Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Etopps???

I used to do a lot of trading with etopps and made some good money. i havent checked it in about a year now. Can you still make money with this or is it a break even deal. i remember when they first had the baseball classic set come out i ordered so many of the babe ruth ones and only got a few but i made like 50$ a pop on ebay right away.
Any way just wondering if any of you guys deal with etopps. Is it still a good thing to profit from. also how about the pit ive always lost my a$$ on the pit. how have you guys done?

Sorry last post didnt come in!

Comments

• Options
    I used to collect etopps as well. I got out about a month ago. It is really hurting because Topps doesn't adverise it enough in my opinion. Not enough members.
  • Options
    joestalinjoestalin Posts: 12,473 ✭✭
    over 2 million cards now selling for less than issue price!

Thats all you need to know.

Kevin
  • Options
    I love how everyone bashes etopps, take a look at the 2003 basketball set is up 54%. If you simply bought 1 of every card at IPO each week you would've made a couple hundred bucks. If you were smart about it and picked the right cards you could've made a lot of money.

This program is on the rise, etopps has been making tons of changes lately and the majority of people have seen their portfolios increase in value. My port has jumped nearly 3 grand in the past month alone. With the addition of the card target market (cardtarget.com) etopps is getting more exposure. Look out for the 2004 baseball set especially after the National, all if you who are bashing the etopps program will be ticked off in a few months after you see all of the money that you could've made.
  • Options
    Joe Stalin, please get your facts straight. There are not over 2 million cards below IPO price. The total etopps program has a print run of 2,106,411 with 506 cards above IPO and 599 cards below IPO. And for the most part the only cards that are below IPO are the cards from the 2002 sets that have very high print runs, take a look at the 2003 basketball and football sets, not to mention the 2003 classic football set. Just go to cardtarget.com, the graphs don't lie!
  • Options
    oh sorry 1 million cards selling for less money now....does it really matter? I can't believe there
    are STILL idiots believing that this stuff is great after topps repeatedly screws you! Everytime this
    comes up someone for etopps always tells us what is going up and tells us how many different cards
    are up...except those are the cards that very few people bought! 75%+ of the cards they have
    put out are dead! and most of those cards have print runs from 3-5 thousand! Why dont you
    tell everyone that oh and don't forget to figure the selling price with the added cost of selling...45 cents
    to ebay, a dime to paypal....now tell me how many total cards are selling for more than 55 cents over
    issue price!

It has to be true that the the only people left in etopps are idiots who don't collect sportcards and
    who don't care about money. No sain collector would buy this junk and pay 800 dollars for a Tony
    Banks card.

Im stating facts...I was there in November of 2000 when this whole crock started! I cussed out
    Harlan Berman for 40 minutes one morning after he sold me cards, took my money and closed
    down the site for 4 months! You probably didn't even know what etopps was back then!

This is the wrong board for you newbie! There are people here with common sense, go back
    to Steve Brock's board!

Thanks

JS
  • Options
    BugOnTheRugBugOnTheRug Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Joe Stalin, please get your facts straight. >>

Don't hold your breath on that one, cause it will never happen........

BOTR
  • Options
    I think it's funny how you call me a newbie just because I rarely post on here. Please keep in mind that your collection will never match up to mine, but I guess I'm a newbie.

And there are plenty of people here with common sense, just not you. Let's take a look at your last post, so if there are 1 million cards selling for less then IPO price, wouldn't that mean that there are more cards selling for over IPO price. I'm not a math major but it looks like I'm right.

Apparently 75 percent of the cards they put out are dead, maybe you should do the math and then take a look again. The only cards that are dead are the 2002 cards because of their high print runs. Keep in mind though that there are some really nice cards from the 02s such as the Prior rookie, even with the huge print run.

Ebay fees for doing private auctions are just 30 cents and if you do a paypal balance transfer there are no fees for that as well. The tony banks card is only around 350.00 right now just so you know. Here is the best thing you said though, nobody who buys etopps cares about money or knows anything about cards. Well the majority of people who are investing in etopps got out of collecting regular cards because they were losing money doing that. I guess nobody cares about money though and that would be a good reason to why everyone continues to buy etopps cards.

You are a joke on these boards, few people respect your opinion, look at the previous post as well. I know how much you're against etopps, and that is fine. Take a look at etopps in 6 months from now and then let me know how much you regret not taking advantage of a great opportunity. I still love collecting regular cards and that is where my true passion is. I saw an opportunity in etopps in the past 6 months and I have been fortunate enough and have made close to 5 grand. Best of luck with your card collection and I hope it works out for you.
  • Options
    I agree that there are some cards in etopps worth money, but there are just as many worth pretty much nothing.

Etopps is a cyclical phenomenon.

The cards in the first 2 years are worth something because there are lower print runs causing a scarcity, due mainly in fact that so few people were aware or unwilling to risk significant money in the cards. Meanwhile cards released in 2002 have less value because so many people saw a chance to make a quick buck, unfortunately there are way too many people collecting these days for just that reason.

Since so many people took a complete bath in the last year or so with etopps, the majority of the etopps collectors have left, hence a smaller print run of the cards, once again scarcity (or the perception of it) has an effect on the value. I would be willing to wager that next year, print runs will increase of each card, causing the same problem as in 2002.

Etopps is not a bad thing, it just isn't the cash cow many are making it, nor is it the money pit either.
    Always wanting odd-ball Nolan Ryan's.
  • Options
    Bowlking- great post, way to look at it from both sides.

I completely agree with basically everything you say. The 2002 cards really don't have any significant value to anyone unless you are collecting the sets. There are the exceptions from 2002 but for the most part the cards will reamin below IPO prices.

It can be very profitable if you pick the right players to buy. I made the majority of my money buying select 2001 football cards and accumulating decent size percentages of certain players and watching the price slowly rise. This is the same thing that a lot of other people have been doing with 2003 football and basketball. It's scary to think that there are certain people that control over 30% of a 2003 card with print runs under 800.

I think 2004 will be interesting. If etopps is smart (like they have been this year for basketball/football) they will eliminate the high print runs of 3000 or more (with the few exceptions of top rookies). Assuming more people get involved in the program then most of the rarer cards, mainly the 2001s should see a steady increase in value. Most investments aren't a sure thing and etopps isn't either. If you pick the right cards to invest in you can make a decent ammount of cash, then again if you pick the wrong cards you can lose a lot as well.
  • Options
    Its so easy to excuse all the cards that aren't making money isn't it...afterall you only bought 2001
    cards, then you went into hybernation and bought 2003 right? Please were are not that stupid!
    The 2002 glut followed the high point in etopps history and that means all the "thousands" that
    people made on 2001 cards was negated by the 2002, events series, and classics.

Again, I will ask why you mention cards with print runs of several hundred that have performed well, but
    fail to mention cards that are selling for 50% or more less that sold in the 5000 range? It doesn't take
    a genius to see that sure 1 card has gone up and one card has gone down but while 300 or 400 people
    have made money, 15 times that many people have lost money! This is the situation for almost every
    2002 card and most of the classics and events..heck some events which sold 8000 cards are selling for
    3 dollars or less (those cards were sold for 8 bucks in the beginning!

Im so glad that some of your slithered over to the cardboard forums here, afterall we are all sitting here
    losing money left and right and needed to know of a quick way to make it all back. Im on my way
    right now to sign up for an account or 20. I wonder if the user name Ernie Banks or Garfield are used yet?

You know I can see how wet behind the ears you are when you say that topps should limit print runs...
    why should they if they can sell thousands of each player year after year?? So what does a 3rd year
    preston wilson sell for?? LOL nada. You all are sucked in so far you can't get out, you can only
    hope to grab more people and attempt to flip or whatever you all call it.

oh and apparently you haven't sold on ebay either, 30 cents to list minimum and then final value fees
    and then paypal fees which you can't get around and everyone uses paypal. Heck you have cards
    in your portfolios that you have paid for and they still aren't yours!!! You either have to pay to sell
    them or pay to get them shipped....you don't even own them, as a matter of fact the only thing
    that you own 100% are the losses...congrats!

JS

• Options
    You know its funny, I went over to the etopps site and was looking for the price info on past
    cards and it IS either gone or very hard to find! Nothing like seeing negatives in front of all the numbers
    to get customers there!

Here are some numbers I got from another site:

How about some of these hot players:

Delgado...1028 cards selling above IPO 6104 selling below
    Maddux 1031 cards selling above IPO 9863 below
    ARod 2212 above 9240 below
    Clemens 1462 above 10985 below
    Jeter 1041 above 11,054 below IPO!!

The 2002 Randy Johnson sold for 9.50 back in 02 and 6,211 people bought it...it is now worth 2 dollars
    after selling fees...thats 46 thousand dollars lost (46,000)

9477 Ichiro buyers in 2002 bought for 9.50 a pop now worth 2.45 cents after fees....topps made 90 thousand
    dollars on just this card alone...buyers then took it in the rear for 66,782 dollars. thank you topps may
    I have another......

Dunn..6000 sold for 6.50 now worth 1.75 each
    Ishii 6000 sold for 6.5 now worth 1.85 each

If I had bought all of these players cards back in 2002 when they were hot I would of been out over 150,000
    dollars! AND THATS JUST 4 CARDS FROM A 107 CARD SET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Why try to sweep this under the rug?

JS
  • Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,351 ✭✭✭✭✭

Game....Set.....MATCH!!!!image
    Mike
  • Options
    nice detective work kevin
  • Options
    kuhlmannkuhlmann Posts: 3,326 ✭✭
    Well i just checked etopps and ebay together. and im not impressed with the $$$!!!! seems you have to get lucky to make money. if you order lebron james lets say 100 of them and topps awards you 1, you can make a little profit. but all the ones i see selling are going for the same price as bought maybe less. so i have to agree with joe stalin on this. just look at byron leftwich they are selling for about 5$ i dont know how much it was when it first came out but im guessing 4-6$ so after fees you wasting your time.
  • Options
    I am the first to say that I did make some money on the initial set afetr it came out. I got out a bit too early, and I could have made more. I bought a Jerry Stackhouse for like $60 and then sold it a week later for $100 or so. I had like 4 Chris Weber's that I paid nothing for and sold for $20 a pop or so.

But I have to admit - Joe Stalin is right on the money with this one. These cards are a HUGE scam by Topps and they will never hold their value. Edgardo Alfonzo 2001 for like $200 last I checked ( awhile back )? Tony Banks 2001 for $350? Owen Nolan 2001 for $50+ or so?

Listen, even the lowest card produced ( Tony Banks ) still sucks. Why do you think that only 180 or so copies were sold. The guy stinks. I am not a newbie by any means, I do understand that it is the "scarcity" of some of these cards that drives up the values, but owning 180 separate piles of dog pooh, is still owning a bunch of dog pooh. You just have a bit more.

I questioned the values from Day 1. I asked myself "Why can a Edgardo Alfonzo 2001 Etopps sell for hundreds, but a insert of him from any pack/brand with the same print run ( or much less ) will sell for $1 topps on Ebay?" Same goes for Tony Banks, Owen Nolan, Elvis Grbac, etc..

I couldn't get more than about $30 on Ebay for any Edgardo Alfonzo 1/1 card, yet people are pumping out hundreds of $$$ for a card that they will keep in their profile until they realize they were ripped off and sell it on Ebay for $2, 3 years from now. Think about it? I understand that the lure of Etopps is that if you really wanted to, and tried, you may be able to purchase all of the Edgardo Alfonzo 2001 Etopps at one point in your life. There is only like 200+ cards produced. But, if you just wait to pay the $30 for a Fleer Masterpiece 1/1, you can also guarantee that no one else would own that card either.

Now figure it out. The average Alfonzo 2001 Etopps goes for $100 ( I'm sure it is way more, but I haven't looked in over a year ). If you went on a mission to own all of them, it would cost you near $22,000 to do this, give or take. More than likely it would cost more because once some of the nerds realize that you are getting down to the last 10 or so, they can charge you whatever they want in order for you to complete your gay Edgardo Alfonzo worthless set. Meanwhile, some other nerd owns 60 or so different Edagrdo Alfonzo 1/1 cards if he could find them for much, much less. Etopps is not logical one bit. They really are adding to the vault for any of these cards that they sell, meanwhile leaving MOST of the consumers with their pockets turned inside out.

If you made a few $$$ with these things when they first came out, god bless. So did I for a very short time. However, I was smart enough to see the print runs jump up and 30x more people get involved the 2nd time around so I backed off. That surely paid off for me. What I don't get is, what joy do you have owning a 8th year card of Kevin Garnett with a print run of even 1,500? And these days, that would be a low print run for the company.

I have a deal for anyone interested. Send me $500 through Paypal an I promise that i will send you a 1/1 card from each of the following players: Tony Banks, Owen Nolan, Jerry Stackhouse, Edgardo Alfonzo, and Elvis Grbac. Your total cost to purchase their initial Etopps would probably be more than the $500 you send me, so it would be a great deal. After I send you the cards and I put the $400+ I profited off the deal, I will post positive remarks about the way you trade. I promise.

Trust me and anyone that knocks these useless cards - GET OUT WHILE YOU STILL HAVE A SMALL PROFIT. I do not mean to offend any one person who collects these cards. I am just questioning your purpose.

TheRoach

7 MVP awards, the single season HR record, career walks record, single season walks record, 700HR/500SB, and two batting titles near 40 years old. How can one argue that those aren't stats of the greatest to ever play the game??? All this and there is still more to come!!!! Bonds:2005 NL MVP. Or are you going to doubt him again?
  • Options
    Roach,
    What your saying is very true!!

But dont all of you guys find it WEIRD that lets say for instance lebron james fleer focus. has the same exact card that is #d to 499 and then one is #d to 10. what is the difference in the card for real? one says #d to 499 on the back and one says #d to 10!! but it looks exactly the same.
    This is why i think chase cards are starting to flop. if they are going to # a card different then at least change the view of the card.
  • Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,351 ✭✭✭✭✭

kuhlmann

I totally agree with that!

Mike

Mike
  • Options
    Yeah, but then all it means is that there may be a total of 509 cards produced. I would still rather have the one numbered out of 10. If the serial numbering is different, I think it's a different card. They should change the pic though. I agree 100%.

TheRoach

7 MVP awards, the single season HR record, career walks record, single season walks record, 700HR/500SB, and two batting titles near 40 years old. How can one argue that those aren't stats of the greatest to ever play the game??? All this and there is still more to come!!!! Bonds:2005 NL MVP. Or are you going to doubt him again?
  • Options
    oh and don't forget that etopps cards are NOT numbered. Topps tells us how many there are, but even
    they are unclear on how many are in hand. They also sell these etopps cards on the pit which they
    own.....lets review

1) topps makes the card and announces print runs
    2) topps sells cards to the pit (which they own) and has yet to tell us how those cards are allocated
    3) the cards on the pit are priced based on what "someone" is willing to pay for them.
    4) there is no way to see who is buying these cards on the pit
    5) these cards are bought back from the pit (who topps owns) and are put up in a rewards offer
    made to people how buy many etopps cards.

so etopps=thepit=etopps, topps sells the initial card to itself, then gets to post what that card
    is worth on the site and then sells it the higest bidder or buys it back with its own money. Whats
    even more odd is that you can't see what etopps cards the pit bought or has in its possesion...one
    day a card goes up on ebay, the next day the pit has 50 of them selling on their site..hmmmmmm

still with me?

Etopps stared in 2001 by priting up the cards before they sold them, but many were not sold. Topps
    said that they destroyed all the cards that wern't sold (thousands). Later on they would sell the
    cards and print up the cards later with the exact sell amount. Back in 2002 they had a few
    celeb accounts...Ernie Banks and Garfield....they were allowed to get 8 of a certain player while
    the rest of us could only get a max of 1 or 2. Today if you order an etopps card and want it delivered
    your credit card is charged instantly but the card might take up to 6 months to arrive at your house
    (plus a 5.95 delivery charge)

Still today there is NO visable evidence on how many cards there are out there, how many people actually
    possess or how many topps printed up. 186 Tony Banks selling for 300 dollars a piece and un-numbered?
    what if a few extras slipped in...could anyone tell?? 600 bucks is a lot of money!

Where did Maddux go?

JS

• Options
    Joe
    I owned to Alex Escobar cards which i made good money off and i believed they were #d on the back. i could be wrong though.
    Heck i must be wrong bc no one list the uniform #d ones on the back.
  • Options
    these numbers mean nothing...actually they number the cards when they ship them but number them
    in one long strand so if this was your order:

Bonds
    Griffey
    A Rod
    A Rod
    Maddux

the numbers on the cards would be 1000,1001,1002,1003,1004....that doesn't prove anything. Im not
    sure who was the genius at etopps who thought of this, but then again this is the same company
    who sent out an offer on an events card featuring War Emblem and its triple crown win BEFORE
    he actually won, and who sent out ads misspelling players names wrong such as Kurt Shilling and
    Eddie Matthews!

JS
  • Options
    Sorry for not getting back sooner had a late night last night

Joe, I started etopps in August of 2003 during the last month of baseball so I didn't lose anything on the 2002s. All of the 2001s I purchased were on the secondary market, sorry for not being clear about that. Joe, you are wrong about the pit and etopps working together. The etopps cards offered on the pit are "in hand cards" meaning they have been taken out of circulation and are no longer in peoples portfolios. There is no way to put cards back into your portfolio once they have been shipped to you. Also, the shipping prices on the cards have been reduced a lot over the past few months.

Joe, learn how to read. Look at my previous posts where I said the 2002 cards were crap for the most part, nobody was trying to hide that. And look back to my explination of ebay fees again. When you do a private trade with another person from etopps it will cost you 30 cents to list it and the final value fee will only be a penny because that is what the final price is. Then when you get paid from someone else using a paypal balance transfer there are no fees involved (assuming your account is a personal account that doesn't accept credit cards).
  • Options
    Just an update for anyone who cares. I just went to the Etopps website and wanted to let everyone know that yes, they still suck today.

TheRoach

• Options
    Its fun to see some bashing of the eTopps from those who don't enjoy it. Heck some who do enjoy it bash it on a regular basis on the etopps.com forum. Etopps is the only community that enables the consumers to decide how many cards - and in some cases what cards are made. No chase cards, no commons in the boxes and cases, just the base set of premium cards. Joe's been there, made some money, and lost out big when he sold to a new BMW owner before a nice rise in the etopps market place. Here is a view of the current market - its up about 17% over the last 45 days:

Total Print Run 2,106,411
    Cards above IPO 512
    Cards below IPO 595
    Cards above 7 day Avg 417
    Total Currently On eBay 9,127
    Cards Ended Yesterday 2,054
    Cards Ending Today 2,998
    Cards Ending Tomorrow 1,150
    Total Market Cap $13,995,630
    SuperSet Value $12,417.36

That last number, superset value, would be if you had bought one of every card at IPO. That would have cost about $6325 if my math is right so its almost double from its initial cost. I know the chase cards in boxes and packs can be worth a lot, but many gave up chasing in the 90's and have found a new home with eTopps. Hate it all you want - it works for a lot of people. The cards are great, they are individually serial numbered when shipped in hand, and now we have a new market place for them through a private party web site cardtarget.com for instant gratification. With eTopps you don't have to wait for cards in the mail, or even pay for postage. You can keep them nice and easily tucked away in eTopps storage - FREE - and have them sent to you at will.

Yes the success of eTopps in 2001 lead to a massive overselling and loss in 2002. But that has been corrected. As pointed out 2003 football, 2003 basketball, 2003 football classics are all three now over their initial costs. Hockey 03 will be the latest. Baseball 03 is down significantly - could be a nice buying opportunity.

By the way - the smart etopps customers know when to buy at IPO and when not too.
    eTopps - Super Premium - No Need to Grade - Awesome Cards
  • Options
    netjr...nice to hear from you, I guess someone over on the Brock board threw a red flag and said they
    needed help here!! So nice of you to run to their aid even though I have already killed the etopps
    beast with those 2002 numbers...Again you mention how many single cards are up and how many are
    down but you don't tell us how many cards those number represet....for every card that is up 50%
    there are 300 cards that are down 50%...how can you tell us that is good?

I know you bought a bunch of 2002 etopps, so what are you just writing them off like the whole
    thing never happened? and events too? I bet if I looked I would see that roughly 80% of all the
    cards sold at 9.50 a pop are losing money now....can we ignore that? and why do the up/down
    numbers not reflect the cost associated with selling the card....there are ALOT of cards that
    sell just above IPO price which after fees means a loss.....why not mention that?

Topps has been taking your money for a long time now but the etopps glasses they gave you are
    only available in one color...rose-colored! What- it took them 3 years of taking your money and
    overproducing their cards for them to realize that if they want to keep customers, they are going to
    have to conform.....but for how long? You know the pool of etoppers are only so big and that the
    money within that pool is limited so if one card goes up then another somewhere has gone down!
    This sudden low printing will only work for a short time, becase topps has prepared to issue more
    and more cards and that only means one thing for you....dropping prices...there just isn't that much
    money out there for etopps and the various stunts that etopps pulled like the 800 dollar Tony Banks
    all but killed it for any newbies.

They killed it back in 2001 printing up 10000 Ichiro's..sure they sold every last one of them but
    that proved that they don't wish to give the collectors anything limited and worth something. It is
    sad that you continue to give them your money when they have done nothing for you...heck they
    can't even spell the players names right and when they finally try to give something to you , they
    give you an autographed etopps card of a semi star! Thanks Wally!

Etopps really had a chance to make a mark in e-cards,but they screwed it when they saw the dollar
    signs and got greedy, they STILL TODAY keep in hand numbers and pit.com numbers a secret and it
    took them almost 2 years to stop the multiple accounts (which still exist).

As far as the load of crap I sold Ronin, for a grand, those cards today are worth 758 dollars and that is
    without selling fees! LOL

I could not think of a worse place to stick your hard earned money than the greedy mouth of etopps.
    Anyone thinking about buying this stuff need only visit the 2002 fact pages and see how many
    thousands of people topps screwed..people have lost hugh amounts of money and the kicker is....
    they don't even own the cards yet!

It was good hearing from you old buddy, tell the old board I said hi and tell Brock to stick when the
    sun don't shine!

Thanks
    JS (BigLou)
  • Options
    Plain and simple etopps sucks
  • Options
    At least you hit with humor Kevin...thats always a good sign. The reason I wanted to post here is becuase things are improving at eTopps. We're having nice gains in the 03 product. No one would try to dispute your concerns about the 02, but please don't assume I bought all my 02's at the eTopps listing price. Nope the likes of Ronin and many others taught me to wait - my 02 sets are great - awesome rookies, super premium cards, and no wasted closet space image The sets are currently up just a tad from where I bought them. The funny thing is I don't have a single set from the early 90's that is worth what I paid for it? Dang...its a good thing I like those sets and my etopps sets because if I were in it for the money I wouldn't be rich...but at least with eTopps I'm not poor either.

By the way the 02's are still quite a value though they've bounced off their bottoms. The 03 baseball is still down nicely too...but the 03 football and basketball are both above IPO image Bummer for a collector - good for specuator and investory types though.

PS...I know Ronin still thinks of you when he takes that Beemer out for a ride image
  • Options
    Hey netjr,
    Just got back from Seattle and checked these boards. I about fell over when I saw your name on here!!! Remember me from the etopps board? I couldn't hang on any longer with etopps. Do you know, or have you heard if Topps is going to advertise their etopps brand anytime soon? In my opinion, thats what is KILLING etopps. People don't know about it!!!
  • Options
    I will no longer participate in ETopps becuz they refused to institute a BIN option. They say they are looking into it for the past 2 years. It became obvious last year that Topps loved to show you the latest closing price and how much your protfolio was worth based on that picture in time, no matter how brief. But every one knows there were individuals that were pumping up the price to sucker other buyers into their cards, closing the next hour or day.

So those of us who listed their cards to sell in 5 or 7 days found much lower prices when those auctions closed. So why can't we offer our cards with BIN at a realistic price? BIN is a standard EBAY option, but not on ETopps. Topps doesn't want it and for their obvious reasons and as such, I will never buy another ETopps card. Plain and simple...it is a scam and many of us fell for it in the initial stages of this scam.
  • Options
    Anyone else remember when their Jose Canseco rookie cards were up 50%? Man those cards were going to make me rich! You haven't made any real money until you actually take the money out of the program.
    Search and Track Auctions Automatically

Collectable
  • Options
    Timc67 Yes I remember your username from the etopps board. I hope you hung on to some things. The eTopps main index broke through 1500 in early to mid December and has since climbed to 1710. Not a bad winter and I honestly didn't expect it. To complete sets I'm actually buying some cards at IPO again - have not done that for a very very long time. Though the rise in the market is forcing more to do what I am and print runs are climbing again - I think we may actually have a cycle thing going on - we'll see.

Yes eTopps needs to advertise, but no one is expecting them too. Their ads last year fell flat on their face and I don't know if they plan to spend millions on TV again or not? I kind of doubt it - we'll see.

We are expecting fantasy sports to roll out with baseball. We're hoping for a new competition fantasy game involving the cards. This will be a great addition to the etopps community experience. No one has any details yet so right now its just hope - though Topps Inc., did mention it in their quarterly report.

• Options
    So how many 2002 Mike Bibby's are you up to now? If I remember correctly, last year you were rounding up as many as you could. Good to talk to you again. image
  • Options
    Just 7 cards short of 25% Two people have hit 40% on two different cards in accumulation...there is a lot of accumulation of players. Bibby is just one of my favorite basketball players. I don't have too many favorite basketball players so I decided to buy his up...and they didnt' put him in the 03 set which bums me out - but its good for my card.