Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Grapevine, Texas Coin Show this Weekend

Has anyone attended this show before? What type of collector would find it worthwhile? Any major coin dealers there? Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    Been to 4 of the last 5 of these shows. They usually have 60-80 tables (maybe as many as 100, I'm not sure).

What I usually see there:
    1. Lots of gold
    2. Lots of Morgans
    3. Lots of mid-grade non-moderns (raw)
    4. Some ancients and some darkside stuff
    5. Modern commems with a few older commems scattered about
    6. Lots of proof/mint sets

What I don't see there:
    1. Modern slabbed material
    2. Super high-grade early american coins (sometimes but very rarely)

All-in-all, it's a very reasonable regional show. Dealers usually show up from all of the surrounding states, so there is always some fresh stuff to look at. My only complaint is that I also see a lot of the 3rd tier (or lower) slabs, but you can always cherry pick these and get some good stuff from them.

JMHO
    Cecil
    Total Copper Nutcase - African, British Ships, Channel Islands!!!
    'Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup'
  • Options
    could you give dates,address and especially times? I might like to attend. Also, simple directions would be nice. I do know how to get to Grapevine. thank you for the heads up.
  • Options
    This is from CoinWorld:

Jan 2-4

Texas Coin Show. Convention Center, 1209 S. Main St. at Hwy 114. Hrs Fri. 2pm-6pm; Sat. 9am-6pm; Sun. 9am-3 pm. Tables 70. Admission.

I think the convention center is about one to two miles north of Highway 114 on the east side of Main Street, about a mile south of downtown Grapevine. The public library is next door to the convention center.
  • Options
    well some of us don't have fun

• Options
    hookedoncoinshookedoncoins Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭
    I am planning on going on Sunday... I have gone to this show for the last 2 years and it is a pretty nice (although small) show. I like to go on the last day because it never seems very crowded, prices are low and dealers are much more talkative.

Edit: the seated half in my sig was bought at one of the grapevine shows this spring.

-Jarrett Roberts
  • Options
    Well I can't compare as this was my very first coin show. Took hubby and checkbook and had a blast Sat. afternoon. Got a 1926 1/4 oz. gold eag, some buffalos, war nickel roll, and other raw silver and raw circs - a few supplies. It seemed quite crowded to me. All of the dealers seemed real nice, and met a few that were especially friendly. All in all it seemed like a "good thing", and now I'm hooked. I couldn't find the right Oregon Trail commemmorative, but maybe next time.
  • Options
    jbsteven...will it be WHITE HOT ??image

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file