happened. I'm sorry none of the advise could prevent this.
  • Options
    relayer, I have no worries about the truth with which I speak...now he may be a friend of yours or you might be guilty of the same games he playes...Yeah it was the Devil alrigh that goes by the name of slqmaven.
  • Options
    While PayPal and eBay won't do anything, I strongly advise you to report him for mail fraud. He has so many similar complaints as yours, a mail fraud report may help you get your money back. I'm sure the postal inspectors are well aware of this guy.
  • Options
    joeyuk, Thank You...just thought it was my duty to let my friends like you know.
  • Options
    Here's the link to the online mail fraud report form. Fill it out, you have nothing to lose at this point.

Mail Fraud Complaint Form
  • Options
    K6AZ, I plan on doing that Monday morning. I thoughtI would give Paypal a chance to take hold of the situation but no such luck. With everything in such a turmoil in this country they think that the Feds dont have time to do anything about it, so anything goes.
  • Options
    BoomBoom Posts: 10,165
    It works both ways, guys. Actually, there are people that claim they never receive an item from the seller. As it is, I send everything insured for the actual amount of the item. Some of the most unlikely of candidates will try to pull stunts like this -some because they just do not like the seller out of pure jealousy or some other childish reason.

As the originator of this thread said, "It's a shame what this world has come to." and still another so appropriately said,"What goes around comes around." They may think they are pullimg a fast one-they may even get away with it and get something for nothing..but in the end, justice will be served. I hope I'm wrong about a certain forum member whose own words are recorded in "view history"-some hurtful, vulgar, jealous words from someone that you would never suspect as he is certainly no pauper and lives in a suite in a very big City- but I tell you here and now-he had better hope he doesn't get caught because Mail Fraud is a Federal Offense and I DO follow up on such things!

Jus within the past month, a Federal prosecutor has gotten around to filing charges against what used to be an ebay Gallery featured store. 3 of my first 5 transactions...I got ripped off. Personally, I hope justice is served here in this world -in the penetentiary and in the next , for Eternity. This and a whole lot more inconsistencies among the most unlikely of suspects has me ready to just chunk this so called "hobby" that used to be fun back when I started as a kid collecting history in my hands-good old circulated coins.

As another poster said, "I get mad"-...well I do too and when I do I know how to take care of business and have taken many a so-called "Big Boy" down, including some right here at home within our local government. I try very hard to be a good person. Some time I come across wrong...sorry I'm not perfect-but I try to be the best person I can be!
  • Options
    K6AZ, Thank You, I hope there have been enough complaints issued to get an investigation started on this guy and if ebay and Paypal can not curtail the FRAUD then they need to be shut down until they can.
  • Options
    dlimb2, did you wait for all that negative feedback to load with the link I posted earlier? This guy has a long history of claiming people have swapped coins, sent empty packages, etc. I'm virtually certain the postal inspectors have a file on him. He screwed a friend of mine a couple years ago, claimed he switched proofs. File that report immediately, you can always drop it if he or PayPal does the right thing and refunds your money. Don't take getting ripped off lying down, fight back!
  • Options
    Good post Boom, my feelings exactly, it's why I had to let my fellow members know...I got hit hard here and I am really down, and I do not want it to happen to them.
  • Options
    K6AZ, I will, I can not let him get away with this.
  • Options
    Yeah, the threat of criminal prosecution does wonders for people who wouldn't budge otherwise. Another option is to file a complaint with the FTC's internet fraud center, I'll have to dig up the link for that.
  • Options
    Found it:

IFCC
  • Options
    airplanenutairplanenut Posts: 21,967 ✭✭✭✭✭
    JK Coin Photography - eBay Consignments | High Quality Photos | LOW Prices | 20% of Consignment Proceeds Go to Pancreatic Cancer Research
  • Options
    K6AZ, I was waiting for the lost mail list to download, but it never would. I will fill those forms out tomorrow and sind them I apprecaiate all your help guys...It may not do my any good but hopefully it will for the next person he does this to.
  • Options
    I think you may be surprised. The authorities tend to have a chilling effect on fraudsters. Good luck, and be sure to let us know how it goes.
  • Options
    K6AZ, I appreciate you...your a true buddy...and I will let you know, I promise.
  • Options
    Devil's advocate:

Look at how many auctions this guy has going. Hundreds.

I bet the coins either got lost in his inventory or he has poor record keeping.

I cannot believe someone would be out to rip off for so little money. There is even one guy claiming a .75 coin was not sent.

OR

Someone at the P.O. is on to him and steal his mail?

Just does not make sense.

Either way the guy sounds like a real jerk in reading some of his replies to his negatives. I stopped buying coins on eBay almost 2 years ago after getting ripped. Ebay is losing out and will only take action after they get the Feds on their backs.
  • Options
    LucyBopLucyBop Posts: 14,004 ✭✭✭
    next time buy a Frankie!!!!

those hairyhead coins........ bad things happen!
    imageBe Bop A Lula!!
    "Senorita HepKitty"
    "I want a real cool Kitty from Hepcat City, to stay in step with me" - Bill Carter
  • Options

<< <i>Look at how many auctions this guy has going. Hundreds. >>

Go and look at some other sellers with a comparable amount of feedback that he has. They have nowhere near the amount of complaints about 'lost packages' and 'switched coins'.

Just looking at the unprofessional comments this guy makes is enough to convince me.
  • Options
    K6AZ, I am still trying to download that comments list...no can do...I can not even get one off of his feedback form.
  • Options
    Dlimb, why don't you take action -- and by that I mean file a small claims lawsuit against this seller. Sounds to me like you have decent evidence, including the signed receipt acknowledging delivery. I would also attach to the complaint the history of similar complaints by other buyers. Indeed, I'll bet the reason this a$$hole continues to rip people off is precisely because no one does anything about it.

Also, I would contact the other sellers who have been ripped off. If they also are motivated, why not have them execute notarized affidavits which you can then present to the court? Hell, you could gather all these materials and not only use them in your lawsuit but also submit them to the postmaster general or law enforcement -- with enough people complaining and a package of materials explaining the fraud in writing, they just may take action.

I realize only a few hundred is involved, hence all this work may not be worth it to you. But if you want justice, do something (unlike most people, who do nothing).

My guess is once the process server or sheriff serves this guy with your summons, the seller may decide to refund your money.
    Realtime National Debt Clock:

• Options
    dlimb2, it takes a while to compile that list because while you are waiting, it searches every page of a user's feedback and extracts the negatives. Just start it, minimize the window, and do something else for a while. It will come up. I think it took six or seven minutes.
  • Options
    RRRR Posts: 627 ✭✭✭
    I am still trying to download that comments list...no can do...

dlimb2:

It takes awhile to load for some reason. It took several minutes for it to come up for me.

RR
    <html />
  • Options
    Sequitur, I appreciate your suggestion, I will try to get a listing of the negatives that were left and see who is willing, I may find it hard at the present to do all of this as this past week I became very ill from an illness I thought I was past. I do not know what my outcome will be health wise in the near future...just seems eveything hits you in the face at once. I know it is not the money it is the principal and the wrong that is done. I will try to do something about it

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file