Home U.S. Coin Forum

And, the lambs are led to slaughter, the sheep to shearing.

RussRuss Posts: 48,514 ✭✭✭
How about $200 worth of junk coins for over $1400?

These sellers who hype up this PCI, NTC and Trugrade garbage with ridiculous value claims make me want to puke. This coinmovers is a relatively new entry to this con game, and has quickly become one of the most prolific.

Russ, NCNE

Comments

• RGLRGL Posts: 3,784
    What a rip ... Trugrades based on inflated CU prices! And, the return privilege is less than comforting:

<FONT face=Tahoma>"If in the unlikely event you are ever unsatisfied with your purchase for any reason, know that CoinMovers works very hard to reach acceptable resolution. We do accept returns and are flexible on the arrangements as they may need to be made. Your satisfaction is always 100% guaranteed."</FONT>
  • Bleating and babbling the seller fell on their necks with a scream...image
    What is money, in reality, but dirty pieces of paper and metal upon which privilege is stamped?
  • airplanenutairplanenut Posts: 22,112 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That JFK wouldn't even go CAM image
    JK Coin Photography - eBay Consignments | High Quality Photos | LOW Prices | 20% of Consignment Proceeds Go to Pancreatic Cancer Research
  • So it looks like the winner picked up the collection for
    less than 1/10th of it's value !
    Guess he's a happy camper, for a while.

Never bought anything on eBay and, until I'm convinced
    it's a great way to go, never will !!!
  • When I first read your post, I assumed this was going to be another Blue Moon auction. But even they're not this lame!

This auction is literally for a big pile of crap!

• Coinmovers sales on eBay for the last 30 Days................

Number of auctions: 298
    Number of auctions resulting in a sale: 283 (94.97%)

Number of regular auctions: 298
    Regular auctions with sale: 283 (94.97%)

Average number of bids per auction: 9.6

Average high bid: 78.56
    Average sale price: 78.56

Total value of all high bids: 22,232.23
    Total actual sales: 22,232.23

ANA Member R-213302
  • ms70ms70 Posts: 13,953 ✭✭✭✭✭

I noticed a large number of TruGrade slabs at The Parsippany Show this month dispersed over 3 or 4 different tables. I was kind of
    surprised as I never saw so many at once. I'm still wondering why all of a sudden they made such a big appearance.

Great transactions with oih82w8, JasonGaming, Moose1913.

• BillJonesBillJones Posts: 33,880 ✭✭✭✭✭
    When the featured coin in the lot is OBVIOUSLY NOT a PR-70 deep cameo Proof when it is graded as such, one can only wonder how bad the rest of the stuff is. imageimage
    Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?
  • TrooperTrooper Posts: 1,450
    Basically

Dazzle them with brilliance and baffle them with Bull----....

<< As such CoinMovers, its principals and representatives cannot guarantee a profit nor guarantee against a loss for any coin you buy or sell based on the information contained in the Collectors Universe Price Guide or in our eBay auctions.>>

Tom
  • dorkkarldorkkarl Posts: 12,691 ✭✭✭

<< <i>the sheep to shearing >>

didn't numised get booted for talking 'bout sheep?

K S
  • baccarudabaccaruda Posts: 2,588 ✭✭
    Looks like a pretty good deal to me. That Pr70 Kennedy alone is worth $150,000 - and he pretty much gave it away for free.

This guy should get the "good samaritan of the year" award.

1 Tassa-slap
    2 Cam-Slams!
    1 Russ POTD!
  • BillJonesBillJones Posts: 33,880 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Looks like a pretty good deal to me. That Pr70 Kennedy alone is worth $150,000 - and he pretty much gave it away for free.

This guy should get the "good samaritan of the year" award. >>

... And did you say 40 acres and a MULE?imageimageimage
    Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?
  • MSD61MSD61 Posts: 3,382
    I've been seeing this guy's stuff all over ebay. I don't know who trugrade or PCI is so I stay clear. But we know there's always someone willing to buyimage

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file