Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

1919(s) SLQ (PCGS-MS67FH) STOLEN: NO QUESTIONS ASKED $5,000 REWARD

13»

Comments

• Options
    I want to thank everyone over at NGC for all the help in the recovery of this coin and in particular, Mark Salzberg. From just seeing a photo of the coin from the flyer I handed him back in March he immediately recognized it when submitted at the Baltimore show and sent it down to NGC offices to begin the investigative process. I will be receiving the coin later this week and am obviously thrilled to be getting it back. The submitter of the coin has contacted me and we are trying to track it back to the person that took it. For now, I am just pleased it was not damaged or dipped. It is as pristine as it was when I first purchased it. There was no insurance coverage for the coin as it was classified as a mysterious disappearance.
    David Schweitz
  • Options
    mgoodm3mgoodm3 Posts: 17,497 ✭✭✭
    glad to hear that it has come back.image
    coinimaging.com/my photography articles Check out the new macro lens testing section
  • Options
    jomjom Posts: 3,418 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yay! Glad to hear you will be getting the coin back. image

jom
  • Options
    ziggy29ziggy29 Posts: 18,668 ✭✭✭

We're all happy for you, David. And it is very, very nice to see that an absolute numismatic treasure such as this one has not been damaged or lost forever.
  • Options
    BaleyBaley Posts: 22,659 ✭✭✭✭✭
    VERY happy to hear that the coin was recovered! image

Liberty: Parent of Science & Industry

• Options
    EvilMCTEvilMCT Posts: 799 ✭✭✭
    Congrats! Now if they can just find the one(s) responsible. . .

Ken
    my knuckles, they bleed, on your front door
  • Options
    ms70ms70 Posts: 13,951 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm very glad that it's going to be back home with the rightful owner! When the time is appropriate, please let us know the particulars
    of the investigation. It will be very satisfying to watch step by step of how a coin thief goes down.

Great transactions with oih82w8, JasonGaming, Moose1913.

• Options
    relayerrelayer Posts: 10,570
    My posts viewed image times
    since 8/1/6
  • Options
    MrEurekaMrEureka Posts: 24,069 ✭✭✭✭✭
    We apparently have a really, really stupid thief on our hands. I look forward to future details.
    Andy Lustig

Doggedly collecting coins of the Central American Republic.

Visit the Society of US Pattern Collectors at USPatterns.com.
  • Options
    gratz and glad you recovered your loss remember hogs will digest all but finger nails just a thought for the person who did that
    9/11/01 NEVER FORGET

12/14/03 Bremer Confirms U.S. Captured Saddam

Joe Holt

joe_holt@bellsouth.net

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file