Home› U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Who will get there modern order graded first??? The both posted today!!!

As you know ITSJUSTME and MADMARTY have both had Modern Economy orders at PCGS for 2 months. Both were received on 9/15 and both are still there. Who will get their grades posted first. Make a choice and of all the correct entries, I'll pick one and they will receive a world famous MadMarty AU58 Frankie!

Mine, all I can say is that they rushed both orders through and at least on mine they were brutal!

LINE # CERT # COIN DATE DENOMINATION VARIETY COUNTRY GRADE
1 21353303 1972-S S$1 Silver USA MS67
2 21353304 1971-S 50C USA PR66
3 21353305 1967 25C SMS USA MS68
4 21353306 1969-S 50C USA PR66CA
5 21353307 1966 50C SMS USA MS65
6 21353308 1967 50C SMS USA MS67
6 21353310 1967 50C SMS USA MS67
6 21353311 1967 50C SMS USA MS65
6 21353312 1967 50C SMS USA MS67
6 21353313 1967 50C SMS USA MS65
6 21353314 1967 50C SMS USA MS66
6 21353309 1967 50C SMS USA MS67CA
7 21353315 1967 10C SMS USA MS65
8 21353316 1965 5C SMS USA MS66
9 21353317 1967 25C SMS USA MS66CA
10 21353318 1965 50C SMS USA MS65
10 21353319 1965 50C SMS USA MS64

Date Received: 09/15/2003
Date Shipped: No Date Specified


Brians



LINE # CERT # COIN DATE DENOMINATION VARIETY COUNTRY GRADE
1 21353258 2003-P 5C USA MS65FS
1 21353259 2003-P 5C USA MS65FS
2 21353260 2003-P 10C USA MS67FB
3 21353261 2003-P IL 25C Illinois USA MS67
4 21353262 2003-D IL 25C Illinois USA MS67
5 21353263 2003-P ME 25C Maine USA MS67
5 21353264 2003-P ME 25C Maine USA MS67
5 21353265 2003-P ME 25C Maine USA MS67
6 21353266 2003-D ME 25C Maine USA MS67
7 21353267 2003-P MO 25C Missouri USA MS67
7 21353268 2003-P MO 25C Missouri USA MS67
7 21353269 2003-P MO 25C Missouri USA MS67
7 21353270 2003-P MO 25C Missouri USA MS66
8 21353271 2003-P AR 25C Arkansas USA MS67
8 21353272 2003-P AR 25C Arkansas USA MS67
8 21353273 2003-P AR 25C Arkansas USA MS67
8 21353274 2003-P AR 25C Arkansas USA MS68
8 21353275 2003-P AR 25C Arkansas USA MS67
9 21353276 2003-D AR 25C Arkansas USA MS68
9 21353277 2003-D AR 25C Arkansas USA MS67
9 21353278 2003-D AR 25C Arkansas USA MS68
10 21353279 2003-P SAC $1 USA MS68
10 21353280 2003-P SAC $1 USA MS67
10 21353281 2003-P SAC $1 USA MS67
10 21353282 2003-P SAC $1 USA MS67
10 21353283 2003-P SAC $1 USA MS68
10 21353284 2003-P SAC $1 USA MS68
11 21353285 1976 $1 Type 2 USA MS67
11 21353286 1976 $1 Type 2 USA MS66
11 21353287 1976 $1 Type 2 USA MS64

Date Received: 09/15/2003
Date Shipped: No Date Specified


It is not exactly cheating, I prefer to consider it creative problem solving!!!

Comments

  • Options
    itsnotjustmeitsnotjustme Posts: 8,789 ✭✭✭
    I think MADMARTY will be first--he talked to HRH's assistant Friday. On my side, over a week ago, customer service told me they'd put it on the prioity list. They told me the same Thursday. I also PM'd Carol griping about modern submissions not being graded in the order they are received, and that I should not have to pay for the same service level when I am not getting it.

    Game On!
    Give Blood (Red Bags) & Platelets (Yellow Bags)!
  • Options
    itsnotjustmeitsnotjustme Posts: 8,789 ✭✭✭
    For the record, my invoice is 9012511. (No laughing if grades are low) Marty--post your invoice number.
    Give Blood (Red Bags) & Platelets (Yellow Bags)!
  • Options
    MadMartyMadMarty Posts: 16,697 ✭✭✭
    BTW my order is 17 coins (all DCAMs), and they graders are admiring them, because they have never seen so many nice DCAMs in one order!!!

    Invoice # 3116942
    It is not exactly cheating, I prefer to consider it creative problem solving!!!

  • Options
    I think MadMarty will be first. AU58s go through quicker. image
    image

    image
  • Options
    TassaTassa Posts: 2,373 ✭✭
  • Options
    itsnotjustmeitsnotjustme Posts: 8,789 ✭✭✭
    Mine is 30 coins. My addition to the prize pool is a PCGS slabbed SMS coin of my choice. Maybe an MS66 Jeff, or MS67 Washington. My prize will also go to a randomly selected good guesser--most like not the same winner selected by MadMarty.
    Give Blood (Red Bags) & Platelets (Yellow Bags)!
  • Options
    FrattLawFrattLaw Posts: 3,290 ✭✭
    Hey enter me and if I win I'll donate the coin to the 2nd Annual 4th of July YN Giveawy I organize! (uninhibited self promoting, but for a good cause)

    I'll guess MadMarty!

    Michael
  • Options
    itsnotjustmeitsnotjustme Posts: 8,789 ✭✭✭
    I might get an AU58 too--look at the Ike on the right!
    image
    Reverses
    Give Blood (Red Bags) & Platelets (Yellow Bags)!
  • Options
    TheNumishTheNumish Posts: 1,628 ✭✭
    Mt vote is that it will be a tie. They will both be posted the same day. Do I get both coins if I win?image
  • Options
    cosmicdebriscosmicdebris Posts: 12,332 ✭✭✭
    I got to go with Brian! That crazy Parrot-Head might pukith all over the prize.
    Bill

    image

    09/07/2006
  • Options
    PeetiePeetie Posts: 627 ✭✭
    After a PM to Carol heads may roll in the grading room. I vote for itsnotjustme (Brian) imageimage
  • Options
    Marty gets my vote with Brian a close second image

    DAN
    United States Air Force Retired And Would Do It Again.

    My first tassa slap 3/3/04

    My shiny cents

    imageThe half I am getting rid of and me, forever and always Taken in about 1959
  • Options
    Brian gets mine. Since just about everyone's going for Marty. Who knows, they may both get lost in the mail...image
    What is money, in reality, but dirty pieces of paper and metal upon which privilege is stamped?
  • Options
    RampageRampage Posts: 9,696 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ITSNOTJUSTME, AKA Brian, get's my vote, too.

    The IKE far on the right is for sure an AU55-58. Congratulations!!
  • Options
    BigEBigE Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭
    I don't want your junkie AU 58 Skanklin, don't expect me to guess until you put up a better prizeimage---------------------------------BigEimage
    I'm glad I am a Tree
  • Options
    Ole MadMarty has to get his first.
    Today's mighty oak is just yesterday's nut that held its ground.
  • Options
    foodudefoodude Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭
    ITSJUSTME, but Marty will get more AU58s, even though he apparently submitted all proof coins image
    Greg Allen Coins, LLC Show Schedule: https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/573044/our-show-schedule-updated-10-2-16 Authorized dealer for NGC, PCGS, CAC, and QA. Member of PNG, RTT (Founding Platinum Member), FUN, MSNS, and NCBA (formerly ICTA); Life Member of ANA and CSNS. NCBA Board member. "GA3" on CCE.
  • Options
    jcpingjcping Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭

    Mirror, mirror , what is the correct answer .......

    MadMarty will get his first image
    an SLQ and Ike dollars lover
  • Options
    RussRuss Posts: 48,514 ✭✭✭
    I'll get mine graded first. I'm sending it in Monday.

    Russ, NCNE
  • Options
    itsnotjustmeitsnotjustme Posts: 8,789 ✭✭✭
    Russ is probably right.
    Give Blood (Red Bags) & Platelets (Yellow Bags)!
  • Options
    Marty will be first....Ken
  • Options
    robertprrobertpr Posts: 6,862 ✭✭✭
    I think I'll go out on a limb and say they will both be finished on the same day (though not necessarily at the same time of day). Probably some day late in 2008 or so image
  • Options
    BubbleheadBubblehead Posts: 1,621 ✭✭✭
    I'm gonna go for same day, too!
  • Options
    I bet Russ will win.image

    Cameron Kiefer
  • Options
    I will say that Marty get his order filled first.image
  • Options
    mgoodm3mgoodm3 Posts: 17,497 ✭✭✭
    Itsnotjustme will be first, Marty is cursed.
    coinimaging.com/my photography articles Check out the new macro lens testing section
  • Options
    Marty week of Thanksgiving. HRH wants a Turkey from Marty (AU Frankie), so he'll push the order thru. Inserts are pre-typed with CAM.
    PCGS sets under The Thomas Collections. Modern Commemoratives @ NGC under "One Coin at a Time". USMC Active 1966 thru 1970" The real War.
  • Options
    bumanchubumanchu Posts: 1,383 ✭✭✭
    Wow, do I feel special! I submitted order #9013064 which was received by PCGS on 10-3-03 and grades were posted on 10-27-03!! Also it is of note that one of the coins was a 1996 ASE that was graded PR70DCAM. Population 16..... saaaalute!image
    And I ain't lying this time.
  • Options
    itsnotjustmeitsnotjustme Posts: 8,789 ✭✭✭


    << <i>#9013064 which was received by PCGS on 10-3-03 and grades were posted on 10-27-03!! >>

    Was this a modern order? If yes, that is exactly my complaint--we both paid the same but you got a better level of service.
    Give Blood (Red Bags) & Platelets (Yellow Bags)!
  • Options
    DHeathDHeath Posts: 8,472 ✭✭✭
    Brian will be first. Marty is a dealer.image
    Developing theory is what we are meant to do as academic researchers
    and it sets us apart from practitioners and consultants. Gregor
  • Options
    MadMartyMadMarty Posts: 16,697 ✭✭✭
    Contest update! No grades yet!
    It is not exactly cheating, I prefer to consider it creative problem solving!!!

  • Options
    RussRuss Posts: 48,514 ✭✭✭
    I sent off a modern submission that went out this morning. I still think it will be done before Marty's. image

    Russ, NCNE
  • Options
    I say Brian.
    Successful transactions with: goldman86, dmarks, CoinFame, segoja, commoncents05, wondercoin, Dabigkahuna, Levinll, RNCHSN, MrOrganic, Type2, ModernCoinMart, alohagary, BECOKA, guitarwes, rbf, fishteeth, freechance, agentjim007, PQPeace, Russ, GSAGuy
  • Options
    itsnotjustmeitsnotjustme Posts: 8,789 ✭✭✭
    No Grades Monday.
    Give Blood (Red Bags) & Platelets (Yellow Bags)!
  • Options
    foodudefoodude Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭
    Brian will be first. Marty is a dealer. I've also heard the graders like to keep Marty's AU58s around a few extras days .... they like to pass them around the office for extra laughsimage
    Greg Allen Coins, LLC Show Schedule: https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/573044/our-show-schedule-updated-10-2-16 Authorized dealer for NGC, PCGS, CAC, and QA. Member of PNG, RTT (Founding Platinum Member), FUN, MSNS, and NCBA (formerly ICTA); Life Member of ANA and CSNS. NCBA Board member. "GA3" on CCE.
  • Options
    bumanchubumanchu Posts: 1,383 ✭✭✭
    Bumanchu here, it was a modern submission and I am not a dealer. The submission was a
    Collectors Club submission.
    And I ain't lying this time.
  • Options
    BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,790 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you talked to Carol, then I think that is the real power.
    I vote "Itsjustme" will be first.

    Ron

    I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

  • Options
    MadMartyMadMarty Posts: 16,697 ✭✭✭
    Grades are in! Both posted today!
    It is not exactly cheating, I prefer to consider it creative problem solving!!!

  • Options
    way to go dead eye! image
  • Options
    itsnotjustmeitsnotjustme Posts: 8,789 ✭✭✭
    Wow--maybe they were waiting to confirm my MS67 Clad Ike! Or my AR quarters!

    LINE # CERT # COIN DATE DENOMINATION VARIETY COUNTRY GRADE
    1 21353258 2003-P 5C USA MS65FS
    1 21353259 2003-P 5C USA MS65FS
    2 21353260 2003-P 10C USA MS67FB
    3 21353261 2003-P IL 25C Illinois USA MS67
    4 21353262 2003-D IL 25C Illinois USA MS67
    5 21353263 2003-P ME 25C Maine USA MS67
    5 21353264 2003-P ME 25C Maine USA MS67
    5 21353265 2003-P ME 25C Maine USA MS67
    6 21353266 2003-D ME 25C Maine USA MS67
    7 21353267 2003-P MO 25C Missouri USA MS67
    7 21353268 2003-P MO 25C Missouri USA MS67
    7 21353269 2003-P MO 25C Missouri USA MS67
    7 21353270 2003-P MO 25C Missouri USA MS66
    8 21353271 2003-P AR 25C Arkansas USA MS67
    8 21353272 2003-P AR 25C Arkansas USA MS67
    8 21353273 2003-P AR 25C Arkansas USA MS67
    8 21353274 2003-P AR 25C Arkansas USA MS68
    8 21353275 2003-P AR 25C Arkansas USA MS67
    9 21353276 2003-D AR 25C Arkansas USA MS68
    9 21353277 2003-D AR 25C Arkansas USA MS67
    9 21353278 2003-D AR 25C Arkansas USA MS68
    10 21353279 2003-P SAC $1 USA MS68
    10 21353280 2003-P SAC $1 USA MS67
    10 21353281 2003-P SAC $1 USA MS67
    10 21353282 2003-P SAC $1 USA MS67
    10 21353283 2003-P SAC $1 USA MS68
    10 21353284 2003-P SAC $1 USA MS68
    11 21353285 1976 $1 Type 2 USA MS67
    11 21353286 1976 $1 Type 2 USA MS66
    11 21353287 1976 $1 Type 2 USA MS64

    Date Received: 09/15/2003
    Date Shipped: No Date Specified
    Give Blood (Red Bags) & Platelets (Yellow Bags)!
  • Options
    RussRuss Posts: 48,514 ✭✭✭
    Marty,

    I have to assume that you expected cameos on all the SMS Kennedys - correct? This worries me because it indicates that PCGS is being stupidly tight right now.

    Russ, NCNE
  • Options
    itsnotjustmeitsnotjustme Posts: 8,789 ✭✭✭
    Three people guessed tie.

    TheNumish
    Robertpr
    Bubblehead

    As my random selection, I decided to take my (formerly) current post count (5433) and divide it by three. If the remainer is:

    1 TheNumish wins
    2 Robertpr wins
    0 Bubblehead wins

    Remainder is 0
    BUBBLEHEAD wins! Bubblehead Wins!
    Prize option is
    A) 1965 SMS Jefferson, MS66
    B) 2003-P Jefferson, MS65
    C) 2003-P Roosevelt, 67FB
    D) 2003-P MO, MS66

    PM address and selection to get your prize!
    Give Blood (Red Bags) & Platelets (Yellow Bags)!
  • Options
    BubbleheadBubblehead Posts: 1,621 ✭✭✭
    Brian,
    I thank you for putting up a coin as a prize.
    Please allow airplanenut to select his choice,
    to be included in his next charity auction.
    Thanks again, Jerr
  • Options
    itsnotjustmeitsnotjustme Posts: 8,789 ✭✭✭
    Airplanenut for the auction it is.
    Give Blood (Red Bags) & Platelets (Yellow Bags)!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file