Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

FUNsters - What are you going to be looking for at the show?

For me - being of tight budget, I'm going to be looking for raw coins - bargain type stuff - maybe even a little (gasp) nicely toned darkside matter. How about you guys? Do you have your radars set on an illusive gem?

Comments

• Options
    jbstevenjbsteven Posts: 6,178
    high grade white common date and CC morgans and a few toners.
  • Options
    ArtRArtR Posts: 474 ✭✭✭

<< <i> Do you have your radars set on an illusive gem? >>

Yes I Do!!!!!! Just have to beat Gsaguy, and monsterman to itimage
    If It doesn't have great eye appeal, I don't want it.
  • Options
    Art - I'll block for ya image
  • Options
    TootawlTootawl Posts: 5,877 ✭✭✭
    1912 Saint, either AU58 or MS60. Not raw.
    Errors also.
    PCGS Currency: HOF 2013, Best Low Ball Set 2009-2014, 2016, 2018. Appreciation Award 2015, Best Showcase 2018, Numerous others.
  • Options
    A Blast White Gem Later Date Merc and a few Mint State Frankies =D
    -George
    42/92
  • Options
    RYKRYK Posts: 35,796 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dahlonega and New Orleans No Motto gold. 1916-D merc dime in PCGS Fr-2 or AG-3. Perhaps a Chain cent.

I hope to meet you, Frank!
  • Options
    ArtRArtR Posts: 474 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Art - I'll block for ya >>

Frank, I can see you blocking Gsaguy, but I honestly can not picture you blocking monsterman.imageimage

I'll see you at the show.
    If It doesn't have great eye appeal, I don't want it.
  • Options
    rkfishrkfish Posts: 2,617 ✭✭✭
    Artr,

I'll have to agree with you......never seen Frank but anyone can block GSAGUYimageimage but I'm
    not sure about the "monsterman" myself......he's still a big guy !!image
    Steve

Check out my PQ selection of Morgan & Peace Dollars, and more at:
    WWW.PQDOLLARS.COM or WWW.GILBERTCOINS.COM
  • Options

Lincolns. In particular, I'm looking for high grade teens and twenties.
  • Options
    UncleJoeUncleJoe Posts: 2,528 ✭✭✭
    I will be looking for a lot of raw circulated type coins mostly Liberty Seated.

Joe.
  • Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,423 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nothing really specific, but generally:

A holey Bust dollar and/or some earlier holed gold for my hat (world or US)

Red King George coppers

1901-dated coinage of the British Empire with Queen Victoria's portrait, in high grade

Gold plated State quarters.

Yeah, you read that right- I am actually gonna buy gold plated State quarters. Last year at FUN I bought ten of each state and 20+ Georgias, for about a buck a pop, took 'em home, put 'em out in my mall booth at $2.50 each, and sold 'em like crazy. I laughed at myself for buying the silly things last year, but when I started making more than double my money on 'em, I began to see the light. Sometimes an "experienced numismatist" can learn a thing or two from the novices. In time, I will probably put some of those things in cheap bezels for necklaces. If I can get some bezels for a buck or two each, I can get even more for the quarters, I would think.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options

<< <i>A holey Bust dollar and/or some earlier holed gold for my hat (world or US) >>

I'll bring my Black & Decker chordless if that'll help image
  • Options
    keetskeets Posts: 25,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    hey Frank

i'll have my radar set for all forum members who choose to stand and be counted!!!!image you might notice me walking with Mdwoods unless he's got that thong on, in which case i'll be following at a safe distance!!image

as far as coins, it'll be 1939 and 1940 Jefferson proof varieties, a nice Draped Bust half-cent, toned pre-1936 Commems, 1930-1935 toned Buffalos, an affordable Isabella and any sweet SC$'s i can snag.

al h.image
  • Options
    TonekillerTonekiller Posts: 1,308 ✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i> Do you have your radars set on an illusive gem? >>

Yes I Do!!!!!! Just have to beat Gsaguy, and monsterman to itimage >>

Get in line Mr. King!
  • Options
    FatManFatMan Posts: 8,977
    A gem commem or two and always on the lookout for original XF-AU Dahlonega Half Eagle.image

<< <i>i'll have my radar set for all forum members who choose to stand and be counted!!!!image >>

I'll see y'all there.image
  • Options
    a blast white 1894s Morgan Dollar. I'm driving three hours for that specific purpose,

and on the off chance I'll meet up with a few of you knuckleheads. image
    "I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather did, as opposed to screaming in terror like his passengers."
  • Options
    dpooledpoole Posts: 5,940 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wanna meet Frank!

Also will have my eyes open for a nice 3CN proof, though I'm actually kinda open for any good deal.
  • Options
    stmanstman Posts: 11,352 ✭✭✭✭✭
    OK, see y'all there. I'll be the one "Cherrypicking" all the blast white JFK's and ummm Franklins. I know everybody will want to meet me.
    Please... Save The Stories, Just Answer My Questions, And Tell Me How Much!!!!!
  • Options

<< <i>I wanna meet Frank! >>

The pug will seek you out Doc! image
  • Options
    since I have no idea who anyone is, or what they look like, save a few like that cigar smoking pug,

If you see someone wearing a leather Harley Davidson cap and this --------> image emblem on his vest.

that would be me.
    "I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather did, as opposed to screaming in terror like his passengers."
  • Options
    I usually add my CU name to my ID tag, in the off chance somebody will notice and will care.

Maybe the rest of you folks could do that?!

Frank--just don't shave. You'll be easy to find. image

• Options
    foodudefoodude Posts: 3,555 ✭✭✭
    usually add my CU name to my ID tag, in the off chance somebody will notice and will care. Ditto.

For those that want a CU pin, visit the PCGS, and ask for a Forum Member pin- hopefully they have one for you.
    Greg Allen Coins, LLC Show Schedule: https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/573044/our-show-schedule-updated-10-2-16 Authorized dealer for NGC, PCGS, CAC, and QA. Member of PNG, RTT (Founding Platinum Member), FUN, MSNS, and NCBA (formerly ICTA); Life Member of ANA and CSNS. NCBA Board member. "GA3" on CCE.
  • Options
    I'll be wearing a red polo shirt with a Coca-Cola logo on the front. I'll have my PCGS pin on. I'm also 6'7".
    PCGS Currency: HOF 2013, Best Low Ball Set 2009-2014, 2016, 2018. Appreciation Award 2015, Best Showcase 2018, Numerous others.
  • Options
    DHeathDHeath Posts: 8,472 ✭✭✭
    Frank, sounds like me, you, and Stman might be rumaging through the same junkpiles.image Stman will be pretending they're for a friend. image

I hope to run into some of you buys and girls there on Thursday or Friday. Truth is, I don't ever know what I'm going to buy at a show. I always have this nice want list, and it lasts until I fall in love. Love is usually expensive. LOL

Developing theory is what we are meant to do as academic researchers
    and it sets us apart from practitioners and consultants. Gregor
  • Options

David,

Sounds like a good idea. I'll put jacktheknife under my name.
  • Options

<< <i>Frank, sounds like me, you, and Stman might be rumaging through the same junkpiles.image Stman will be pretending they're for a friend. image >>

Don - we'll steer him to all the "nicely toned material" image
  • Options
    For those that want a CU pin, visit the PCGS, and ask for a Forum Member pin- hopefully they have one for you.

Good deal! I'll do that!

Jacktheknife--this mean you're gonna be on the Bourse Fri am??

• Options
    labloverlablover Posts: 3,608 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm going to be looking for Frank, heck with the coins.image
    "If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers
  • Options
    Sounds like a possee's going to be after me - remember guys - if I see ya - I'll be taking a picture of you!! image
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Frank, sounds like me, you, and Stman might be rumaging through the same junkpiles.image Stman will be pretending they're for a friend. image >>

Don - we'll steer him to all the "nicely toned material" image >>

Great, so since we will be hanging out togetherimage So you guys won't be looking all over the boarse for me. I'll be the short, fat, bald, toothless, homeless looking guy with a big grin from ear to ear. Please stop and say hello.
  • Options
    what ever strikes my fancy and I can afford on my limited budget. But I would like to walk away with a 2004 SAE for my wedding book.
    currently owned by 5 Labradors

Blaze - Yellow male b 3/17/93
    Onyx - Black male b 3/7/99
    Duchess - Yellow female mix b 3/12/02 rescued 9/18/02
    Rifle - Yellow male mix b 12/1/02 rescued 8/8/03
    Diamond - Black female b 5/3/05 adopted 8/3/05

First Cam-slam - 9/21/04

My eBay
  • Options
    What am I looking for? a2labmom!
  • Options
    DHeathDHeath Posts: 8,472 ✭✭✭
    So you guys won't be looking all over the boarse for me.

You modern guys are easy to spot. You've all got 2x2's in your shirt pocket for the keepers. LOL
    Developing theory is what we are meant to do as academic researchers
    and it sets us apart from practitioners and consultants. Gregor
  • Options
    RussRuss Posts: 48,515 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I usually add my CU name to my ID tag, in the off chance somebody will notice and will care. >>

I do the same thing at shows.

Russ, NCNE
  • Options

<< <i>Sounds like a possee's going to be after me - remember guys - if I see ya - I'll be taking a picture of you!! >>

make sure to stop and see Laura. image
  • Options

<< <i>So you guys won't be looking all over the boarse for me.

You modern guys are easy to spot. You've all got 2x2's in your shirt pocket for the keepers. LOL >>

Yeah, the 2x2's are sitting next to the pocket protectors.image OK to come clean, the glory of self employment restricts me from being able to attend this show. So sorry to disappoint all of you.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file