Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

A few from todays coin show here in Spokane

We had a nice little coin show here in Spokane, Washington today and here are a couple
of todays aquisitions:
Canadian Davis Comm - really beautiful cameo - pictures don't do it justice
Another Canadian - the Griffon:
And a neatly toned South African
More laterimage
Shep

Comments

• Options
    mongoosemongoose Posts: 589 ✭✭
    Nice ships , shep! The Davis is one of my Canadian favorites. There is a very striking cameo contrast between the iceberg and the ship/water.
    Joe
  • Options
    wybritwybrit Posts: 6,953 ✭✭✭
    I like the 1956 1d.
    Former owner, Cambridge Gate collection.
  • Options
    oldshepoldshep Posts: 3,240
    Thanks Joe - The cameo effect as well as the ship is what really caught my eye

Wybrit - 1jester turned me on to that beautiful South African penny design - I can't get enough of it.
    Shep
  • Options
    Beauties Shep image Looking forward to seeing more!

Class of '72, Shadle Park HS
    Vern
    You want how much?!!
    NapoleonicMedals.org
    (Last update 3/6/2007)
  • Options
    ships-a-hoy!!image Very nice Shep
    Terry

eBay Store

DPOTD Jan 2005, Meet the Darksiders
  • Options
    1jester1jester Posts: 8,638 ✭✭✭
    Glad to see you're expanding your collection, Shep--nice coins!

imageimageimage
    .....GOD

"Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you." -Luke 11:9

"Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God is one LORD: And thou shalt love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might." -Deut. 6:4-5

"For the LORD is our judge, the LORD is our lawgiver, the LORD is our king; He will save us." -Isaiah 33:22
  • Options
    1jester turned me on to that beautiful South African penny design - I can't get enough of it.

Jester has great taste in numismatics.
  • Options
    Why, thank you, Sir! ...with a lot of help from the Wybrit Museum and Holdings...image

imageimageimage
    .....GOD

"Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you." -Luke 11:9

"Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God is one LORD: And thou shalt love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might." -Deut. 6:4-5

"For the LORD is our judge, the LORD is our lawgiver, the LORD is our king; He will save us." -Isaiah 33:22
  • Options
    ajaanajaan Posts: 17,109 ✭✭✭✭✭

1jester turned me on to that beautiful South African penny design - I can't get enough of it.
    Shep

Oh Shep . . .

DPOTD-3
    'Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery'

CU #3245 B.N.A. #428

Don
  • Options
    oldshepoldshep Posts: 3,240
    Don - Get thee behind me satan and don't pushimage
    After the last two days at the show my wife is wondering how could I spend money buying moneyimage
    Shep
    PS - That is a knockout one on ebay - sigh
  • Options
    After the last two days at the show my wife is wondering how could I spend money buying money

I know that feeling. My wife wants me to liquidate the whole bloomin' lot of them, especially given the latest British coin market trends for certain types and denominations. She can't understand this British coin obsession I have. I can't say I have a good reason to give her for it either.image
  • Options
    ajaanajaan Posts: 17,109 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I must admit, my wife has never complained about me buying coins. In fact, she usually questions me when I sell something from my collection. She wants to make sure I really want to sell it. I sure wished I listened to her when I sold a certain 1799 1/2d.image

DPOTD-3
    'Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery'

CU #3245 B.N.A. #428

Don
  • Options
    Nice coins, Shep.

Cameos don't get much more Cameo than the 87. Yes indeed, they would give that the coveted "Ultra Heavy Cameo" in a heartbeat.

Clankeye
    Brevity is the soul of wit. --William Shakespeare
  • Options
    Nice ones John!!!
    Becoming informed but still trying to learn every day!
    1-Dammit Boy Oct 14,2003

International Coins
    "A work in progress"

Wayne
    eBay registered name:
    Hard_ Search (buyer/bidder, a small time seller)
    e-mail: wayne.whatley@gmail.com
  • Options
    Ajaan, I've got one of Spinaker's reject 1799 1/2ds if you simply must have a replacement....image

imageimageimage
    .....GOD

• Options
    Thanks Wayne - see what you started!!!!image
    Shep
  • Options
    Very nice coins!
    So many coins, so little money!
    Ebay name: bhil3