Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

Where can I buy one of those wavy coins?

I am looking for one of those French "wave" coins that came out around the Millenium. I think they were a 1 franc coin and I had meant to grab one just because I thought it was a neat gimmic for a circulation coin (although hard as heck to use in a coke machine!!). And what is a good/fair price for one?

Silvereaglecoins, do you have them?

-Thanks!!!
-John
Wanted: High grade Irish (Republic of Ireland, not Northern Ireland or British) coins, slabbed and unslabbed. Also looking for Proof and Uncirculated Sets
PM with info.

Auction Sniper For all your sniping needs. Tell them I sent you and I'll get three free snipes!

e-bay ID= 29john29

Comments

• Options
    BlackhawkBlackhawk Posts: 3,898 ✭✭✭
    I bought mine on Ebay.
    "Have a nice day!"
  • Options
    Bill

09/07/2006
  • Options
    I'm sold out of these but your best bet is Coast to Coast Coins as Bill said. Here's an Earlier Thread on this very subject.
    My eBay Auctions

Silver Eagle Coin Company Website
    Silver Chinese Pandas, Canadian Maple Leafs, Australian Kookaburras, Mexican Libertads, and Austrian Philharmonics NOW AVAILABLE at Excellent Prices!
  • Options
    nwcsnwcs Posts: 13,387 ✭✭✭
    I remember when they came out. It was kinda cool, but I didn't want to buy one. But I'd bet ebay has them at this point. I saw one coin, I cannot remember which nation, in the ANA mag that had a blue ring. The pic they had was a deep blue and I was ready to buy it. But when I saw what it really looked like, it wasn't as enticing to me.
  • Options
    Thanks everyone for all the help. I went ahead and bought one from C to C Coins since they still had them for $39, PandaAmerica was charging $59 and the only one on ebay was $55 (with no bids on it)

Thanks again for all the great help!!! YEAH DARKSIDE!!!
    -John
    Wanted: High grade Irish (Republic of Ireland, not Northern Ireland or British) coins, slabbed and unslabbed. Also looking for Proof and Uncirculated Sets
    PM with info.

Auction Sniper For all your sniping needs. Tell them I sent you and I'll get three free snipes!

e-bay ID= 29john29
  • Options

Cameron Kiefer
  • Options
    AethelredAethelred Posts: 9,288 ✭✭✭
    Too much wine at the French Mint???????image
    If you are in the Western North Carolina area, please consider visiting our coin shop:

WNC Coins, LLC
    1987-C Hendersonville Road
    Asheville, NC 28803

wnccoins.com