Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Ebay seller references please!

I was wondering if anybody has had any dealings with "rpholdercoins" on ebay, and could give me a thumbs up or thumbs down- thanks!
My style is impetuous, my defense is impregnable !

Comments

• Options
    XpipedreamRXpipedreamR Posts: 8,059 ✭✭
    Never dealt with them.

I took a quick peek at some of their coins for sale and they seemed OK, with decent feedback, but I'd be cautious about the raw stuff on eBay.
  • Options
    Dog97Dog97 Posts: 7,875 ✭✭✭
    I've dealt with him on some raw toned stuff on eBay just to see-he really overgrades and his stuff won't slab out at the grade he claims it is. Other than that he's ok.
    Change that we can believe in is that change which is 90% silver.
  • Options
    HootHoot Posts: 867
    He overgrades but sells decent material. He also took a return from me (the one time I bought from him) without a bit of hesitation or complaint. Seems to deal fairly with his customers.

Hoot
    From this hour I ordain myself loos'd of limits and imaginary lines. - Whitman
  • Options
    relayerrelayer Posts: 10,570

I bought an 1860 IHC raw he ad advertisted as MS65/66+ for $500

PCGS graded it MS64. I sent him an email when it came back, and he said he thinks PCGS intentionally undergrades to keep their reputation high.

I never bought another coin from him again.
    My posts viewed image times
    since 8/1/6
  • Options
    How can a guy be ok and fair if he overgrades. If he overgrades, he's not ok or fair. JMHO Steve
  • Options
    Thumbs down. Avoid buying from them. Period! image
    In an insane society, a sane person will appear to be insane.
  • Options
    Dog97Dog97 Posts: 7,875 ✭✭✭
    route66 seys: How can a guy be ok and fair if he overgrades.......
    Like they say-grading is subjective. SleazeBay sellers know that and take advantage of it. Besides, what do I compare his grading to? Photograde? ANA standards? PCGS? ANACS? ICG?
    Just assume most raw stuff on sleazeBay is junk.
    But I'm here to tell you his <<<1950-D Jeff. 5C MS-67(PIC)WILD TONING & COLOR>>> holdered MS 64 @ PCGS.
    Let's see, that lists for $75 in ms66 on the PCGS site. (ms67 not listed)
    MS64 lists for $8 hahahhahahahhaha
    Change that we can believe in is that change which is 90% silver.
  • Options
    RussRuss Posts: 48,515 ✭✭✭
    He communicates and ships quickly, but those who say he overgrades are dead on. You can safely count on two to three points lower on MS stuff. He frequently lists coins that one might think are AT'd, but of the four toners I bought from him, none were.

Russ, NCNE

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file