Home U.S. Coin Forum

Opinions wanted on this 1824/1 BUST HALF DOLLAR

tsacchtsacch Posts: 2,929 ✭✭✭

I love bust halves, nice big coin, tons of beauty.....in a zoftic way.....but then again, i like miss morgan too....and.......

Ok, is she dipped and retoned, probably in my mind.........but still slabbable at the P and the N and maybe Anacs

Is she a BB for Cleaning???

Is she grossly hairlined in person........

Whats the seller like?

Fixed linkage
Family, kids, coins, sports (playing not watching), jet skiing, wakeboarding, Big Air....no one ever got hurt in the air....its the sudden stop that hurts. I hate Hurricane Sandy. I hate FEMA and i hate the blasted insurance companies.

Comments

• PlacidPlacid Posts: 11,301 ✭✭✭
    Links not working.
  • PlacidPlacid Posts: 11,301 ✭✭✭
    I can't tell much from the pictures other than it looks pretty nice.
    The seller does not post a return policy so I would e-mail and ask.
  • dorkkarldorkkarl Posts: 12,692 ✭✭✭
    it's a polished piece of junk. pass.

K S
  • darktonedarktone Posts: 8,437 ✭✭✭
    In the enlarged date area photo it can be seen to be cleaned and XF. mike
  • looks like a nice one to me although I would ask about the return policy
  • BaleyBaley Posts: 22,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    it's a polished piece of junk. pass.

I disagree. I do not think the coin is "junk." It has strong EF+ to AU details and some luster, but appears to have some surface issues, perhaps cleaning and/or some substance applied. I believe the coin has a value somewhere around a VF+ to EF+ depending on the extent of the surface "work" It could possibly be AU or even AU+, in hand.

Now, maybe the bidding has already reached a level where one should "pass", but it's not because the coin is "junk," it's because it's bid up to more than it's worth, and maybe is overgraded by the seller.

Liberty: Parent of Science & Industry

• I don't think it's junk, but it's definitely not "original," to say the least.
  • tsacchtsacch Posts: 2,929 ✭✭✭
    I think that AU is good for the amount of detail and it would probably net down to AU50 by anacs, perhaps lower.
    Family, kids, coins, sports (playing not watching), jet skiing, wakeboarding, Big Air....no one ever got hurt in the air....its the sudden stop that hurts. I hate Hurricane Sandy. I hate FEMA and i hate the blasted insurance companies.
  • dorkkarldorkkarl Posts: 12,692 ✭✭✭
    oops, meant to say it's "ruined"

K S

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file