Home› U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Check out this pcgs slab CONDOR???

I am not aware of these........ whats the deal a 20 cent coin in expensive plastic.......is this a do it yourself deal?

SLOB.......I MEAN SLAB
Family, kids, coins, sports (playing not watching), jet skiing, wakeboarding, Big Air....no one ever got hurt in the air....its the sudden stop that hurts. I hate Hurricane Sandy. I hate FEMA and i hate the blasted insurance companies.

Comments

  • Options
    That looks like an old sample slab - once Cameron wakes up he'll be able to tell you
  • Options
    orevilleoreville Posts: 12,429 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I recall that those were part of a big promotional giveaway by a retailer of some sort.
    A Collectors Universe poster since 1997!
  • Options
    RampageRampage Posts: 9,694 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That is a real slab.
  • Options
    I've actually seen those before, too.
  • Options
    MacCoinMacCoin Posts: 2,544 ✭✭
    there was alot of these cirulate ungraded wheateared cents in pcgs slabs going around a few years ago.
    image


    I hate it when you see my post before I can edit the spelling.

    Always looking for nice type coins

    my local dealer
  • Options
    airplanenutairplanenut Posts: 22,770 ✭✭✭✭✭
    PCGS 10

    "This slab was once thought to be scarce. It might still be semi scarce if no one saved them, but recently I found out from David Hall who told me “These were an item in a Random House marketed Scott Travers "Coin collecting starter kit. "I believed we did either 50,000 or 100,000 of them.” If this is the true production numbers, this is the largest number of samples made for any time from any of the services! Most samples don’t even have 1,000 made of one type.

    The Back of the slab is Green and white and does not have the hologram. The dates I have seen range from 1918 through 1929 and each coin is in Fine through Extremely Fine condition. Group lots of 4-8 of these samples can easily be found. This type could still be a challenge for a “short set” of sample slabs by trying to get one of each date. "
    JK Coin Photography - eBay Consignments | High Quality Photos | LOW Prices | 20% of Consignment Proceeds Go to Pancreatic Cancer Research
  • Options
    i have 2 of those, so they cant ve that rare
    image

    Go BIG or GO HOME. ©Bill
  • Options
    tsacchtsacch Posts: 2,929 ✭✭✭
    you guys are the freaking best at this stuff.......always have the answers.............kinda like my wife or mother-in-law.

    Thanks
    Family, kids, coins, sports (playing not watching), jet skiing, wakeboarding, Big Air....no one ever got hurt in the air....its the sudden stop that hurts. I hate Hurricane Sandy. I hate FEMA and i hate the blasted insurance companies.
  • Options
    Thanks Jeremy. It is a PCGS 10 sample slab and is common. They still sell for $4-8 on ebay if the title has the word Sample in it.

    Cameron Kiefer

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file