Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

i got ripped off on eaby!!!! need help?

Bought a lot on january 4th and still didnt recieve it. person gave me 2 tracking #s now one was invalid and one was going to a totally different state. there full of sh$t!!!! what do i do now? how do i report fraud?

Comments

• Options
    qualitycardsqualitycards Posts: 2,811 ✭✭✭
    How much $ are we talking about?
    Getting screwed stinks if its a $1.00 or $1k, but the higher the amount the more the authorities listen.
    I believe a felony is for amounts exceeding $500.00...jay
  • Options
    kuhlmannkuhlmann Posts: 3,326 ✭✭
    30$ with shipping but its the principal!! total bullsh$t lies.
  • Options
    i took a shot on a lot for 30$ with shipping. person had perfect feedback but only 8. they didnt sell nothing but musical stuff. so i saw a lot of cards and went for it now im paying for it!!! I got nothing in return!
  • Options
    qualitycardsqualitycards Posts: 2,811 ✭✭✭
    Whats the duration? Sometimes you will receive your lot when you least expect it.
    Ask 1420 about an Ashburn card that he figured he'd never see...jay
  • Options
    DURATION???? IF YOU MEAN HOW MANY ITS OVER 100!!! THING THAT GETS ME IS THEY EMAIL ME WITH A TRACKING # THATS INVALID AND THEN ONE THATS GOING 10 STATES AWAY FROM ME?? THIS IS CALLED STALLING I THINK!! NOW IF I LEAVE A NEGATIVE I GET ONE IN RETURN. THIS HAS HAPPENED TO ME 5 TIMES ALREADY. SO I DONT FEEL LIKE LEAVING NEGS ANYMORE. JUST TOTALY PI$$ED OFF!! I GUESS YOU TELL BC IM TYPING ALL IN CAPS!!
  • Options
    pandrewspandrews Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭

<< <i>DURATION???? IF YOU MEAN HOW MANY ITS OVER 100!!! THING THAT GETS ME IS THEY EMAIL ME WITH A TRACKING # THATS INVALID AND THEN ONE THATS GOING 10 STATES AWAY FROM ME?? THIS IS CALLED STALLING I THINK!! NOW IF I LEAVE A NEGATIVE I GET ONE IN RETURN. THIS HAS HAPPENED TO ME 5 TIMES ALREADY. SO I DONT FEEL LIKE LEAVING NEGS ANYMORE. JUST TOTALY PI$$ED OFF!! I GUESS YOU TELL BC IM TYPING ALL IN CAPS!! >>

5 times? how often do you leave negs? as a buyer, I dont think Ive ever had to leave feedback worse than a neutral.. as a seller, I've left 1 or 2 negs..
    ·p_A·
  • Options
    I am a mostly a seller. over 1300 positives. 8 of those negs are not my fault. and the one that was, was a 1.00$ card that the corner was knicked during shipping! i could of left 50 more negs but i chose not to i just file non paying bidder.

I have never looked into a fraud seller, never had this problem so this is new to me thats why i ask.
  • Options

<< <i>I am a mostly a seller. over 1300 positives. 8 of those negs are not my fault. and the one that was, was a 1.00$ card that the corner was knicked during shipping! i could of left 50 more negs but i chose not to i just file non paying bidder.

I have never looked into a fraud seller, never had this problem so this is new to me thats why i ask. >>

ive been selling on ebay for less than 6 months.. lately Ive been finding out what a pain in the arse Non Paying Bidders are..
    ·p_A·
  • Options
    RobERobE Posts: 1,160 ✭✭
    Did you get on the phone with this person?

Before going any further I'd suggest trying to call them.
  • Options
    options-

file a fraud alert w/ebay's safe harbor division- they're VERY responsive in my experience
    file a fraud claim w/paypal if you paid through paypal- you ONLY have 30 days from auction close to do this- again they're VERY responsive in my experience

good luck
  • Options
    Duration- The time an event lasts. The time from one date to another.

"The duration of the time the auction ended to the time I recieved my package was 10 days"
    Always wanting odd-ball Nolan Ryan's.
  • Options

<< <i>Duration- The time an event lasts. The time from one date to another.

"The duration of the time the auction ended to the time I recieved my package was 10 days" >>

well said, Mr. Webster.
    ·p_A·
  • Options
    DeutscherGeistDeutscherGeist Posts: 2,990 ✭✭✭✭
    Kuhlmann,

We are on your side. Do file with paypal AND credit card company if you paid that method. Credit card companies are very responsive about fraud. They helped me out. You are still within the time frame. The credit card company will require proof of sending your item from the seller within a few days and if he is unable to provide it (which seems to be the case), then you win the case easily. Try it and tell us what happened.
    "So many of our DREAMS at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we SUMMON THE WILL they soon become INEVITABLE "- Christopher Reeve

BST: Tennessebanker, Downtown1974, LarkinCollector, nendee
  • Options
    The ebayer you thought you were buying from could have been a hijacked acct.My ebay acct was hijacked two weeks ago.I have perfect feedback of 348+ as YAYAIMHIPIMHIP.Had to create a new email and ebay acct as YAIMHIP2 which I hope is temporarily.They also got to my registered ebay email address.This allowed them to pretend to be me while I couldn't login to view my emails which also prevented me from resetting my ebay password.Today was finally able to get in and update info in my hotmail acct.Able to reset and enter ebay acct.OUCH!!!As of today YAYAIMHIPIMHIP is still suspended.We are at a point now were this will take a phone call with ebay to verify personal info before suspension is lifted.
    Not saying this is your case,but from the sounds of it I think it's possible.

Jeff
    COLLECT KEN GRIFFEY JR BGS 9.5 AND PSA 10'S THAT HAS NOT YET FOUND THEIR WAY INTO THE GREATEST GRADED GRIFFEY COLLECTION TO BE AMASSED....
    REF>EBAY
    scrubTK@aol.com
    hoorayforsocks24@yahoo.com
    Bruinswillraisethecup
    Dillpickles12772
    Tony27
  • Options

<< <i>The ebayer you thought you were buying from could have been a hijacked acct.My ebay acct was hijacked two weeks ago.I have perfect feedback of 348+ as YAYAIMHIPIMHIP.Had to create a new email and ebay acct as YAIMHIP2 which I hope is temporarily.They also got to my registered ebay email address.This allowed them to pretend to be me while I couldn't login to view my emails which also prevented me from resetting my ebay password.Today was finally able to get in and update info in my hotmail acct.Able to reset and enter ebay acct.OUCH!!!As of today YAYAIMHIPIMHIP is still suspended.We are at a point now were this will take a phone call with ebay to verify personal info before suspension is lifted.
    Not saying this is your case,but from the sounds of it I think it's possible.

Jeff >>

I feel bad for you because you lost all of your original feedbacks and have to start over again. That stinks!!