Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Sweat and pain I know your name.....

There is a very respected dealer in our area that keeps up a hole-in-the-wall shop that has some amazing finds.... I still choke at that 500 ounce bar of silver from 1945 that he has sitting down there. All the man wants is whatever silver is worth and nothing more for it. I would buy it as a wicked showpiece if I had the cash handy. He has all sorts of stuff in that shop. Sometimes it is painful to just go there because he is a retired man that does this one day a week just for the joy of it.

But he has some of the most beautiful things I have ever seen. You feel like you are looking at a collection on display rather than a store.
Alexandria Collection

It is better to dwell in the corner of the housetop, than with a brawling woman and in a wide house. - Proverbs 25:24

Comments

• Options
    He is a dealer. Don't view the coins as a collection and just cherrypick him.image

Cameron Kiefer
  • Options
    What you say is quite true..... but after you do business with him awhile you almost feel guilty at buying his coins because you know many ARE from his own collection, others are where he takes his money and buys from friends. He has a wonderful memory and he will look at me when I walk in and say with a grandfather-like smile,

"Still enjoying that 60 proof set?"

He remembers that the first item I ever bought from him was a 1960 small mint mark proof set.....

I cannot truly define him as a dealer, he is simply an elderly man that runs a coin shop on saturday to have something to do. We should all be so lucky. He is not in it for the money. Just for the joy of it. You can just TELL.
    Alexandria Collection

It is better to dwell in the corner of the housetop, than with a brawling woman and in a wide house. - Proverbs 25:24
  • Options
    Sounds like a wonderful old man. I love to meet folks like that. There is an old man in my area, but runs the shop with his wife 6 days per wk., and he doesn't really seem to want to get to know anyone. Most older folks have a lot of knowledge to share. I hope to be a good ole gal when I get that old. Hopefully, I will be smarter by then.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file