Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

WAR NICKELS**AWAKING IN '04

JEFFERSON NICKELS: WITH THE NEW REVERSE DESIGN DUE OUT IN THE SPRING OF 2004 AND MORE TO COME LATER,THE FIRST CHANGE SINCE 1938.WITHIN THIS SERIES IS THE UNIQUE SECTION OF "WAR NICKELS" 1942-45,THE SHORTEST OF ANY NICKEL SERIES . ONLY NICKEL WITHOUT ANY NICKEL MATERIAL .ONLY NICKEL WITH 35% SILVER.FIRST NICKEL WITH LETTER "P" FOR PHILADELPHIA.ONLY ONE (1942P T2 PROOF SILVER). ALL THIS AND THEY ARE "BARGAINS".
1942P T2 PCGS MS67 (NONE HIGHER ) (POP 64) @APPROX $45-50
1944S MS67 PCGS (NONE HIGHER) (POP 49) APPROX.$50. 1945D PCGS MS67 PCGS (NONE HIGHER ) (POP 65) @APPROX.$40. AND NO I DON'T HAVE A STOCK PILE OF THEM,I'M JUST A SMALL (RETIRED) COLLECTOR.

Comments

• Options
    mgoodm3mgoodm3 Posts: 17,497 ✭✭✭
    Caps Lock.
    coinimaging.com/my photography articles Check out the new macro lens testing section
  • Options
    JohnZJohnZ Posts: 1,732

P.S. Welcome to the boards! image

We ARE watching you.

• Options
    ms70ms70 Posts: 13,951 ✭✭✭✭✭

For a moment there I thought I was on eBay. Is this an advertisment or something?

Great transactions with oih82w8, JasonGaming, Moose1913.

• Options
    LucyBopLucyBop Posts: 14,004 ✭✭✭
    WHAT A WAY TO ENTER THE BOARDS... HMMMMMMMM...

BAMA A LAMA, BAMA A LOU!
    imageBe Bop A Lula!!
    "Senorita HepKitty"
    "I want a real cool Kitty from Hepcat City, to stay in step with me" - Bill Carter
  • Options
    RussRuss Posts: 48,515 ✭✭✭
    LOUBILL,

You should sell some of yours to buy a new keyboard.

Russ, NCNE
  • Options
    Welcome to the forums! I sure hope Jeffersons in general and War Nickels in particular wake up in '04. I think the proof '42 is a good one also as it is the only proof war nickel.

(all caps in a message is considered yelling)
  • Options
    sinin1sinin1 Posts: 7,500
    welcome to the boards LOUBILL

I agree with you
    another that is starting to move is silver Roosevelts

but both of these I must consider a "poor mans" classic
  • Options
    Those quoted prices seem kind of low to me. Steve
  • Options
    If you're going to pay $50 for a war nickel you would be well advised to choose a different war.
  • Options
    cladkingcladking Posts: 28,456 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome to the boards.

Circulated war nickels are absurdly cheap too. Most go for less than melt value
    and the high grade examples are scarce yet command no premium. There are
    also several highly desirable varieties.
    Tempus fugit.
  • Options
    JRoccoJRocco Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome to the boards LouBill, enjoy your stay.
    Some coins are just plain "Interesting"
  • Options
    I think Loubill works for the CoinVault. Anyway, welcome!
    heath
  • Options
    Loubill... an you find me a cheap 45-S in MS67FS.. $75 seems fair
  • Options
    ShamikaShamika Posts: 18,765 ✭✭✭✭
    WELCOME TO THE FORUM LOUBILL!

BY THE WAY, YOU'LL HAVE TO SPEAK UP! WE CAN'T HEAR YOU!

Buyer and seller of vintage coin boards!
  • Options
    greghansengreghansen Posts: 4,301 ✭✭✭
    Welcome to the Boards. If you can survive the innauguration, I think you'll enjoy it. By the way, in case you haven't noticed, we have a lot of wallflowers who are real reluctant to speak up.image

Greg Hansen, Melbourne, FL Click here for any current EBAY auctions Multiple "Circle of Trust" transactions over 14 years on forum

• Options
    nwcsnwcs Posts: 13,387 ✭✭✭

<< <i>If you're going to pay $50 for a war nickel you would be well advised to choose a different war. >>

Appalachian hoard war nickels go for much higher than that because they are so darn good looking!
  • Options
    RussRuss Posts: 48,515 ✭✭✭

<< <i>If you can survive the innauguration >>

Wouldn't that be initiation? image

Russ, NCNE
  • Options
    I'm partial to the '43-D. Why do my hoarding tendencies seem to favor the nickel isuues? Hmmm....

Mojo
    "I am the wilderness that is lost in man."
    -Jim Morrison-
    Mr. Mojorizn

my blog:www.numistories.com
  • Options
    OK I am interested

jimtgre@bendcable.com
  • Options
    whoops thats

jimtre@bendcable.com
  • Options
    BaleyBaley Posts: 22,659 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I THINK WAR NICKELS ARE GREAT HERE IS ONE OF MINE DO YOU THINK IT WILL *WAKE UP* SOON IT LOOKS A LITTLE SLEEPY I FOUND IT IN CIRCULATION IT COST ME FIVE CENTS WOW IT IS ALREADY WORTH 400% OF MY INVESTMENT DOES ANYONE WANT TO BUY THIS FABULOUS COIN FROM ME?

Liberty: Parent of Science & Industry

• Options
    And your point is....?
    Curmudgeon in waiting!
  • Options
    clw54clw54 Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I THINK WAR NICKELS ARE GREAT HERE IS ONE OF MINE DO YOU THINK IT WILL *WAKE UP* SOON IT LOOKS A LITTLE SLEEPY I FOUND IT IN CIRCULATION IT COST ME FIVE CENTS WOW IT IS ALREADY WORTH 400% OF MY INVESTMENT DOES ANYONE WANT TO BUY THIS FABULOUS COIN FROM ME?

image >>

I LIKE THAT ONE. IT HAS PERSONALITY.
  • Options
    My no step, no P war nickel.
  • Options
    Hmmm..........I have rolls and rolls of these things I bought simply as circulated silver. I think I paid around 7 cents apiece for them several years ago.

Should I go through them and see if they actually have any numismatic value? I doubt any of them grade better than VF.

Personally, I think they are ugly.
    "Lenin is certainly right. There is no subtler or more severe means of overturning the existing basis of society(destroy capitalism) than to debauch the currency. The process engages all the hidden forces of economic law on the side of destruction, and it does it in a manner which not one man in a million is able to diagnose."
    John Marnard Keynes, The Economic Consequences of the Peace, 1920, page 235ff
  • Options
    I'd like to have a few of those sets like JohnZ pictured. What's the going price for those sets? I don't need them graded just BU - and not dipped. Any sellers PM me and include S/H. Also interested in some raw BU other dates. This kind of went with the topic, so no flames please -- and HAPPY New Year to everyone.
  • Options
    sinin1sinin1 Posts: 7,500
    abuell -that is a cool fake - what do they go for?

I just sold one last night with lamination problems but has 2-P's a 1943 - PP

• Options
    I don't know how much, probably a couple of bucks. Circulating counterfeits (the uglier the better) are the only US federal stuff that I collect. Sometime I'll post a pic of my Morgan dollar in brass.
  • Options
    JohnZJohnZ Posts: 1,732
    I'd like to have a few of those sets like JohnZ pictured. What's the going price for those sets? I don't need them graded just BU - and not dipped. Any sellers PM me and include S/H. Also interested in some raw BU other dates. This kind of went with the topic, so no flames please -- and HAPPY New Year to everyone.

I got that one in an estate auction in Western Massachusettes last year. The guy had boxes full of coins - everything from slabs to proof sets, liteside and dark. I didn't even see the nickels until I got to the bottom of one of the boxes - a pleasant surprise.

We ARE watching you.

• Options
    just found a 43-P in roll of nickels while ago in really good shape. image

that was the only forties I found - but several fifities also. Well at least I plugged a couple of holes.
  • Options
    BaleyBaley Posts: 22,659 ✭✭✭✭✭
    here's a couple more, these a little bit nicer:

Liberty: Parent of Science & Industry

• Options
    mgoodm3mgoodm3 Posts: 17,497 ✭✭✭
    Here's my only one. Got it on Cheapslabs.com for cheap.

coinimaging.com/my photography articles Check out the new macro lens testing section
  • Options
    Here's 2 from a 1942 Proof set I bought @ a Goldberg Auction. Both are NGC PF66.

Michael
  • Options
    Dog97Dog97 Posts: 7,875 ✭✭✭
    And the grade doesn't even matter, the type plastic is what is important.

Change that we can believe in is that change which is 90% silver.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file