Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

OT poll: sig line pics- yea or nay?

lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,353 ✭✭✭✭✭
Are the "Digger's Diary" pictures interesting at all, or are they just distracting?

I only have a dozen or so sig lines uploaded so far, and some of that dug stuff ain't pretty to look at (common silver Roosies or corroded Indian cents, etc.), so my coin numbers in the "Digger's Diary" entries are not in any particular order. They're the numbers from my detector find album, in chronological order by the date found. A lot of my coin finds are not worth imaging, but since my detector is down and I never get any time to go out anymore, I thought it might be fun to image some of the finds and put a brief story about them in the pictures.

If the project is of any interest, and I don't need my sig line space for something else, I'll probably add some more coin pics. There are 264 "keeper" coins in my dug album, and while I have no intention of imaging them all at this point, I still have many interesting ones that aren't done yet. And after that, there's still the jewelry and Civil War or colonial artifacts...

We can also use this thread to discuss sig line pics in general. What do you like or not like about other people's pics, in general?

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.

Comments

• Options
    I read them all the time! Interesting material and some great finds! My son has been ragging on me to buy a metal detector to work the beach and older areas of downtown. He's only six, and thinks we will find some pirate treasure!image
    HEAD TUCKED AND ROLLING ALONG ENJOYING THE VIEW! [Most people I know!]

NEVER LET HIPPO MOUTH OVERLOAD HUMMINGBIRD BUTT!!!

WORK HARDER!!!!
    Millions on WELFARE depend on you!
  • Options
    dorkkarldorkkarl Posts: 12,692 ✭✭✭
    some frontal nudity would make it more enticing.

K S
  • Options
    I don't have any frontal nudity to post, but my local detecting buddy just posted some on the MD forum! imageimage

(BTW, check out the link to HIS finds in HIS sig line... they blow mine away!)

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    EvilMCTEvilMCT Posts: 799 ✭✭✭
    I find them interesting, so please continue.
    Ken
    my knuckles, they bleed, on your front door
  • Options
    nwcsnwcs Posts: 13,387 ✭✭✭
    Maybe a little smaller. image
  • Options
    Went as small as I could without getting totally grainy images. I didn't wanna have them be distracting. Maybe a link would be better, or even a link to a page, like Steve does, but I'm having fun with it.

• Options
    baccarudabaccaruda Posts: 2,588 ✭✭
    I like em. This kind of history is what coin collecting is all about.
    1 Tassa-slap
    2 Cam-Slams!
    1 Russ POTD!
  • Options
    islemanguislemangu Posts: 1,377 ✭✭✭
    Size is perfect yea yea On that Barber I was hoping Swansboro NC..the inland waterway is the only wayimage
    YCCTidewater.com
  • Options
    I enjoy reading about your finds, keep em coming!
    -George
    42/92
  • Options
    WhitewashqtrWhitewashqtr Posts: 737 ✭✭✭
    LORDMARCOVAN - How are you buddy? You have one of the best sig lines around!! It always changes and with your new theme of posting images and texts of your finds dug from the earth.. what better way to enjoy the hobby. How's the holy vest doing?

WWQ
    HAVE A GREAT DAY! THE CHOICE IS YOURS!!!!
  • Options
    I like reading the stories and seeing the pictures... I think that you'd be able to have better control over your text if it were just that, text. I vote for putting the description of your dig and find in the sig with a link to the pictures.
  • Options
    baccarudabaccaruda Posts: 2,588 ✭✭
    LM -

You've nearly inspired me several times to buy one of those metal detecting contraptions. My only problem is - where do you dig? Every piece of land is owned by someone unless it's public property and even then I'm gonna be pistol-whipped if a cop sees me digging a big hole in the middle of the park.
    1 Tassa-slap
    2 Cam-Slams!
    1 Russ POTD!
  • Options
    FullHornFullHorn Posts: 1,129 ✭✭✭✭✭
    keep it up with the digger diary its great and I enjoy reading it, as for others that post pics of girls or cartoons of adult type stuff I ask why? I mean here I am trying to explain to my nine year old why this crap is on a coin site image
  • Options
    hookedoncoinshookedoncoins Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭
    I read them all the time. I say keep 'em.
  • Options
    TayTayTayTay Posts: 465 ✭✭
    I say keep 'em coming also LM. I have read and enjoyed them image
    "What are you putting that tape on your nose for?"
    "Exactly."

• Options
    There is no reason why you shouldn't keep it.
  • Options
    There is no reason why you shouldn't keep it.
  • Options
    I like them too. I agree with Mercurynut, you should keep it.
    David
  • Options
    I like them too. I agree with Mercurynut, you should keep it.
    David
  • Options
    BarryBarry Posts: 10,100 ✭✭✭
    The problem I have with them is when someone else walks by my desk and sees some of them (particularly the babe pics), I get odd looks and comments. This happens with some of the icons, too, such as dorkkarl's.
  • Options
    Big animated sig lines can be a hassle sometimes, too.

• Options
    fcloudfcloud Posts: 12,133 ✭✭✭✭
    Keep 'em! It is another way for us to learn something new!image

President, Racine Numismatic Society 2013-2014; Variety Resource Dimes; See 6/8/12 CDN for my article on Winged Liberty Dimes; Ebay

• Options
    I enjoy them!!!
    Constellatio Collector sevenoften@hotmail.com
    ---------------------------------
    "No Good Deed Goes Unpunished!"
    "If it don't make $"
    "It don't make cents""
  • Options
    Say, ConstellatioGuy, did I tell you I've seen two that were dug? Nova Constellatio coppers, that is. Not around here, but I suppose it could happen (probably has, come to think of it). The first one I saw (and bought) was the only Constellatio I've owned- a rather porous VG. I knew right away that it had been somebody's detector find. I bought it locally but don't know if it was found locally. The other one was barely porous at all, and it was a high-end EF. It came up in the Piedmont area of central North Carolina, maybe around Charlotte somewhere. Lots of coins make it back into the world, and into numismatic circles, via detectorists. I personally would never sell mine, but most folks do. Sadly, the tales they could tell are lost when the digger sells 'em, though. Y'see, to you, something like my corroded 1738 Brit halfpenny is something you might be insulted to pay more than a dollar for, but to me, it is a wild trip back in time- both my own experience of the day I found it, and the semi-imagined experience of the long-dead person who lost it. It's hard to explain, but then I suppose those who already collect old coins are halfway to understanding the thrill of finding them.

• Options
    They're fine only if they're short and brief, IMO.
    Author of MrKelso's official cheat thread words of wisdom on 5/30/04. image
    imageimage
    Check out a Vanguard Roth IRA.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file