Home› U.S. Coin Forum
Options

My First grades back from NGC

I just got my very first submission grades back and thought I would post them.
Modern Economy mailed in on Feb 2 (wow fast)
Out of my 1000 $ 1964 d quarter bag cherry picked about 55 out.
Submitted random 3

2- I graded at ms 65
1-I graded at ms 63

All 3 came back ms 65
image:

Submitted 2 Frankie proofs

1956 (I graded it pr66)came back pr66
1957 (I graded it pr66+)came back pr67image

Now I am waiting to see what my morgans come back as.
Here is what I guessed,
1881s (pl 64)
1885o(ms63)
1879s(pl 65)
1880s(ms63)
1889(ms63)


Comments

  • Options
    edsondledsondl Posts: 390 ✭✭
    It seems that you have a good eye for what NGC is looking. Congrats on your grades.
  • Options
    sinin1sinin1 Posts: 7,500 ✭
    I am curious why you sent in a 1964-D quarter if yu thought it would score MS63?
  • Options
    Great grades! Now if going through 4000 1964 quarters didn't leave you blind, you'll be doing great! image
  • Options
    Nice grades.....
  • Options
    Good grades!

    Cameron Kiefer
  • Options
    Thanks for your comments. I am still going through a learning curve. Submitted the one I thought was a MS 63 because of the tripled mint mark. I marked this on the paper insert ,but did not pay for the variety plus so they did not see it.I will know better next time. Has anyone seen one of these tripled D's in a 64 yet?
  • Options
    sinin1sinin1 Posts: 7,500 ✭
    Is a 1964 D/D/D something NGC recognizes?

    you may want to confirm this before sending it in for that - maybe ANACS


    doubt if PCGS does - not sure


    can you show us a picture (when coins back if still in mail)
  • Options
    Great job! I have yet to send any coins in, I guess you could say that I have, as time passes, gotten more seroius about my collecting. So I would like to have more knowledge before I just send in any ol' coin. I do have a very nice 1955 penny that appears to have a doubling on the 1955 that I am curoius about, so does that mean I have to pay extra (variety plus?) for them to even acknowledge the doubling? How does this work?
    THanks for the advice in advice
    I am amazed by the overabundance of knowledge I have already learned here, my brain may explode by the end of the month but it will be worth it! image

    a future pro
    snapmohr
  • Options
    coinkatcoinkat Posts: 24,562 ✭✭✭✭✭
    nice grades. I think the triple D is something for ANACS. I doubt that NCG will attribute that variety.

    Experience the World through Numismatics...it's more than you can imagine.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file