Home World & Ancient Coins Forum

* Whimper *

If I could be assured of having these kinds of people bid on them, I'd sell off my entire medal collection on eBay - note the initial and final bids for this 1934 FIFA World Cup - Roma medal. I believe this was simply a participant's badge, but even if it were an award medal, it's hard to see it rising to such a price. image
Askari

Come on over ... to The Dark Side! image

Comments

• Lars must be dancing! Looks like a clear-cut case of "not gonna be out-bid" mania. I used to do that when I first went onto eBay, before I learned that there really were more than one of anything made. Bertil didn't hype it at all; in fact the photos are his usual scans.

Of course in the world of Napoleonic medals people consistently have bid outrageous prices on modern restrikes. This just drives me CRAZY!!! Not only do they get a medal they could order from the Paris mint for a tenth the price they make my life tougher trying to buy originals for something less than a gallon of blood... image
    Vern
    You want how much?!!
    NapoleonicMedals.org
    (Last update 3/6/2007)
  • A true statue-of-liberty player.....
    Cecil
    Total Copper Nutcase - African, British Ships, Channel Islands!!!
    'Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup'
  • JohnZJohnZ Posts: 1,732
    Yeah, Lars has gotta be dancin' a jig over that one. Well, good for him. I've bought from him several times, and he's an honest dealer. And he ships very quickly from Sweden. He really isn't out to swindle anyone, but if some newbie wants to pay that kind of money, so be it.

We ARE watching you.

• Dang I wouldn't more than $10.00 for that one but that's just me.
    Bill

09/07/2006
  • Obviously looking at the buyers feedback and what he has bid on, he is a rabid soccer fan.

Doesn't look like he is a medal collector. Looks more like he is interested in soccer memborabila. And if that's the case, he may enjoy this thing for the rest of his life and think it was money well spent.

I hope so.

Clankeye
    Brevity is the soul of wit. --William Shakespeare
  • CIVITASCIVITAS Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭
    This is definitely one of those cases where "it takes two." There was obviously a second person who was willing to pay a mere $35.00 less. The most important bid is the second highest.......
    https://www.civitasgalleries.com

New coins listed monthly!

Josh Moran

CIVITAS Galleries, Ltd.
  • What's sad is these guys probably think they're investing for their kids' college fund...
    Vern
    You want how much?!!
    NapoleonicMedals.org
    (Last update 3/6/2007)