Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

New Years Eve Contest--WE HAVE A WINNER

I have a PCGS Sample slab with a 2001-P New York Quarter for which I have no need. So, I thought I'd give it as a contest prize. If anyone else wants to add to the loot, feel free to post it.

The contest for those with nothing better to do on New Years Eve (or those who are as intrigued at this concept as I am): Find as modern a coin as you can in an old first-generation ("rattler") PCGS holder. The spoils (the PCGS sample slab) go to the member who finds the most recent dated US coin in one of these holders. The rules:

--Coins can be in your own or another's collection, dealer on-line inventory, auction archives (Heritage, Teletrade, eBay, etc.), old auction catalogs, or other legitimate source.
--You must post a scan of the coin or auction catalog or link to the source.
--No Photoshopping or other cheating!
--If there is any doubt about the legitimacy of the source or image, the collective instincts of the forum will be the final judge.
--Best entry by midnight Pacific time 12/31/03 wins. Since I'm in the Eastern time zone, I'll be in be in bed by then but it should be pretty obvious who is the winner without me having to stay up to declare a victor.
--In the event of a tie, the entry posted first wins.

I have no preconceived notions about where this will end. Since these slabs were circa the mid 1980s, I wouldn't expect anything dated after that. Also, since slabbing later date moderns is, well, a modern practice, I expect it will be relatively tough to find something very recent.

Good luck and Happy New Year,

WH

Comments

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file