Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Heritage online bidding "after hours" - how does this happen???????

When the Heritage Signature online bidding ended last nite, I was high bidder on a particular lot. I checked after the end of online bidding and again earlier today and I still showed as high bidder (numbers in GREEN). Now at 3pm this afternoon, I get an email from Heritage that says I've been outbid. Is there "after hours" bidding or is their system that bad that it takes 18 hours to update bids??? Seem screwy to me - anyone else had this happen and understand WHY or HOW???????????
Craig
If I had it my way, stupidity would be painful!

Comments

• Options
    I think the bidding stopped at 12 noon. At least my consignments kept getting hits til then!!
  • Options
    RussRuss Posts: 48,515 ✭✭✭
    You may have been outbid in the floor auction or eBay Live.

Russ, NCNE
  • Options
    Confusing huh? Welcome to the club!...image
    What is money, in reality, but dirty pieces of paper and metal upon which privilege is stamped?
  • Options
    jdimmickjdimmick Posts: 9,612 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It may be from last minute faxed in Bids, they still take them if you can get hold of someone.

And I think this is a little unfair, becuase someone knows the last Internet bid the night before and can fax in one to the floor just a tad higher than that and become high bidder. Only then can a floor bidder beat it, unless of cousre its over 4k, which you can live phone it.

• Options
    ColorfulcoinsColorfulcoins Posts: 3,363 ✭✭✭
    Ahhhhh...must be the fax bid as the floor bidding hadn't (and hasn't) begun yet..........
    Craig
    If I had it my way, stupidity would be painful!
  • Options
    FatManFatMan Posts: 8,977
    Their site is updated after the fact. The best place to see if you win an auction is to go to ebay and see what they have as the winning bid. I find them to be a little more accurate at times as they are hooked into the actual auction.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file