Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Will the '87 Donruss Maddux Rookie catch a little fire?

Now that Maddux is back with the Cubs...do you see his rookie cards moving up a bit? Particularly the '87 Donruss?

Comments

• Options
    probably not, because supply (in high grade) will always outweigh demand, as unfair as that seems
  • Options
    It's a beautiful card. But, with the black borders (Like the '71 Topps), they are very hard to find in mint condition.
  • Options
    The PSA 10s have jumped from $85.00 this winter to around $150.00 now. We should see another increase as he gets closer to 300 wins. But probably only his PSA 9s and 10s due to their scarcity.
  • Options
    maddux is one of my favorite players- along w/palmeiro (if only the cubs had brought them both back). i've got several maddux rookies, but like my palmeiro donruss rcs, most of the raw ones i have are poorly centered. however, maddux graded rcs have already caught quite a bit of fire. last season you could pick up psa 10s (of even the tiffany) for 60-80. now they're routinely going for 150. along w/the topps traded tiffany, fleer glossy, fleer update, and of course the 86 procards (which are very scared), i think his rcs will continue to rise, especially when he gets 300k. an overlooked (but equally beautiful in my view)- or used to be overlooked- maddux rc is the donruss rookies. those have nearly doubled in value. i also like his 87 leaf, but good luck finding a psa 10 in that for low $.
  • Options
    shagrotn77shagrotn77 Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>and of course the 86 procards (which are very scared), i think his rcs will continue to rise >>

Why are the 86 procards scared? Are they claustrophobic and afraid of being put in holders? : )
    "My father would womanize, he would drink. He would make outrageous claims like he invented the question mark. Sometimes he would accuse chestnuts of being lazy. The sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament. Our childhood was typical. Summers in Rangoon, luge lessons. In the spring we'd make meat helmets. When we were insolent we were placed in a burlap bag and beaten with reeds - pretty standard really."
  • Options
    No
  • Options
    I guess Skycap is a man of (very) few words.
    "My father would womanize, he would drink. He would make outrageous claims like he invented the question mark. Sometimes he would accuse chestnuts of being lazy. The sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament. Our childhood was typical. Summers in Rangoon, luge lessons. In the spring we'd make meat helmets. When we were insolent we were placed in a burlap bag and beaten with reeds - pretty standard really."
  • Options
    86 procards sets were limited to 1.5k sets. i should've proofread re scared/scarce
  • Options
    Sorry guys. not trying to bust chops or play super editor. I just think accidentally referring to cards as being "very scared" is funny. No harm meant ; )
  • Options
    no offense taken shag; it actually made me smile. now if only i could "scare" my off centered raw donruss maddux rcs into aligning properly so they'd become psa 10s