Home Buy, Sell & Trade - Cards & Memorabilia

BAD TRADER - Tim Blake - AKA panthersfan - *phone call/update*

Names used: Timothy Blake, Tim Dewberry, Blake Dewberry, Joshua L. Dewberry
CU names: dewb1999, panthersfan
E-mail addresses: panthersfan30@hotmail.com, blakedewb@hotmail.com, dewb1999@aol.com
E-bay name: jdcivic01
Tradepage: www.freewebs.com/pantherscards
AIM: panthersfan30
Address: withheld for his privacy (not that he deserves any)

We made a trade and I sent on November 4th (to the name Tim Blake). He received a few days later and immediately sold the cards he received from me on ebay. Says he sent me stuff two times but both times it got lost in the mail. Says they were both insured but for some reson could not send me the insurance money. Gave excuse after excuse until about 2 weeks ago when he stopped replying to my e-mails. After building a good reputation with small trades, he is now attempting to rip people off with expensive cards such as Walter Johnson Legendary Cuts auto and Michael Jordan Hardcourt Commemeratives auto. Stay away - this guy is a complete thief and a smart one who will make you believe he is legit. PM me if you have any additional information on him or would like more information on him so that you can stay safe. This guy needs to be stopped.

He has a negative for ripping somone of $455 from an ebay auction: http://cgi2.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback&userid=jdcivic01

*update*

Here is his ebay info:

User ID: jdcivic01
Name: Joshua Dewberry
Company:
City: Durham
State: NC
Phone: (***) ***-****
Registered Since: Tuesday, Oct 21, 2003 08:25:21 PDT

Comments

• Did you call the authorities in his area?
  • Was making a deal with him... not anymore.

Sorry to hear about your deal - hope you can solve it.
  • wow, i made a pretty big deal with him and went fine, good luck with him
    my site
    CU Refs- Fuzz86, Duncangalx2, lafrentz06, playr050, ahares, battier, PunKrocKtrojaN, SpeedMaster x2, Magic1fan, Beave2, Patman2011, pugsley, lilgotz1, netfan5, gmac, felix76, nismo68, xxchamp34xx, kbryant1, dmiles89, ladude465, zbarr23, PHil2347, judgement, panthersfan, tomkat, kobecollector, ljmaya, jimjoe
  • i`ve made many many trades and never once has anything been lost in the mail. i always find it hard to believe
    LOOKING FOR MARINO GAME USED,, , AND AUTO`S
  • I also bought from him, with no probs, hope everything works out.
    collect Auburn University athletes auto & jersey cards

ref's : lilgotz1, pugsley, panthersfan
  • I hope you resolve everything - I've heard he was a great trader/seller - never actually had a transaction with him.

-Mike
    60+ sucessful trades on here.
  • cardnyoucardnyou Posts: 7,339 ✭✭✭
    lookin at your character...it might have been deserved....turn your profile on and let us know who you are.

Tha Finger ... Tha Stunner ... Tha Legend.
  • he said he works for a video game store where he lives, if u can somehow find that store and possibly get the # for that store you can call their
    my site
    CU Refs- Fuzz86, Duncangalx2, lafrentz06, playr050, ahares, battier, PunKrocKtrojaN, SpeedMaster x2, Magic1fan, Beave2, Patman2011, pugsley, lilgotz1, netfan5, gmac, felix76, nismo68, xxchamp34xx, kbryant1, dmiles89, ladude465, zbarr23, PHil2347, judgement, panthersfan, tomkat, kobecollector, ljmaya, jimjoe
  • I know what store he worked at. We have suspended him at HI as well. We had 2 great deals, but it could be him just building trust.

• baljitgill could you pm me with any info on his workplace. I would like to talk to him and see if there is anything we can work out. Probably not but you never know.

• << <i>baljitgill could you pm me with any info on his workplace. I would like to talk to him and see if there is anything we can work out. Probably not but you never know. >>

PM sent
    i sent ya a pm to ...guess you didnt get mine tho huh ?...friggin snitch.

• << <i>lookin at your character...it might have been deserved....turn your profile on and let us know who you are. >>

lol--tellin it the way it is
    http://www.freewebs.com/hermessportscards/

purchased from Ref: thematrix31, zbarr, xxchamp34xx, baljitgill, qyntelwoods24,joebenson, joestalin
    you know me dherm image...and thats just a beginning ...i am just gettin started good.

• ttt

• letting people know about a thief so they don't get ripped off isn't snitching
    i'm not talkin about that ..you know good and dern well what i'm talkin about

• Hi rjeff34

You are not alone, me i wait from him since 3 weeks for 250$ of cards including a T-Mac Auto EX

I am alway looking for:

Fleer Exclusives rc,and Hoops hot Prospects rc 02-03 and Spx 02-03

Ref:McDee2,Mik,Aircanada,Goyanks,RichyPF32,Duncangal,cpdHenry,Scott21,Bobstar

• he gave me the timmothy name when we traded, i think he also has an aim screen name but i dont remember what it was, something panthers but not panthersfan
    my site
  • i sold him a card and he paid via paypal. i'm pretty sure tim blake was the name that was on the paypal account. good luck to those who are still waiting for cards.
  • I had 1 trade with him and i had him send first because he was new . It went fine.

He must have used me as a reference because i had many people email me asking how my trade with him went.

Then i recieved an email from someone ( not sure if it was you rjeff34 or whoever you really are lol ) claiming they were ripped off by Panthersfan. I sent a pm to Panthersfan and he responded and i mentioned to him that someone had emailed me claiming that he had ripped them off and this is how Pantherfan explained it

" i know who you're talking about and i've talked with him since then. its all worked out and it was just a miscommunication on my part. its being taken care of "
  • Tim was the name given to me.
    collect Auburn University athletes auto & jersey cards

ref's : lilgotz1, pugsley, panthersfan
  • What is the address that you guys mailed to??
  • If he works for a video game store, there is a decent chance that he's just a snot-nosed kid. Give us the addy you mailed to, and we'll see if we can find a phone number for you. Giving the kid's parents a ring isn't a bad idea.
    Just here to pass on information that you should know.
  • (919) 544-7938

this is the phone number provided by ebay, whether it is legit or not I don't know, I have not called yet
  • Dewberry, Joshua L
    1338 Southpoint Crossing Dr
    DURHAM, NC 27713
    919-544-7938

found that on anywho.com....... let the games begin.
    Just here to pass on information that you should know.
  • wow, he gave me tim blake as his name, rjeff- should call try and call him, good luck
    my site
  • Call him - he's gotta come clean sometime.
    60+ sucessful trades on here.

• guess his name really is Joshua L. Dewberry

why he used the name Tim Blake I don't know??? oh yes I do know, he used it so he could try to get away with ripping them.

why he would rip me knowing I sent insured with tracking I don't know...mail fraud form here I come

• I wonder if this is the store he works at?

<< <i>Best Buy
    Durham-raleigh NC (Store 160)
    New Hope Commons
    Durham, NC 27707
    Phone: 919-403-2333
    Hours: Mon-Sat 10:00am-10:00pm
    Sun 10:00am-7:00pm >>

question is should I ask for Timothy or Joshua lol
  • any luck? did you call?
    Looking to trade for autograph 8x10s, mini helmets, and gu/autographs of the following teams- Atlanta,New England, St. Louis, Dallas, and Minnesota
  • AllenAllen Posts: 7,165 ✭✭✭
    Addy he gave me, then he stalled on me sending because he said he had not recieved the card he was sending me.

timothy blake
    1338 southpoint crossing
    durham, nc 27713
  • AllenAllen Posts: 7,165 ✭✭✭

hey dude,
    still no moss, so i don't know what the hold up is....but i kinda need the harpring ASAP b/c its goin to my little bro and he'll only be here til january 2.....can i go ahead and send you the $3 for the harpring via paypal and you drop it in the mail for me? i would greatly appreciate it.....and i'll keep you informed of when the moss gets here.......the guy mailed it from germany about 2 weeks ago.....tim

Could this be where Joshua comes in? His brother? Anyone got panthersfan PayPal name?
    He never sent me the $.
  • i did a not so low trade with him and it went well
    KNICKS RulE. well not really! BUT GO KNICKS!

Refs: Biechner24, knicks644,phil2347, nickm, panthersfan,rainman

http://www.freewebs.com/mycknickz/tradelist.htm
  • wow..i was trying to do a video game 4 cards deal, glad i didnt ..good luck
  • the name on the account he sent me money from via paypal is tim blake. i'll post the addy later.

• yes it is true he has made numerous good trades but these were just to make a good reputation so he could get people to trust him so he could then rip a bunch of people then disappear like he did

I bet he will resurface in a few weeks with a new name and pull this scam all over again
  • When he sent out a check to me on the check the name was Timothy Blake. Hope that clears up any confusion.
  • did u try calling him??
    my site

• I will tonight...bet he has seen this post and won't answer though.
  • good luck, theres a way to see when was the last time a member logged on, ill try it
    my site

• doesn't work for him cause he's got his profile not visible
  • instead of griping try calling him and straighting this out
    i bet you would feel bad as hell if he was in the hospital half dead from a car wreck or something
    i have traded with him many times bought from him and sold to him and he hasnt been on AIM in a long while so you may wanna call out of concern
    I collect all! mostly football- My main collectable wants are Jamal Lewis,Ray Lewis, and cool ass auto's

refs:jeffo81,baird,Romeo,co1lector,Euphoria18,Cardnyou and many more just ask

• heres the info he gave me when i baught from him:

Tim Blake
    Durhan,NC
    blakedewb@hotmail

• << <i>blakedewb@hotmail >>

he trades with the name Tim Blake

he buys and sells on ebay with the name Joshua Dewberry

the e-mail address "blakedewb" would seem to indicate the name Blake Dewberry

man...what is this guy's real name???

• ttt until this scammer sends my stuff
  • haliguyhaliguy Posts: 587 ✭✭
    anyone remember dewb1999 from NC? I'm sure some of you CU old timers remember this guy... name was Blake... posted here a long time ago. He ripped a bunch of people off. Coincidence?
    --------
    Paul
  • Tim Dewberry
    1338 Southpoint Crossing Dr
    Durham, NC 27713
    United States

That's the Paypal info from our deal never done...Sad part is that it's me owing him a refund and not vice versa.