Home U.S. Coin Forum

So - Coin threads around here get maybe 10-15 responses on average, while a whiny idiot gets over 10

Comments

• BAJJERFANBAJJERFAN Posts: 31,065 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Something about a giant sucking sound and this thread going south I think.
    theknowitalltroll;
  • I have absolutely nothing to say
  • Dog97Dog97 Posts: 7,874 ✭✭✭
    Without mentioning any thread specifically but crybaby threads in general it's because losers can relate to other losers and it gives them something to talk about.
    Post a real man's thread and only 3 people & LucyBop will reply to it.
    Change that we can believe in is that change which is 90% silver.
  • rottnrogrottnrog Posts: 683 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Gee, Frank, we have to sleep, too. 50 by 9AM! >>

Lets try for 60!! image

• << <i>Post a real man's thread and only 3 people & LucyBop will reply to it. >>

• Well I guess I'll join in to this madness! image
    SNIKT!
    You are doing well, subject 15837. You are a good person.
  • EvilMCTEvilMCT Posts: 799 ✭✭✭
    Ditto.

Ken
    my knuckles, they bleed, on your front door
  • quit your whining!imageimage
    Today's mighty oak is just yesterday's nut that held its ground.
  • ShamikaShamika Posts: 18,776 ✭✭✭✭
    Hey, contraversy is the spice of this place.
    Buyer and seller of vintage coin boards!
  • I was very surprised to see another 100 posts on the perro thread since yesterday. I'm not even going to waste my time reading them. Bring on the coins!!!!
    Robert Getty - Lifetime project to complete the finest collection of 1872 dated coins.
  • your post right here is proof in it's own right.
  • If everybody liked the same type of coins then maybe good coin posts would get more responses but since the average coin posts only appeals to the few collectors who like that particular series it has limited interest. Now when it comes to WI's everybody has an opinion about them so many more people express their views. WOW did I just create a new internet abbreviation??? WI's short for you know what/who.
    First you have to stop and ask yourself what a pero really is, what it does, and what it's about.
    A pero is what a cajun calls his boat.
    It's kinda like a canoe, actually a cross between a kyak & canoe.
    It's a very highly unstable water craft and you have to be an expert to handle it.
    It's narrow and turns over very easy and you get wet or drown but it's narrow on purpose so the cajuns can slip through the tree stumps in the swamp more easy while running from gators while chasing mudbugs.
    You guys have actually been flaming an unstable cajun canoe.
  • Now I am.....
  • getting....
  • just a..........
  • little pissed.......
  • seeing all of you
  • nwcsnwcs Posts: 13,386 ✭✭✭
    I'll make one post in the cheat thread... image
  • people using this thread....
  • for cheating purposes!!!!!!!!!!image
  • One more thing......... If I see one more of you idiots post to the "perro" thread I'm gonna get "vrtech99" to come over and open up a can of Arkansas "WhupAss" on ya'all!!!image
  • I'll offer up a serious answer to the question..

The reason is, everyone can weigh in on a controversy like that which has little to do with coins. Everyone has an opinion, and it's easy to pop off a 2 line reply weighing in on a post like that.

However, not everyone has the expertise to weigh in on each coin post. We all have our expertise in different areas, and while I might know a lot about one thing, I know nothing about the next.

Then take for instance that thread about the textile toning on coins. Those coins were gorgeous!! I read many threads showing off really nice coins every day, but don't make any comments. Wouldn't you all get bored with the same generic reply: "Wow!! Cool coin!! Thanks for sharing!" While that is what I'm thinking, I have nothing else to contribute. I don't own a textile toned coin, I don't think I will ever purchase one.

So a non-coin topic with controversy generates interest, and everyone can weigh in. It's sad, because the content is not what this board is about, but that's just reality.

As far as sample slabs go, I can help you there too: No one cares. Myself included.
    Tim
    <<<One more thing......... If I see one more of you idiots post to the "perro" thread I'm gonna get "vrtech99" to come over and open up a can of Arkansas "WhupAss" on ya'all!!!>>>

Come on down to Bama & I'll show you some genuine country boy whupass.
  • calgolddivercalgolddiver Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree with Tsimmerdown. I look at many of the fantastic coins posted yet comment on very few.
    Top 25 Type Set 1792 to present

Top 10 Cal Fractional Type Set

successful BST with Ankurj, BigAl, Bullsitter, CommemKing, DCW(7), Elmerfusterpuck, Joelewis, Mach1ne, Minuteman810430, Modcrewman, Nankraut, Nederveit2, Philographer(5), Realgator, Silverpop, SurfinxHI, TomB and Yorkshireman(3)

• BAJJERFANBAJJERFAN Posts: 31,065 ✭✭✭✭✭
    <<"You guys have actually been flaming an unstable cajun canoe.">>

Yu mean a pirou? I'm one a them Nawthern boys but I know a pero aint a canoe.

theknowitalltroll;
  • MacCoinMacCoin Posts: 2,544 ✭✭
    this image thread will go over 100 post too

I hate it when you see my post before I can edit the spelling.

Always looking for nice type coins

my local dealer
  • mgoodm3mgoodm3 Posts: 17,497 ✭✭✭
    If we all take the time to make useless comments like "cool" or a nondescript smily we'll all be better for it.
    coinimaging.com/my photography articles Check out the new macro lens testing section
    <<<Yu mean a pirou?>>>
    Yeah that's it BAJJERFAN you know what I'm talking about. Scuse my spelling.
    I can say it anyhow, pronounced pee-row.

• Working toward 100 image
  • perro = dog in spanish
  • So let me get this right- if we get to 100 posts is this some sort of statement against the "Perro" type threads, or is it a plea for me to keep my mouth shut?? image

• << <i>So let me get this right- if we get to 100 posts is this some sort of statement against the "Perro" type threads, or is it a plea for me to keep my mouth shut?? >>

These two things are not mutually exclusive. image
  • Thanks Curley Joe image

• << <i><<<One more thing......... If I see one more of you idiots post to the "perro" thread I'm gonna get "vrtech99" to come over and open up a can of Arkansas "WhupAss" on ya'all!!!>>>

Come on down to Bama & I'll show you some genuine country boy whupass. >>

Dog97...... Smile when you say that "mutt"!image
  • LAWMANLAWMAN Posts: 1,274 ✭✭
    There are no knowns. There are things we know that we know. There are known unknowns — that is to say, there are things that we now know we don't know, but there are also unknown unknowns — things we do not know we don't know.

—Zen Master Rumsfeld

DSW
  • I live in Florida and no one intentionally goes to "BAMA". We pass through a lot because it is blocking our way to important places!!!
    Your friend on the Redneck Riviera!!!!!
    Jeffnpcb!
    And stop your whining!
    HEAD TUCKED AND ROLLING ALONG ENJOYING THE VIEW! [Most people I know!]

NEVER LET HIPPO MOUTH OVERLOAD HUMMINGBIRD BUTT!!!

WORK HARDER!!!!
    Millions on WELFARE depend on you!
  • Doing my part to get this over 100 responses...
    I like chiliimage

• << <i>Start the thread off with the word "Barber" and you can hear the crickets and snores in the background >>

Miller Barber was a pretty good golfer, back in the day...
  • mgoodm3mgoodm3 Posts: 17,497 ✭✭✭
    90 for ya.
    coinimaging.com/my photography articles Check out the new macro lens testing section
  • I'll jump in again for the team!

SNIKT!
    You are doing well, subject 15837. You are a good person.
  • mdwoodsmdwoods Posts: 5,544 ✭✭✭
    Quit whining for cryin out loud. That's my job.image
    National Register Of Big Trees

We'll use our hands and hearts and if we must we'll use our heads.
  • LAWMANLAWMAN Posts: 1,274 ✭✭
    "Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing ever happened."
    Sir Winston Churchill
    DSW
  • I`m bored right now so, what heck I`ll sign on. For safe measure that I don`t get an ankle bite from the " Cigar Smoking Pug image " , I`ll post a pic of one of my Walkers that is my current icon. image

imageimage
  • Nice Walker CCR!image
  • JRoccoJRocco Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I said it before and I will repeat it again...I am not going to get sucked into this thread----no way-no how !!!
    Some coins are just plain "Interesting"
  • Whoops forgot somthin!image My icon.
  • SeattleSlammerSeattleSlammer Posts: 9,970 ✭✭✭✭✭
    i think this is reply number 98.....
  • MrEurekaMrEureka Posts: 24,194 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This thread will never hit 100!
    Andy Lustig

Doggedly collecting coins of the Central American Republic.

Visit the Society of US Pattern Collectors at USPatterns.com.

• << <i>This thread will never hit 100! >>

Wanna bet!image

Okay FC57 I was the 100th poster, now what's the prize!image

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file