Home U.S. Coin Forum

What does TAIL BAR mean when talking about Morgans?

Paul in Pine Hill
----------------------------------------
My ebay auctions

Comments

• BillJonesBillJones Posts: 33,880 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's the die break thingy that is coming down from the right side below the feathers on the arrows.
    Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?
  • That clears it up. I have seen that term used many times and could never figger it out. Thanks for the info!
    Paul in Pine Hill
    My ebay auctions

• lavalava Posts: 3,286 ✭✭✭
    That example shows it clearly.
    I brake for ear bars.
  • Paul;
    Looks like someone was holding the eagle on a stick by the right talon...I just got a 90-CC tailbar.
    What is money, in reality, but dirty pieces of paper and metal upon which privilege is stamped?

• << <i>Paul;
    Looks like someone was holding the eagle on a stick by the right talon...I just got a 90-CC tailbar. >>

Good going Tom! I hope you didnt pay the kind of money that guy was asking in that auction.
    Paul in Pine Hill
    My ebay auctions

• Oh, they're big bucks in MS!.......I got a mere PCGS F-!2 to accompany the 90-CC reg.
    What is money, in reality, but dirty pieces of paper and metal upon which privilege is stamped?
  • I am still saving up for the 89 CC in MS. There is no way I will get a 92 S unless someone dies and leaves me a bunch of money image
    Paul in Pine Hill
    My ebay auctions

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file