Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

NEN Gothic arrives

Here is a quick down and dirty image I got during my lunch hour. I didn't get all the color by any means but it's a start. I like the color on this one better than the 66.

1847 UNDECIMO Victorian Gothic Crown PCGS PR64

The little chunk of white swill on her chin is NOT on the coin.

Comments

• Options
    trozautrozau Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭
    How about a picture of the triplets side by side?
    trozau (troy ounce gold)
  • Options
    Sometimes it's hard to explain to people my fascination with coins and medals. But when you can show them a picture of a coin like that, they nod their heads and say, "Oh..."

imageimage

Just stunning.
    Vern
    You want how much?!!
    NapoleonicMedals.org
    (Last update 3/6/2007)
  • Options
    laurentyvanlaurentyvan Posts: 4,243 ✭✭✭
    I think I stared for about three minutes until I could move. What are the odds that one of the worlds most beautiful coins would tone as perfectly as this one has? I've seen several drawings of this coin that don't begin to capture its beauty, grace, and majesty as well as this real one does!image
    One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics
    is that you end up being governed by inferiors. – Plato
  • Options
    Dude, you owe me a new keyboard!!!!!!

That is purty, purty, purty!!!
    Cecil
    Total Copper Nutcase - African, British Ships, Channel Islands!!!
    'Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup'
  • Options
    Just fantastic.

To me, kind of the classic of the Dark Side.

Congratulations, Cacheman. I can't help but think you will never regret a purchase like that. And I'm glad it worked out for you working with NEN.

Clankeye
    Brevity is the soul of wit. --William Shakespeare
  • Options
    NEN definately needs to find someone that can take better pictures. This one is gorgeous.

The more you show these Gothic Crowns the more I want one. I may have to sell my 20th US type set if you keep it up.
    Bill

09/07/2006
  • Options
    Congrats Scott. image I'm sure there is even more color that you can show us, and I agree that a group shot would be fantastic. "Coin of the Month" I'd say so.
    Terry

eBay Store

DPOTD Jan 2005, Meet the Darksiders
  • Options
    AethelredAethelred Posts: 9,288 ✭✭✭
    I don't understand why you didn't just have it shipped to me Scott? You did mean to title this thread "MERRY CHRISTMAS AETHELRED" didn't you?image
    If you are in the Western North Carolina area, please consider visiting our coin shop:

WNC Coins, LLC
    1987-C Hendersonville Road
    Asheville, NC 28803

wnccoins.com
  • Options
    cachemancacheman Posts: 3,113 ✭✭✭
    I'm beginning to think that we need to require Jester and this here dead king dude to switch names...image
  • Options
    1jester1jester Posts: 8,638 ✭✭✭
    I wouldn't be caught dead with that name...image

Cool coin, Cacheman!

imageimageimage
    .....GOD

"Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you." -Luke 11:9

"Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God is one LORD: And thou shalt love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might." -Deut. 6:4-5

"For the LORD is our judge, the LORD is our lawgiver, the LORD is our king; He will save us." -Isaiah 33:22
  • Options
    SYRACUSIANSYRACUSIAN Posts: 6,448 ✭✭✭✭
    So what is that little chunk? Mayonnaise from your unhealthy lunch? image
    Dimitri

myEbay

DPOTD 3
  • Options
    cachemancacheman Posts: 3,113 ✭✭✭
    not mine but probably some of the PCGS slabbers lunch...image actually, just looked at it under 10X and it's a small hit to the slab.
  • Options
    wybritwybrit Posts: 6,953 ✭✭✭
    Another fine example of this beautiful coin.
    Former owner, Cambridge Gate collection.
  • Options
    Drop dead gorgeous, Scott!! If you drop dead soon, would you please be so kind as to leave it to me in your will? (God, please forgive the lust in my heart!!image )
    Askari

Come on over ... to The Dark Side! image
  • Options
    laurentyvanlaurentyvan Posts: 4,243 ✭✭✭
    Cacheman, I keep coming back to this picture-way too many times! So, I ripped it off as a background and tiled it-kids are pi$$ed but what are you going to do?
    One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics
    is that you end up being governed by inferiors. – Plato
  • Options
    JamminJJamminJ Posts: 1,413 ✭✭✭
    Smokin', just smokin'.

-JamminJ
  • Options
    1jester1jester Posts: 8,638 ✭✭✭
    You know Scott? After (repeatedly) looking at these Gothic Crowns of yours, I've come to the conclusion that they're worthy of my collection.

Please send me one ASAP!

imageimageimage
    .....GOD

"Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you." -Luke 11:9

"Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God is one LORD: And thou shalt love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might." -Deut. 6:4-5

"For the LORD is our judge, the LORD is our lawgiver, the LORD is our king; He will save us." -Isaiah 33:22