Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

WINNER ANNOUNCED...GIVEAWAY~1000th Post~Toned 1902-O PCGS MS64 Morgan Dollar

13»

Comments

• Options
    I love collecting coins because they are the witness of all the events of the world.
  • Options
    newsmannewsman Posts: 2,658 ✭✭✭
    Collecting coins is a great way to touch history and see the world image
  • Options
    hughesm1hughesm1 Posts: 778 ✭✭
    I enjoy coin collecting because it reminds me of time spent with both my father and grandfather catalogueing and talking about coins, looking through red books etc. Although my boys are 4 and 3 now, I hope at least one of them will take an interest in and appreciate the hobby, and always remember the time spent with their old man putting together coin albums, comparing strike characteristics, die states etc.
    Mark
  • Options
    1957joe1957joe Posts: 608 ✭✭
    I'm not really sure why I enjoy this hobby. It is like love, it is just something that you feel!
    Congrats on your 1000th post!
    Joe
  • Options
    Dennis88Dennis88 Posts: 5,797 ✭✭✭
    I like coin collecting because it's fun, educating, a hard task to complete sets.......

Dennis
  • Options
    rdunnitrdunnit Posts: 340 ✭✭
    I enjoy this great hobby of ours because of the diversity of collecting, the challenge of collecting and the history of collecting. It also stimulates the mind and allows me to learn.
  • Options
    What a great hobby this is - the history, the "searching" - I love it all. This is one hobby that I can start talking about at a family outing and everyone gets in on the conversation. Throw in a few coins to spice it up and they all want in! image
    SNIKT!
    You are doing well, subject 15837. You are a good person.
  • Options
    I love it for the excitement that comes with finding something rare and valuable.
  • Options
    EvilMCTEvilMCT Posts: 799 ✭✭✭
    Because I'm a step away from OCD.image If I'm going to be obsessing over something, I may as well make it something that I can pass on to my children.

Ken
    my knuckles, they bleed, on your front door
  • Options
    BaleyBaley Posts: 22,659 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Coins... History in your Hands. We enjoy the beauty, rarity, values, and, of course, the people.

Liberty: Parent of Science & Industry

• Options
    Chicks dig coin collectors (especially those who drive Saturns) image
  • Options
    calgolddivercalgolddiver Posts: 1,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I started at 11 ... kept on going ... just changed what I collect ... it's cool and fun to try to find obscure and rare pieces.
    Top 25 Type Set 1792 to present

Top 10 Cal Fractional Type Set

successful BST with Ankurj, BigAl, Bullsitter, CommemKing, DCW(7), Elmerfusterpuck, Joelewis, Mach1ne, Minuteman810430, Modcrewman, Nankraut, Nederveit2, Philographer(5), Realgator, Silverpop, SurfinxHI, TomB and Yorkshireman(3)

• Options
    DrWhoDrWho Posts: 562 ✭✭
    For some reason, I love to collect coins. Thinking about it, I believe it is the history and the art of coins that attracts my interest.
  • Options
    ShamikaShamika Posts: 18,762 ✭✭✭✭
    Collecting appeals to my "pack-rat" nature.
    Buyer and seller of vintage coin boards!
  • Options
    nwcsnwcs Posts: 13,387 ✭✭✭
    Wow, really racking them up. I wonder, though, if chances are improved by having multiple posts?? image
  • Options
    AND THE WINNER IS...................................

JLW image

Congratulations!!!!!
    ANA Member R-213302
  • Options

<< <i>AND THE WINNER IS...................................

JLW image

Congratulations!!!!! >>

Too cool!!! Thanks Jim, it's a beauty!image
  • Options
    Dang image

Gongrats JLW...and what a nice giveaway !!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file