Home› U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Indian Head Cent Question.......

This looks like an original surface to me. What do you think?

Click me

Comments

  • Options
    mgoodm3mgoodm3 Posts: 17,497 ✭✭✭
    Looks like nice color and luster to me, but pictures can lie.
    coinimaging.com/my photography articles Check out the new macro lens testing section
  • Options
    airplanenutairplanenut Posts: 22,770 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Unless an image is doctored, getting that type of cartwheel to appear would normally indicate a good coin... what makes you say doctored? The reverse does look funny, but that could be since it is also a very soft (out of focus) image.

    Jeremy
    JK Coin Photography - eBay Consignments | High Quality Photos | LOW Prices | 20% of Consignment Proceeds Go to Pancreatic Cancer Research
  • Options
    EagleEyeEagleEye Posts: 7,677 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That coin definitly looks like a whizzed junker! The luster is way too much. Not at all what original gems look like. I pitty the buyer.
    Rick Snow, Eagle Eye Rare Coins, Inc.Check out my new web site:
  • Options
    mgoodm3mgoodm3 Posts: 17,497 ✭✭✭
    If I were you I would believe the previous reply.
    coinimaging.com/my photography articles Check out the new macro lens testing section
  • Options
    coinguy1coinguy1 Posts: 13,484 ✭✭✭
    And, if I were you, I'd believe the previous two replies.image
  • Options
    PushkinPushkin Posts: 2,029 ✭✭✭

    And if I were you, I'd believe the references to the reply that the previous two replies said you should believe.
  • Options
    291fifth291fifth Posts: 25,232 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't bid. This coin should be in a slab. It isn't. There is, as always, a reason. Never trust online photos, no matter how nice they look.
    All glory is fleeting.
  • Options
    PushkinPushkin Posts: 2,029 ✭✭✭


    << <i>Never trust online photos, no matter how nice they look. >>



    Unless they are my online photos, then you will know for certain that the coin looks better in reality, probably much better.image

    edited: The to know know is spelled know, not no.imageimage
  • Options

    That one would definitely appeal to Shinyboycoin and is why ebay is a dangerous place.
  • Options
    PushkinPushkin Posts: 2,029 ✭✭✭


    << <i>why ebay is a dangerous place. >>



    Absolutely. But I still love eBay. It is great for the cautious variety collector - but be very cautious.
  • Options
    BillJonesBillJones Posts: 35,966 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The color and sharpness look "funky" to me. Even the true red pieces show some evidence of aging. This one looks like "a better coin though chemistry" or perhaps photographic enhancement.
    Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?
  • Options
    Up, up and away!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file