Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

It used to be that the Darkside was a great place.....

...BUT hasn't it been improving lately??!!!!

We've got not only our old contributors, such as Tbirde dishing out Krause info, Newbie presenting more and more nice ship coins, Cacheman taunting us with his incredible Goetz medals and Gothic Crowns, Darkhorse dazzling us with his imagery, Aethelred always ready to good-naturedly slam the willing Green-toe, and Ajaan willingly accepting the old-fashioned fun, a Crofter's Mouse squeeking around pilfering the offering plate of all the mint red Vickies, Cosmicdebris making us all envious of his Eddie Money, Severo presenting us our recommended weekly allowance of Darkside coins, Wybrit allowing us to glance at the Royal Coin Museum, Mongoose and Spinaker showing off their latest treasures, Python with his outstanding collection of British hammered and milled shockers, Clankeye quick to snatch up all the nice Canadian toners, Luvdawgs busy ogling them, occasional sightings of the Official Yeti, random assessments by the Kat of Coins, and Ambassador Askari always leading others down the Dark path....

.....but we've been blessed with new reinforcements!!

We've got newcomers joining our ranks from the Lightside, such as MrEureka, CCRdragon, LucyBop and Nwcs, and TheBoz with his outstanding collections of cars, cats and luscious ladies, as well as esteemed collectors showing up from overseas, such as Lloyd the emminent dealer/expert from Wales, Dimitri the Gentlemanly Syracusian, and the Link-Meister Shipcoin from Israel. Furthermore, we've got a Poet Laurentiat in our midst, constantly showering us with some of the most beautiful verse this side of Coinalot.

This is a great place to be. Let the Darkness Roll On!!!!

imageimageimage

PS: my apologies to the great contributers I've neglected to mention. There are so many. Thank you all!!!
.....GOD

"Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you." -Luke 11:9

"Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God is one LORD: And thou shalt love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might." -Deut. 6:4-5

"For the LORD is our judge, the LORD is our lawgiver, the LORD is our king; He will save us." -Isaiah 33:22

Comments

• Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    And who, pray tell, would the Official Yeti be? imageimageimage

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    laurentyvanlaurentyvan Posts: 4,243 ✭✭✭
    You are the all-encompassing yeti, able to move like a will-o-the wisp, transcending all forums!image
    One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics
    is that you end up being governed by inferiors. – Plato
  • Options
    Yeti Alert!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! image
    Bill

09/07/2006
  • Options
    theboz11theboz11 Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭
    It sure is a great Place, so many beautiful coins to look at and not worry about the GRADE.
  • Options
    newsmannewsman Posts: 2,658 ✭✭✭
  • Options
    This is an awesome place to just sit back, kick your shoes off and not worry about things. Have fun and enjoy the company is what I do here. image
    currently owned by 5 Labradors

Blaze - Yellow male b 3/17/93
    Onyx - Black male b 3/7/99
    Duchess - Yellow female mix b 3/12/02 rescued 9/18/02
    Rifle - Yellow male mix b 12/1/02 rescued 8/8/03
    Diamond - Black female b 5/3/05 adopted 8/3/05

First Cam-slam - 9/21/04

My eBay
  • Options
    Nice post 1Jester. image

Have you all thought about what you're going to get me for Christmas?

Clankeye
    Brevity is the soul of wit. --William Shakespeare
  • Options
    ajaanajaan Posts: 17,125 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Speaking of yetis, I exchanged PMs with Maria (RedScorpio) today. Nice to hear she is doing fine.

DPOTD-3
    'Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery'

CU #3245 B.N.A. #428

Don
  • Options

<< <i>Have you all thought about what you're going to get me for Christmas? >>

You were supposed to say "Not yeti."

Bada-bing.
    Brevity is the soul of wit. --William Shakespeare
  • Options
    oldshepoldshep Posts: 3,240
    PS: my apologies to the great contributers I've neglected to mention

sob.
    Shep
  • Options
    ajaanajaan Posts: 17,125 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shep, he said great contributers . image

You know I'm kidding.

DPOTD-3
    'Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery'

CU #3245 B.N.A. #428

Don
  • Options
    oldshepoldshep Posts: 3,240
    Shep
  • Options
    nwcsnwcs Posts: 13,387 ✭✭✭
    I'm enjoying the enjoyment of coins here. Not the constant regurgitation of the same issues elsewhere. image

Neil
  • Options
    AethelredAethelred Posts: 9,288 ✭✭✭
    Yes it is! We have Yetis'o'plenty (is that Irish?), a ferocious Brit eating mouse, a green-toed hobbit, a grumpy yet boring dead king and his loyal court jester! What more could a person ask for?image
    If you are in the Western North Carolina area, please consider visiting our coin shop:

WNC Coins, LLC
    1987-C Hendersonville Road
    Asheville, NC 28803

wnccoins.com
  • Options
    Princesses? imageimage

• Options
    It has been great around here, sometimes a bit slow, but mostly great post, pics and info. image I be happy! image
    Terry

eBay Store

DPOTD Jan 2005, Meet the Darksiders
  • Options
    wybritwybrit Posts: 6,953 ✭✭✭
    A great place to visit and stay awhile!
    Former owner, Cambridge Gate collection.
  • Options
    LucyBopLucyBop Posts: 14,004 ✭✭✭
    More Darkside for me!

imageimage
    imageBe Bop A Lula!!
    "Senorita HepKitty"
    "I want a real cool Kitty from Hepcat City, to stay in step with me" - Bill Carter
  • Options
    This is a great place to be even though I was totally passed over on the lists.
    So many coins, so little money!
    Ebay name: bhil3
  • Options
    Thanks Jester - it tends to be more civil and more about coins for the love of coins over here as opposed to the constant arguments about grades and colors and other non-coin issues over in the light!
    Cecil
    Total Copper Nutcase - African, British Ships, Channel Islands!!!
    'Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup'
  • Options

<< <i>This is a great place to be even though I was totally passed over on the lists. >>

There is a whole list of people not on the list.
    "If I had a nickel for every nickel I ever had, I'd have all my nickels back".
  • Options

<< <i>This is a great place to be even though I was totally passed over on the lists. >>

Sighimage
  • Options
    Hey Jester!
    May be I'm a Link-Meister, but I'm not from Russia, I'm from ISRAEL!!!image

P.S. Sorry for my Russian accent...
    N. N.
  • Options
    cachemancacheman Posts: 3,113 ✭✭✭
    We even have our own village idiot who claims to be into stocks...image
  • Options
    1jester1jester Posts: 8,638 ✭✭✭
    Shipcoin---OOPS!!!image I guess I deserve to eat crow for assuming.image

And I repeat, once again, my regrets for not remembering to put in everybody.

imageimageimage
    .....GOD

"Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you." -Luke 11:9

"Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God is one LORD: And thou shalt love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might." -Deut. 6:4-5

"For the LORD is our judge, the LORD is our lawgiver, the LORD is our king; He will save us." -Isaiah 33:22
  • Options
    Jester!

Thanks for your post--- I mean the first one, which opens the thread! And doesn't matter what country I'm from , I'm proud to be here and I really like very much also the forum and also the gyus here (I suppose that in that context the word " gyus" includes also the ladies of forum -special thanks for the Princesse of the North for her greetings). I already learned a lot of new things and hope that will be able also to contribute!

And now I can tell you, confidentially of courseimage that originally I'm...yes from Russiaimage
    N. N.
  • Options
    I think are very welcome here Nick. I am happy I was able to get you to join us..image
    Becoming informed but still trying to learn every day!
    1-Dammit Boy Oct 14,2003

International Coins
    "A work in progress"

Wayne
    eBay registered name:
    Hard_ Search (buyer/bidder, a small time seller)
    e-mail: wayne.whatley@gmail.com
  • Options
    1jester1jester Posts: 8,638 ✭✭✭
    Priviet, Nick! Welcome, and we hope you stick around! The more, the merrier.

imageimageimage
    .....GOD

• Options
    There are a lot of nice people here!
    You can fool man but you can't fool God! He knows why you do what you do!
  • Options
    AskariAskari Posts: 3,713
    Ah, yes, the Dark Side ... where even a Dead King has a life! imageimageimage
    Askari

Come on over ... to The Dark Side! image
  • Options
    We even have our own village idiot who claims to be into stocks...

We haven't put anyone into the stocks since 1690.
    "It is good for the state that the people do not think."

Adolf Hitler