Home› U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Shop @Home Coin Vault

Is this is complete rip off or what? 1950-1957 proof sets $2,999.95 !!!

Comments

  • Options
    I like to watch the coin vault when I need a good laugh.
  • Options
    Yeah, all of the shopping channels are ripoffs on coins -- HSN, ShopNBC, ShopAtHome Network, and QVC. 3 "O" mint Morgan dollars in BU condition for $119.97 PLUS $6.49 S&H. What a ripoff! image

    BTW, check out the telescope on QVC right now. This is actually a pretty good deal (but I already have a different one). image
    Author of MrKelso's official cheat thread words of wisdom on 5/30/04. image
    imageimage
    Check out a Vanguard Roth IRA.
  • Options
    Best numismatic comedy on the tube!! image
  • Options
    I like those rare gold plated state quarters for investment...you can't get them anywhere else...not even from the Mint.image
    A thing of beauty is a joy for ever
  • Options
    MacCoinMacCoin Posts: 2,544 ✭✭
    I think this home shopping thing is a blessing. my P/D BU state set is 2x face.
    image


    I hate it when you see my post before I can edit the spelling.

    Always looking for nice type coins

    my local dealer
  • Options
    wingedlibertywingedliberty Posts: 4,805 ✭✭✭
    They are all agents of satan. They also flat out lie!. They invent numismatic history and the ANA does not have the authority to challenge them. I wish something could be done to stop these scum.
    There are those who say that they introduce many to the hobby, but its the same failed argument that is used vis a vis. Littleton and others. At what cost?
    Add them to the Numismatic Axis of Evil, along with ACG,NTC, and Littleton.
  • Options
    Yeah,
    Me too, I sit and watch and laugh. Wonder how many suckers have fallen for their bull and put down money on their over priced coins. I admittedly am pretty new to coin collecting but even I could tell it was too much. Wonder what kind of people buy from them? If you've ever watched any of their other programs you'll notice they give the same high pressure sell on computers or cookware or even jewelry.
    Too comical! The phone is ringing off the hook and everythings almost gone!! image
  • Options
    I watch too when I get the chance - it's like a magnet - you just have to see what they are going to offer next!

    "wait a minute...this can't be right.....oh well, our mistake could be your opportunity" When they say this, you know you are getting ripped off! image
    SNIKT!
    You are doing well, subject 15837. You are a good person.
  • Options
    Wouldn't it be wild to see them hawk, say, five genuine 1793 chain cents? I can't even imagine what they'd
    charge for them.
  • Options


    << <i>complete rip off >>





    << <i>I like to watch the coin vault when I need a good laugh >>





    << <i>numismatic comedy >>





    << <i>agents of satan >>





    What are you guys saying??? I get most of my coins from QVC!
    I switched over to them after I started to feel like Littleton was ripping me off.
  • Options
    Comedy or old fashioned Tearjerker?
  • Options
    INXSINXS Posts: 1,202 ✭
    I bought from CV when I first started collecting. The problem is if you dont have someone to ask or you dont know about CV you think its legit. I sit back now and laugh at the speal but thats how I got started. I didnt know any better.

    imageimageimage
    "Well here's another nice mess you have gotten me into" Oliver Hardy 1930
    image

    BST successful dealings with:MsMorrisine, goldman86
  • Options
    I have a confession to make. Years ago I actually bought a batch of 50's proof sets from the Coin Vault, 25+ or so as I remember. At that time they were actually selling them at a price between bid and ask.

    I do believe they really were unopened as advertised as I pulled some nice cameos.

    However, it's plain to see that back when they were getting started they didn't know just how much they could rip the public for. I'm sure they would want almost twice ask for the same sets today.

    "Lenin is certainly right. There is no subtler or more severe means of overturning the existing basis of society(destroy capitalism) than to debauch the currency. The process engages all the hidden forces of economic law on the side of destruction, and it does it in a manner which not one man in a million is able to diagnose."
    John Marnard Keynes, The Economic Consequences of the Peace, 1920, page 235ff
  • Options
    How about 10- 2003 Silver Eagles for $190.95! I wish I could sell mine for that!
    You can fool man but you can't fool God! He knows why you do what you do!
  • Options
    krankykranky Posts: 8,709 ✭✭✭


    << <i>Wouldn't it be wild to see them hawk, say, five genuine 1793 chain cents? I can't even imagine what they'd
    charge for them. >>



    That's never going to happen. They are only interested in material that is available in huge quantities so it's worth their time to put it on the air. By definition, that stuff is not rare. I can't figure out why even the newbie buyers don't realize it because the shows keep peddling the same items over and over.

    New collectors, please educate yourself before spending money on coins; there are people who believe that using numismatic knowledge to rip the naïve is what this hobby is all about.

  • Options
    All that needs to be said is Mike sleezack.. Nothing more nothing less.


    Byron


    Oh ya and anybody that shows his teeth that much is hiding behind his dental work.
    Im unemployed again after 1.5 years with Kittyhawk they let me go. image

    My first YOU SUCK on May 6 2005
  • Options
    BillJonesBillJones Posts: 35,966 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Given the high prices for cameo Proof coins, it's possible that those sets could be worth that or even a lot more. HOWEVER what these Bozos are selling is probably the usual dipped out sets that contain mostly PR-63 and 64 coins.

    Yes, the listening to these programs can be a laugh riot for an experienced collector. But sadly there are enough people out there who believe their line of bull, and keep these guys in business.
    Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?
  • Options
    DrWhoDrWho Posts: 562 ✭✭
    That's Entertainment!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file