Home U.S. Coin Forum

How have your eBay sales results been lately?

291fifth291fifth Posts: 24,284 ✭✭✭✭✭
Have you sold US coins on eBay lately? What have your sales results been? Any suggestions for someone who is going to be putting coins up for sale after the fisrt of the year?
All glory is fleeting.

Comments

• MadMartyMadMarty Posts: 16,697 ✭✭✭
    E-Bay has been fair, Teletrade has been very good!
    It is not exactly cheating, I prefer to consider it creative problem solving!!!

• Have you sold any Non FBL Frankies on Teletrade MadMarty?
    Today's mighty oak is just yesterday's nut that held its ground.
  • MadMartyMadMarty Posts: 16,697 ✭✭✭
    No, I usually don't get non-FBLs!! Only AU58s!!!
    It is not exactly cheating, I prefer to consider it creative problem solving!!!

Today's mighty oak is just yesterday's nut that held its ground.
  • baccarudabaccaruda Posts: 2,588 ✭✭
    Just after Christmas is probably a bad time to be selling most anything.

1 Tassa-slap
    2 Cam-Slams!
    1 Russ POTD!
  • my sales on Ebay have been good the last few weeks.
  • only fair.
    PCGS sets under The Thomas Collections. Modern Commemoratives @ NGC under "One Coin at a Time". USMC Active 1966 thru 1970" The real War.
  • UncleJoeUncleJoe Posts: 2,532 ✭✭✭
    If time is not an issue, I would wait a few months.

This gets you past the holiday season and leads you into tax return season. image

Joe.
  • On the contrary, I have found that sales will drop off significantly starting in April and does not pick up again until September. January-March is the time to sell.
  • Sales have been pretty good here, some have went cheap some have brought more.
  • nankrautnankraut Posts: 4,565 ✭✭✭
    I've been auctioning my Morgan Dollar set on ebay the past 3 weeks or so. Prices seem to be very good so far. Serious buyers too--47 lots two weeks ago, and not one complaint or non-payer.

nankraut
    I'm the Proud recipient of a genuine "you suck" award dated 1/24/05. I was accepted into the "Circle of Trust" on 3/9/09.
  • nankrautnankraut Posts: 4,565 ✭✭✭
    Edited to add...Photos of your coins is always desirable, especially on any item over 10 bucks or so.

nankraut
    I'm the Proud recipient of a genuine "you suck" award dated 1/24/05. I was accepted into the "Circle of Trust" on 3/9/09.
  • ColorfulcoinsColorfulcoins Posts: 3,364 ✭✭✭
    common stuff = low prices.....down 40% form 6 months ago. Oh well........
    Craig
    If I had it my way, stupidity would be painful!
  • BigD5BigD5 Posts: 3,433
    I've been doing ok. Plenty of BIN's, and last minute bidding. I didn't list anything last week, and only have 10 or so items up this week. Will probably list more this coming week, as I don't have a show up here until mid January.
    I've always had mixed results on FUN week (I keep records!). Many serious buyers are at the show, and not surfing the bay of E.
    I also agree that I do well from just after FUN until the warm weather hits/kids get out of school.
    BigD5
    LSCC#1864

Ebay Stuff
  • IrishMikeIrishMike Posts: 7,737 ✭✭✭

<< <i>On the contrary, I have found that sales will drop off significantly starting in April and does not pick up again until September. January-March is the time to sell. >>

I've been selling for 4 years now and this information is right on. January thru March is the best time to sell on Ebay in my experience.
  • I have ten items up for bid right now and half of them have been bid on. There is still 5 or 6 days to go though so I am confident they will all sell.
    Paul in Pine Hill
    ----------------------------------------
    My ebay auctions

• It's kind of soft right now, but the free listing day really helped sellers. February-March was awesome for me last year and I hope it will be the same again.

Cameron Kiefer
  • keetskeets Posts: 25,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    whenever i list, it's imperative that i have the best pictures possible. that always means more bids and i higher finish. i find it works well to show a picture of the coin in the holder and an obverse/reverse shot cropped with an accurate description.

my listings between Thanksgiving and Christmas went well. Lincolns, Franklins, Kennedys and Jeffersons picked up the slack i lost with Washingtons, but i was partly to blame with poor pictures and no reserve. i had the Franklins reserved and when i took better pictures they sold the second time around. shame on me, i know better but listed in a hurry!!

i'll be waiting till late January or early February to list again. gotta let everyone get those income tax returns back!! that has to figure into why that time frame is a good one.

al h.image

• BoomBoom Posts: 10,165
    Not bad at all. However, it's a matter of timing -seeing where the competition is! The stuff that doesn't sell...I still "sell" after the auction is finished, with no fees involved. Therefore, under those conditions....VERY WELL ! Since everyone is bargain hunting on ebay, if you are trying to peddle your wares in a flooded market, "Good Luck!"
  • Interesting...as a buyer I think I'm getting good prices...gotta wonder if the sellers are happy too image

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file