Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

AOL is blocking Heritage's emails

Just looked on Heritage's main page and noticed that AOL is blocking all of their emails. If you have been expecting and email from please note that it isn't coming. You will need to contact AOL.

Rich

Comments

• Options
    dragondragon Posts: 4,548 ✭✭
    Thanks for that info, I was wondering why I wasn't getting my usual flurry of outbid notices right before internet bidding ends.
  • Options
    tjkilliantjkillian Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭
    AOL is anal retentive regarding email. Because spam is so bad, many, many legitimate email to AOL'ers go undelivered. I had to get on their "white list" in order to send bulk, SOLICITED email to them.

Tom
    Tom

• Options
    I just talked to AOL and apparently they recieve SPAM notifications about Heritage from several members (who knows 10x, 100x, 1000X....). After they get enough of them, they added them to an automatic reject list. You will need to call and hopefully within several days your email should be sent.

Rich
  • Options
    ????????? Where does it say this?
    Bill

09/07/2006
  • Options
    Go to Heritage's home page and in the upper right hand corner in red you will see:

AOL is blocking your email from Heritage.
    Find out more.

Click on the Find out more and you will get:

AOL is blocking email from Heritage

Since January 26, 2004, AOL has failed to deliver email from Heritage.

If you are not receiving email from us at your AOL email address,
    please contact AOL customer service
    immediately by phone at: 1-800-827-6364
    or on-line at: http://www.aol.com/info/feedback.adp
    and request that they properly deliver your email.

If you need customer support from Heritage,
    we cannot email you at your AOL email address
    Please call 1-800-US-COINS (1-800-872-6467) for assistance.

• Options
    LOL - when I finally ditched AOL a while back, I told them it was due to their crappy e-mail system. They told me that I should wait and try out the new AOL, with state of the art e-mail controls. image
    SNIKT!
    You are doing well, subject 15837. You are a good person.
  • Options
    My suggestion to aol users, for what it's worth, is to get a free email account at yahoo or similar. I have one and they don't block anything out unless I request so.
  • Options
    I guess it only shows up for people with AOL for email.
    Bill

09/07/2006
  • Options
    People that use AOHELL are usually (mostly) boobs to begin with. They can set their preferences at Heritage for receiving email. They don't. They get spammed. Then they complain to their ISP instead of changing their preferences. image
    AOHELL users need alot of handholding.
  • Options
    BTW, you can SPAM your heart out on AOL...if you pay AOHELL for the privilege.
  • Options
    RussRuss Posts: 48,515 ✭✭✭

<< <i>AOL is anal retentive regarding email. Because spam is so bad, many, many legitimate email to AOL'ers go undelivered. >>

Yeah, all that outside spam would get in the way of all the inside spam AOL sends to their own customers.

BTW, extensive clinical studies have demonstrated that the simple act of cancelling an AOL account causes the user's IQ to increase by 10 points. The only exception, of course, is if said user is switching to Web TV. image

Russ, NCNE
  • Options
    I use AOL and Internet explorer. Its my choice, not anyone elses'.
    .People that use AOHELL are usually (mostly) boobs to begin with....Words of wisdom from BaghdadBoob!!!!
  • Options
    airplanenutairplanenut Posts: 21,995 ✭✭✭✭✭
    A year or two ago, Harvard sent out admissions notices via email... except AOL saw so many, the blocked and returned them all image
    JK Coin Photography - eBay Consignments | High Quality Photos | LOW Prices | 20% of Consignment Proceeds Go to Pancreatic Cancer Research
  • Options
    pontiacinfpontiacinf Posts: 8,915 ✭✭
    if thats the case, I owe them an apology image

Go BIG or GO HOME. ©Bill
  • Options

<< <i>People that use AOHELL are usually (mostly) boobs to begin with. >>

You pegged me, Bagdad! Darn! I hate it when that happens.

Russ--
    I never get spam from AOL. They have on two occasions though sent me naked pictures of yo mama.

Clankeye
    Brevity is the soul of wit. --William Shakespeare
  • Options
    This is another reason I am about to drop AOL!!
  • Options
    RussRuss Posts: 48,515 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Russ--
    I never get spam from AOL. They have on two occasions though sent me naked pictures of yo mama. >>

Cute little pile of ashes, ain't she?

Russ, NCNE
  • Options
    Russ! ---no fair!

Clankeye
    Brevity is the soul of wit. --William Shakespeare
  • Options
    << I use AOL and Internet explorer. Its my choice, not anyone elses'.
    .People that use AOHELL are usually (mostly) boobs to begin with....Words of wisdom from BaghdadBoob!!!!
    >>

My point, exactly!
  • Options
    AOL works great for me. Been using it since 1997. Say all you want about AOL but if you know how to use it then you will not have problems.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file