Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

1967 Topps Stand-Ups

2»

Comments

• Options
    GriffinsGriffins Posts: 6,076 ✭✭✭
    The best person to rival Bob in these obscure issues would be Keith Olberman, but he's not on this board. It would be interesting to see what '70 Cloth he's got, and that would give you a decent idea of what was available.

Always looking for Topps Salesman Samples, pre '51 unopened packs, E90-2, E91a, N690 Kalamazoo Bats, and T204 Square Frame Ramly's

• Options
    mikeschmidtmikeschmidt Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭

<< <i>The best person to rival Bob in these obscure issues would be Keith Olberman, but he's not on this board. It would be interesting to see what '70 Cloth he's got, and that would give you a decent idea of what was available. >>

That would be another collection out there for which it would be awesome to have a database in order to increase the understanding of the collecting public....

~ms
    I am actively buying MIKE SCHMIDT gem mint baseball cards. Also looking for any 19th century cabinets of Philadephia Nationals. Please PM with additional details.
  • Options
    JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,247 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bob, I will dig up the 67 Killebrew Stand-Up and perhaps one or two other unusual items. I have never posted a scan on these boards can you (or any one?)give me a quick tutorial? I am working tons of hours and have much of my stuff packed away, so I might not get around to it real fast. Are you interested in regional issues or just the nation wide stuff?

I wonder what some of the old time collectors have. The ones who couldn't care less about computers or the internet. When I picked up some of my "oddball" items from a dealer in Minneapolis 10-15 years ago (Shane C. at Grand Slam Collectibles) he didn't bat an eye on availability. Only price, which seemed a little pricey then, but in the long run, were bargains. I also spoke with a dealer at one of the Nationals that said there were many of the 1960 Post out there. You don't see many of them floating around.

From reading these threads, I would say that Bob has a tremendous collection and a vast knowledge of the obscure items out there.

JoeBanzai
    2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set
  • Options
    QUITCRABQUITCRAB Posts: 1,016 ✭✭✭
    How about the 1971 bazooka numbered boxes-has anyone ever seen a full numbered box? I personally believe they dont exist,even thought the big scd book list it. Numberd singles are around, but numbered panels are almost impossible to find.I think the 61 dice game is by far the toughest issue followed buy the 68 topps disc-this is just my opinion-I try to get to a lot of shows in the northeast and I look at a lot of catologs sent to the house-what I never see in the for sale in the catolog or at shows are 61 dice games and 68 disc (now I am not saying that the other hard to find issues show up a lot )-I collect Brooks Robinson cards-I would bet money that no one could send me a scan of the 61 dice game Robinson-I would love to see it! Even if you cant send a scan can anyone here say they have ever seen that card at a show-I saw the 61 dice game of mantle in philly-it had a pin hole in the top-mr mint was selling it.
  • Options
    bobsbbcardsbobsbbcards Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I have never posted a scan on these boards can you (or any one?)give me a quick tutorial? >>

Joe,

Easiest way is to have your picture hosted elsewhere on the Internet. If that's not an option, follow these steps:

(1) Type in your message for your post.
    (2) Click on the "Attach File(s)" button below your text message.
    (3) Another Window comes up. Click the "Browse" button at the top and locate your picture on your hard drive.
    (4) Once the file name appears in the "File" field (next to the "Browse" button), you can click the "Upload File" icon on the right. As long as your scan isn't too large, it will be uploaded to the CU website.
    (5) File name should now appear in the File Listings section of the window. Highlight the file you just uploaded, and click "Attach File" at the bottom of the window. The window now goes away and you're back to your editing window for your post. The file you just attached will appear in the "Attachments" field below your message.
    (6) Click the "Reply to Thread" button.
    (7) Once your post appears in the thread, immediately click the word "Edit" at the right bottom of your post. An editing window will appear (exactly like the one where you entered your message).
    (8) Scroll back down to your message which already appears in the thread.
    (9) Right click on the attachment text (underlined blue filename) and choose "Copy Link Location."
    (10) Scroll back up to your editing window, click the Picture icon (4th from the left), paste the link location in the edit field and click OK. The picture link will go at the end of your message, so you'll have to move it somewhere else if that's not where you want it.
    (11) Click "Preview" to make sure everything looks all right.
    (12) Click "Edit Message" to record your changes.

Sorry you asked? image

If you do have your pictures hosted on another website:

(1) Type in your message for your post.
    (2) Start up another browser window and navigate to the website that has your picture (for example, http://www.bobsbbcards.com/images/baseball/1967/1967toppsstandups/67ToppsStandUpRose.jpg).
    (3) Copy the URL.
    (4) Return to the browser window where you were entering your post.
    (5) Click the Picture icon (fourth from the left) above your message.
    (6) Paste the copied URL into the window as the URL for the image. Click OK.
    (7) HTML code with image tags around the picture URL appears at the end of your message. Again, if you don't want your picture to appear at the end of your message, you can move it to somewhere else.
    (8) Click "Preview" to make sure everything looks all right.
    (9) Click the "Reply to Thread" button to add your message to the thread.

A little bit easier. In response to your question about whether I'm/we're interested in regionals or just nationwide stuff, I think it's safe to say that everyone here is interested in seeing pictures of anything and everything. If you think it's cool, it's a safe bet we do too.

Bob
  • Options
    1. Scan card and save to your computer.

2. Use this hosting site:
    Hosting site

3. Click browse button to find your saved scan

4. Click "host it!"

5. Copy the entire last web address ("Direct Link to Image")

6. Within a CU thread, click the picture icon (fourth button from the left under "Message Text:") and paste the link.
    “Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.” - George Carlin
  • Options
    Thanks for the help, let's see if I can follow directions.

Here's the 67 StandUp.

I like it!

JoeBanzaiimage
    2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set
  • Options
    Hey, I did it! Should I reduce the image for future pictures? How about by 50%? This is kind of fun, I hope you enjoyed the picture. By the way there was a short-lived radio show about baseball cards a few years ago on a local Minneapolis station, when I called in asking what they thought this was worth, they tried to tell me I had a 1964 StandUp. I argued a bit, got nowhere and said goodby.

Anyone have the 1968 Killebrew Disc?

Joe
  • Options
    Joe,

Great card! Kind of big, but still really great. Did I mention it was big?

Bob

P.S. I don't have the '68 Killebrew disc. Go fish.
  • Options
    I really like it better when a woman tells me it's really big, but I'll accept the compliment in this case.

Here's another nice item I picked up a while back. I made it smaller just for you Bob.

Joe

• Options
    Joe,

Again, great card, and I appreciate the smallness of it. I got carpal tunnel vision from scrolling up and down trying to see that last scan. Does your comic have the dreaded three glue spots on top (where the pack sealed), or is it clean?

Bob

P.S. As much as I followed Harmon's career, I don't remember him ever leading a pack of bat wielding men in a game of capture the flag in the Himalayas (the things you pick up on these boards!).
  • Options
    Comic is clean and corners are perfect. I picked it up at the "National" several years ago when it was in St. Louis. I can't remember the dealers name but he had quite a few different of these comics and they were ALL mint. I think most of them were never issued as there were no fold lines on them. He also had some that were as issued. Did they come wrapped around a big piece of gum?

Here's the companion piece.

This one is not as nice, near mint at best.

Joe
  • Options
  • Options
    One more before I go to bed. A regional issue. Too big for the scanner. I will try to find the best piece tomorrow.

• Options
    Does anyone have a scan of the Clemente from the 67 Stand-Ups? I'd love to see one if they did.
    kev

keeping my ears open for oddball cards of Rose from the 60's and 70's.
  • Options
    Thanks Bob, you just seem to have the coolest stuff. Do you have a webpage with any of your cards on display?
    kev

keeping my ears open for oddball cards of Rose from the 60's and 70's.
  • Options

<< <i>Thanks Bob, you just seem to have the coolest stuff. Do you have a webpage with any of your cards on display? >>

Not yet. Too many cards, not enough time. I might get more shelves put up soon, although that won't help you view the cards unless you live with me.

You don't do you? image

If you want to look at other '67 Stand Ups, you can just keep changing the player's name in the following URL:

http://www.bobsbbcards.com/images/baseball/1967/1967toppsstandups/67ToppsStandUpClemente.jpg

As long as you guess right and the player was actually in the set, you'll get an image. When you get to Richie Allen, you can cry along with me that some ignoramus tore off the upper right corner of the card. Sniff. image
  • Options
    bob
    sgc doesnt mark it proof variety?
    does sgc grade the the thick variety?
    larry
  • Options
    Larry,
    No, they don't mark proof or otherwise. I think Andrew (67Standup) tried to get SGC to slab his thick, die-cut Yaz Stand-Up but they said they couldn't do it. I don't know if it's because it was too thick or not.

For those of you who don't know, PSA doesn't slab the thinner proof cards.
    Bob