Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Hmmm - Free Listing Day on Ebay today

Just got an email from Ebay that it's free listing day today - may be a good time to list stuff that I've been thinking about doing!

Comments

• Options
    I just received that same email and was thinking about doing the same thing.
    Stacy

Sleep well tonight for the 82nd Airborne Division is on point for the nation.
    AIRBORNE!
  • Options
    MadMartyMadMarty Posts: 16,697 ✭✭✭
    I wonder if this will sell
    It is not exactly cheating, I prefer to consider it creative problem solving!!!

• Options
    WWWWWW Posts: 2,609 ✭✭✭
    That's a pretty good deal. I think I'll list a few dozen today myself. I just wonder if they will get buried among all the others listed today.
  • Options
    BigD5BigD5 Posts: 3,433
    I don't think there will be that many things listed today. For one, they don't give any notice, so unless you have the pic's hanging around your computer, you would have to keep up a feverish pace during the day, scanning and loading auctions.
    Why they don't give out advanced notice for these types of promos, I'll never know, unless they fear a server overload with so many potential listings.
    I'm not loading anything until next week.
    BigD5
    LSCC#1864

Ebay Stuff
  • Options
    "you would have to keep up a feverish pace during the day, scanning and loading auctions."

Many people are home and not at work. I feverishly scanning and adding mine to ebay.

Cameron Kiefer
  • Options

<< <i>
    Why they don't give out advanced notice for these types of promos, I'll never know, unless they fear a server overload with so many potential listings.
    I'm not loading anything until next week. >>

Just do what I do, list the auction with a link to a picture you have not done yet then load the pictures to your web space over the next couple of days. Most people won't see the auction for two - three days anyway which leaves plenty of time to add the pictures.
  • Options
    Good deal for me, I think. I have 200 unsold listings that I was going to relist. Mostly collectible books, including some coin books. All in turbo lister. Will save me about $100.00 for doing it today.. They do it 2 or 3 times a year. Probably during a bad selling time. JMHO Steve
  • Options
    I didn't get an email, perhaps I've choosen not to get email from eBay.

Anyway on the Sell page there is a link that mentions the free listings. However it says "4 free listings" so it seems like a limited offer. I happen to have a few pictures hanging around so will list a few.
  • Options
    I've listed 20+ auctions and they were all free. No limit carlwolforth.

Cameron Kiefer
  • Options
    No limit on the auctions. I just listed about 350 including books that I have many copies of. They all wenft thru. Cost me 5 cents each for Buy It Now. Wish I had a lot more of my stuff ready to go. It's the best. JMHO Steve
  • Options
    route66 - what is your ebay name, I love books. image
  • Options
    I listed 2 coins today and I got charged for both of them. I wonder if it is only free to power sellers or something like that.
    Paul in Pine Hill
    ----------------------------------------
    My ebay auctions

• Options
    No, i'm no power seller, and I just put up a dozen for free

DAN
    United States Air Force Retired And Would Do It Again.

My first tassa slap 3/3/04

My shiny cents

imageThe half I am getting rid of and me, forever and always Taken in about 1959
  • Options
    BigD5, They dont want to give too much advance notice on freebies, they want to make it look like theyre doing you a favor without losing too much money! BTW, you still pay the Final Value Fee!
    You can fool man but you can't fool God! He knows why you do what you do!
  • Options
    RussRuss Posts: 48,515 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I listed 2 coins today and I got charged for both of them. >>

Did you have additional features, such as gallery or 10 day listing, or image services? Only the insertion fee itself is free. I listed some and, since I use gallery and 10 day, they were 35c each.

Russ, NCNE
  • Options
    You are absolutely right Russ. I just went and looked at my invoice and there is no entry for the insertion fee. Thanks for the heads up!
    Paul in Pine Hill
    ----------------------------------------
    My ebay auctions

• Options
    I sure wish that ebay would deep six their #$%%^^&* free listing day! It sure isn't hard to see when they have one - the colonial coin section suddenly has listings for everything from Yugo hubcaps to glow in the dark dildos.
  • Options
    Neptune. My user name is denimshirtco. I sell mostly new remainder books , mainly from Krause. They include Collectibles, Auto, Crafts, and hunting and guns. They also have some nice coin books I get once in a while. Steve
  • Options
    Wolf359Wolf359 Posts: 7,653 ✭✭✭
    3,200 Morgans listed today and counting. 1.5 hours left for Free Listing.

Geez...normally 1,500 or so.
  • Options
    BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,319 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I broke down and listed my UNC 1986 gold american eagle.
    I wasn't going to, but I want to sell it to try to save up for some of the 1oz gold lunar coins.
    I put a $100 start and a $125 BIN on the auction.

I will add a picture tomorrow, but I figured I would try this to avoid the ebay fee and see how it goes. I am not a selling pro like some of you guys. image

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file