Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

1977 Topps Low-Pops...

How long they are "low-pops" remains to be seen, but I see where MANY cards I would be interested in have hit the pop-reports over the past month. Nothing has come to eBay so I can only assume that the submitter(s) sold off-line. Please keep me in mind guys as I will pay pretty aggressively for cards I need. I am also always interested in raw lots or singles if anyone has any just drop me an email...
Happy New Year to all,

dgf

...still looking for the Palmer PSA 10. I think I'm more interested in simply seeing it at this point...

Comments

• Options
    qualitycardsqualitycards Posts: 2,811 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Nothing has come to eBay so I can only assume that the submitter(s) sold off-line >>

DGF - Maybe the submitter(s) kept them for himself...jay
  • Options
    Frazier,

Maybe I told you where the palmer was and you weren't listen over you kidsimage

Give me a shout.

Gator
  • Options
    jackstrawjackstraw Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭
    lmg it's sandwiched between an 81 lynn and a 76 bubble champ cardimage
    Collector Focus

ON ITS WAY TO NEWPORT BEACH, CA 92658
  • Options
    spacktrackspacktrack Posts: 1,084 ✭✭
    DGF:

How would you expect the lot of 1000 that you have on eBay to grade out? Do you know what % are unique cards? Any semi to big names in the bunch?

Thanks,

spacktrack
  • Options
    Straw,

Thats funny, no I'm just playin!! I have a hunch I've seen it but cant remember whereimage

But you know it could be between 2 lynnsimage Thats fraziers heart pumpin. I'll leave my phone off the hook for a month.

Just kiddin Phil

Gator
  • Options
    i forgot i am not talking to you two because of that 81 squirt jacksonimage
    Collector Focus

• Options
    Jay,
    Interesting point, but unlikely. There are not too many folks who submit 3 Mint 9's and keep 'em all. There are some, but not too many.

Spack,
    There will be some mint cards there for sure. Also some cards centered ex/mt or 8-9oc. The description is acccurate. Tons of NM/MT cards. As for unique numbers I'd ballpark 450 minimum. It's not a "lot" with six or seven of any card. At most three copies of any card and those would be the exception. There will be some stars as well, but anything Ryan or Munson-like would have been to Newport Beach by now. Hope that helps.

Straw,
    If Gator had it, it would have been at my house a year ago.

dgf
  • Options
  • Options
    Spack,
    I see your signature. These are WAY nicer than a typical lot you would buy off of eBay. You would have to buy fresh vending boxes to finish the set in the condition you'd be starting it in. These are TOTALLY uncirculated and handled only once to go from vendors to 5000 counts.

Matt, I'll give you shout.

dgf

• Options
    spacktrackspacktrack Posts: 1,084 ✭✭
    DGF:

Is a 100% complete 1977 set possible yet? I scanned the pop report and saw many cards with one and two pops but did not notice if any numbers were omitted because of no submissions.

spacktrack
  • Options
    Straw,

What squirt jax???? Tell me more let me guess you want that card also! Well I could muster you up another one but you'd have to bid against phil for it. Stay tuned I have another doozy I'll post a scan for ya!

But please explain?

Gator
  • Options
    Spack,
    I can 8-out the set. What I don't have graded I have raw that will have me complete. The problem is that I require all the cards to be focused, registered and clean with centering 60/40 or better. So, "yes" it is possible. There are a handful of REALLY tough cards--true of any set worth doing, I'm sure--that I have a 85/15 SS with a BLAZING image and corners or dead-centered and out of focus. I need to get me one of those "card-combining machines"...what would we pay for one of those???

dgf
  • Options
    ???????
    Collector Focus

• Options
    Straw,

Hmmmmmmmm

Gator
  • Options
    Straw,

I just sent you an email.

Gator
  • Options
    gator,
    i didn't get it?
    straw
    Collector Focus

• Options
    Straw,

Try it now an email not pm

Gator
  • Options
    gator,
    nothing?
    check my profile and make sure it's right
    Collector Focus

• Options
    "Roger"..."What?"...
    "What's your vector, Victor?"
    ..."huh?"
    "Roger, Over"
    "say What???"...
    "Over, Victor."
    ..."huh?"
  • Options
    fraz,
    ya get that cobra yet?
    Collector Focus

• Options
    Your all set!

Gator
  • Options
    BkritzBkritz Posts: 1,093 ✭✭
    I just got a few psa 10's 1977 Topps back from grading.

I got a psa 10 Graig Nettles 1/1 #20, PSA 10 # 478 Rookie Pitchers and a PSA 10 # 511 Bill Fahey. What do you think the Nettles would go for? RedsoxJeff seems to be the big player in this year. Email me at briankritz@aol.com I also got about 25 9's. Some low pop, some not.

I am planning to throw them on ebay over the next week. I would listen to offers, though.

Brian

bkritz on ebay

I have also emailed you!
  • Options
    Bk-

Hello, I can say this try to help frazier out he's needs all the help he can trying to complete this monstor of a set. First class gent at that.

RedsoxJeff lets just say is starting to run in the red I'm sure phil can make a more than fair offer!!

Gator
  • Options
    Brian,

I emailed you back. I already have Nettles in 10, but I'd love to see what 9's you have...I'd like to discuss Nettles as well if you're interested. Thanks,

dgf